• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

ZZMitch

Probably the u20 as the u23 is already dealing with Olympic Qualifying.

Actually it looks like he got called up to the full USMNT game in Columbus against Guatemala. Color me surprised! He would be much more useful against Colombia IMO but whatevah

Meier

If he's going to make the difference in us winning a qualifier, then we won't do anything of note in the Olympics anyway. I say get him capped. He's earned it.

Just looked at the table, shocked to see Columbus and Seattle are the last two teams. Obviously will change over time but that's still unreal especially in Seattle's case.

Blue Lou

CONCACAF President candidate Victor Montagliani wants to look at increasing the Gold Cup from 12 to 16 teams.

He also wants CONCACAF to sell tv rights for their own competitions (and FIFAs) as a block (centrally), to increase funding for smaller FAs.

ZZMitch

CONCACAF President candidate Victor Montagliani wants to look at increasing the Gold Cup from 12 to 16 teams.

He also wants CONCACAF to sell tv rights for their own competitions (and FIFAs) as a block (centrally), to increase funding for smaller FAs.

16 teams seems a little crazy.

1. Mexico
2. USA
3. Costa Rica
4. Panama
5. Honduras
6. Jamaica
7. Canada
8. Trinidad and Tobago
9 Guatemala
10. El Salvador
11. Haiti
12. Cuba

13. Nicaragua?
14. Belize?
15. Puerto Rico?
16. Antigua?? Domincan Republic??

Gets pretty dicey around 10, let alone 12 or 16... I guess he really wants that Caribbean island vote lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

So long as those rights don't get stuck behind some fucking paywall or on some channel no one has...

Reminder that there are two big games today for the US program:
U-23 MNT vs Colombia - first leg of their playoff from Colombia, 5pm ET on FS1 and Univision Deportes
MNT vs Guatemala - World Cup Qualfier, 10pm ET on beIN Sport and NBC Universo

wVJHwdj.jpg

Clydefrog

Reminder that there are two big games today for the US program:
U-23 MNT vs Colombia - first leg of their playoff from Colombia, 5pm ET on FS1 and Univision Deportes
MNT vs Guatemala - World Cup Qualfier, 10pm ET on beIN Sport and NBC Universo

I wouldn't be surprised if Guatemala take it to us and win tonight.

Meier

US should have had #2 there.. or at least done better with the chance.

Seeing the new away kit on the U23 team makes me think they aren't that bad.

jk, they're atrocious

I don't necessarily mind if the kits aren't super traditional, but this is such a departure and so random that it's really questionable. I can't imagine it will sell well so you have to wonder what the impetus even is.

Meier

Horvath off due to a possible concussion, Cody Cropper in. 6 minutes of added time in the 1st.. 2 minutes gone thus far.

I completely understand doing it at the end of a match or if you're down a man, but trying to bunker for 90 minutes is rarely effective.

I've been watching US soccer since 06 still haven't seen it change.

Still play this boring non attacking style.

But I mean looking at this lineup I guess it's understandable.

Top Bottom