• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Cystm

I hate the kits.

Couple of news items:

The Philadelphia World Cup: Kenney's plan to unite a city

The tournament will feature teams representing the cultures and countries of Philadelphia’s immigrant communities. Think: A “Philadelphia International Cup.”

“That’s just the tentative name for it,” said Salvatore. “We are still working on hammering a lot of details and the name is one of them.”

Mayor Kenney said his hope is the tournament will highlight Philadelphia’s diversity and bring together neighborhoods. It has always been a dream of his, he said.

“The Germans from Cannstatter in the Northeast playing the Mexicans in South Philly playing the Ghanaians of Southwest and so on,” Kenney said. “When you bring people together around one commonality, it’s the foundation for important cultural exchange and understanding that increases tolerance across the city.”

This is a really great idea and very cool of Philly to do. Would love to see this throughout the country.

Arsenal Ladies to play Seattle Reign

Arsenal Ladies will play Seattle Reign in the United States on Thursday, May 26, during a mid-season break in the Women’s Super League.

Good move all around. Love to see this. Would love it even more around the same time as the all-star break. Would be really good for NWSL and WoSo in general.

Definitely look better here, but still not great. Will have to see them in action:

xxhEovd.jpg

Whites are nice, though I wish the blue was darker. The blacks are an abomination.

San Jose's stadium is so damn weird.

What is weird about it?

I have season tickets for the Quakes and love the stadium. Curious to hear why you find it weird.

The only complaint I have is that the Ultras are right above the other supporters groups. That gets annoying fast.

ZZMitch

Sad I am going to miss most of the games this weekend. Should be a fun one.

FC Dallas vs. Montreal seems like it will be great. Also SKC vs Toronto

US U23 roster for Colombia matches:

U.S. Roster by Position:
GOALKEEPERS (3): Cody Cropper (Milton Keynes Dons), Ethan Horvath (Molde KJ), Zach Steffen (SC Freiburg)
DEFENDERS (8): Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas), Matt Miazga (Chelsea FC), Eric Miller (Colorado Rapids), Tim Parker (Vancouver Whitecaps FC), Desevio Payne (FC Groningen), Shane O’Neill (Cambridge United), Brandon Vincent (Chicago Fire), Walker Zimmerman (FC Dallas)
MIDFIELDERS (9): Fatai Alashe (San Jose Earthquakes), Paul Arriola (Club Tijuana), Luis Gil (Queretaro), Julian Green (Bayern Munich), Emerson Hyndman (Fulham FC), Jerome Kiesewetter (VfB Stuttgart), Matt Polster (Chicago Fire), Dillon Serna (Colorado Rapids), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC)
FORWARDS (3): Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC), Mario Rodriguez (Borussia Monchengladbach), Khiry Shelton (New York City FC)

Cystm

Chicago vs Columbus is the fucking worst.

Our defense is really good, thankfully.

These old folks in our midfield look like they are just barely hanging in there.

Alvarez seriously cannot sprint for more than 5 yards. Everyone on the attack has a heavy touch so we can't find a rhythm. The attack breaks down on the second or third touch everytime.

de2XL9z.gif

Cystm

Wenger and Maidana have reshaped Houston. They are looking better than they have the past 2 seasons.

Nice meg by Grelladinho.

ZZMitch

Man that Reb Bull vs Houstan game is why I love MLS. So exciting! Felipe with some sweet set pieces and Zizzo's face saving the day.

Settling in for Quakes-LAG. The lack of Goodson for the Quakes has me deeply concerned.

US U23 roster for Colombia matches:

U.S. Roster by Position:
GOALKEEPERS (3): Cody Cropper (Milton Keynes Dons), Ethan Horvath (Molde KJ), Zach Steffen (SC Freiburg)
DEFENDERS (8): Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas), Matt Miazga (Chelsea FC), Eric Miller (Colorado Rapids), Tim Parker (Vancouver Whitecaps FC), Desevio Payne (FC Groningen), Shane O’Neill (Cambridge United), Brandon Vincent (Chicago Fire), Walker Zimmerman (FC Dallas)
MIDFIELDERS (9): Fatai Alashe (San Jose Earthquakes), Paul Arriola (Club Tijuana), Luis Gil (Queretaro), Julian Green (Bayern Munich), Emerson Hyndman (Fulham FC), Jerome Kiesewetter (VfB Stuttgart), Matt Polster (Chicago Fire), Dillon Serna (Colorado Rapids), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC)
FORWARDS (3): Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC), Mario Rodriguez (Borussia Monchengladbach), Khiry Shelton (New York City FC)
Of interest, no Zelalem, Rubin, Pulisic, or CCV.

Mully

Great game. Fun win, but boy did Metro lose a lot with Veron, Baah, and Zubar getting injured. It may be a difficult few weeks for RBNY.

Top Bottom