• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

LA Galaxy > San Jose, All is right in the world.

cdGtVdC.jpg

silly move for the rapids but it does present a decent marketing opportunity and he ends up being one of the better keepers in mls so.

poor Zac MacMath though.

Chris R

Watched the Sounders game this morning... holy hell the ref was absolute garbage. Two penalties awarded to Vancouver that shouldn't have been. First was a total dive with ZERO contact from the defender (player tripped himself on the turf, dove, and then begged for a yellow card for the Seattle player). Second was a little more iffy, but contact was made with the ball before there was contact with the player.

Maybe the Timbers game will be better, gonna start that after the Manchester Derby finishes lol.

WCQ roster

U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION (Club; WCQ Caps/Goals)
GOALKEEPERS (4): David Bingham (San Jose Earthquakes; 0/0), Brad Guzan (Aston Villa; 9/0), Tim Howard (Everton FC; 30/0), William Yarbrough (Club Leon; 0/0)
DEFENDERS (9): Ventura Alvarado (Club America; 0/0), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City; 8/0), Steve Birnbaum (D.C. United; 0/0), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin; 0/0), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City; 15/1), Edgar Castillo (Monterrey; 4/0), Omar Gonzalez (Pachuca; 8/0), Michael Orozco (Club Tijuana; 4/1), DeAndre Yedlin (Sunderland; 0/0)
MIDFIELDERS (8): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake; 6/0), Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes FC; 3/0), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC; 26/5), Mix Diskerud (New York City FC; 3/0), Ethan Finlay (Columbus Crew SC; 0/0), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Monchengladbach; 11/1), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers FC; 2/0), Lee Nguyen (New England Revolution; 0/0)
FORWARDS (5): Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC; 28/12), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC; 34/13), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes; 0/0), Bobby Wood (Union Berlin; 2/1), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy; 2/1)

Azuran

Banned
The refs in this league are a complete joke. I wonder how the refs are going to gift the opposite team a goal next game.

Yeah, SKC can enjoy their red card suspension. I'm not terribly upset, they're a very good club, especially at home. I'd have been pleasantly surprised by anything better than a loss.

- ESPNFC: Mix Diskerud most overrated in MLS, ahead of high-priced stars - player poll
On the condition of anonymity, 123 current players were asked for their picks of the league's most overrated and underrated players, as well as which coach for whom they most wanted to play.

The respondents named 38 different players as most overrated, led by New York City FC's Diskerud, slightly ahead of Toronto FC's Jozy Altidore.
Three of the top four players named play for NYCFC. After Diskerud, players took aim at his teammates Frank Lampard and Andrea Pirlo.

The next four names were all among the league's top 10 highest-paid players. Steven Gerrard of the LA Galaxy was fifth, followed by his teammate Giovani Dos Santos and Toronto FC's Michael Bradley in a tie for sixth, with Seattle's Clint Dempsey eighth.

Orlando City defender Aurelien Collin and Sporting Kansas City midfielder Benny Feilhaber rounded out the top 10.

U.S. internationals accounted for 18 of the 38 players named as most overrated.
The New York Red Bulls' Dax McCarty and Darlington Nagbe of the Portland Timbers tied for the most votes as the league's most underrated player, though both players also received one vote each as the most overrated.

McCarty was named an MLS All-Star last season for the first time in his 10-year career, though he last earned a cap for the U.S. in 2010. Nagbe has made four appearances for the U.S. since gaining citizenship in September.

Next among the most underrated players were FC Dallas' Fabian Castillo and Portland's Diego Chara, followed by FC Dallas' Kellyn Acosta and Kellyn Acosta, the Red Bulls' Sacha Kljestan, Vancouver's Matias Laba, and New England's Lee Nguyen and Chris Tierney.
More via the link including coaching picks.

Cystm

Really fascinating information. I wouldn't have guessed that guys fighting for 50k a season would be for promotion/relegation.

I don't know about most overrated but Mix has been seriously disappointing coming to MLS.

I think part of the issue is NYCFC, and their horribly balanced midfield, and lack of offensive identity; but with the freedom he is given if he is a creator he should be doing much better if he wants to be anywhere near the national team.

Copa America single game tickets are on sale today. I took a look seats for the US-Colombia match, and they're very expensive. I'll have to mull over if I want to go at that price.

Top Bottom