• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

I'm going to get wrecked in fantasy this week unless Gio has a 5 goal game. And to think I had just finished digging myself out of that hole I started in after I forgot I was doing this.

Why no free transfer window?

I selected Gio with one of my free transfers. At least I got one person actually playing this week right.

Also, there isn't a free transfer window for, like, another month. Lame.

ZZMitch

I selected Gio with one of my free transfers. At least I got one person actually playing this week right.

Also, there isn't a free transfer window for, like, another month. Lame.

Where do you see when free transfer windows are?

I just wanted to pre-emptively say fuck you imbask.

Haha Impact playing their starters while TFC goes with a bunch of homegrown kids, should be fun.

Also, this PHIvsCLB game is great

imBask

Banned
I just wanted to pre-emptively say fuck you imbask.

236%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20headset%20stone_cold_steve_austin%20wwf.gif

RBH

OtooUpdated.jpg

Atlanta United FC today announced the signing of 18-year-old striker Jeffrey Otoo.

The 5’ 9” Otoo comes to Atlanta from Charity Stars FC, located in Accra, Ghana where he scored 21 goals in 13 games since December 2015 playing in Division 2. He will play the remainder of the 2016 season on loan with Charleston Battery, Atlanta United’s USL affiliate.

Ugh, bad result for the Quakes last night - unable to get a goal against Portland even though they were down to 10 men for the entire 2nd half. Quakes outshot them 13-2, but most of those were from outside the box or missed the target.

In other news, it's always entertaining to read commentary on the USMNT from abroad, here the Guardian's Copa America preview
USA will get to …
… the quarter-finals. With home advantage they should be good enough to get out of a relatively straightforward group, but Brazil or Ecuador await in the last eight. Brazil are out of sorts and Ecuador, while in rich form, are beatable, so a semi-final isn’t impossible. JW

… the quarter finals. A semi-final place may be the target, but starting the tournament with a “final” against Colombia, as Jürgen Klinsmann has put it, may not give them the result to advance better than second out of the group – particularly with Klinsmann’s insistence on experimenting right up to the very last warm-up game. That will tee them up for a difficult quarter-final and probable heartache. GP

… watch as better teams compete for the trophy. Home field advantage wasn’t any use in last year’s Gold Cup and overall the squad’s generating less buzz than a beehive in a pesticide factory. The pressure on the coach may spur the team on, but it’s borderline whether they even get out of a hard group. TD

… the semi-finals. But it won’t be easy. Colombia, Paraguay and Costa Rica will all present difficult challenges, but with Keylor Navas in doubt for Costa Rica, the US’s chance for advancement only grows. Led by a crop of youngsters and buoyed by home field, the US will be poised to make an impression. DM

… the group stage – and that’s about it. I hope I’m wrong: I’d love to see the hosts make a good run, but my gut tells me they won’t get out of Group A. It’s a tough group for USA, and I’m not even talking about Colombia. On their day, both Costa Rica and Paraguay can be a handful. Jozy Altidore is hardly Robert Lewandowski but Jürgen will miss him more than he thinks. LME

Jurgen Klinsmann is …

… an average coach whose motivational abilities can’t disguise his tactical shortcomings. JW

… stretched too thin. The technical director of US soccer keeps interfering with the head coach in trying out new personnel to bring through, with a perpetual eye on a distant event horizon. The coach is unable to settle on a side with all this going on, and should maybe take that up with the technical director, but the technical director … etc etc. GP

… still unsure of his best team and tactics and surely ripe for replacement if the Copa is a catastrophe. TD

… relying on new blood. Pulisic, Brooks, Nagbe and Wood have excited in recent matches. Will they finally fulfill Klinsmann’s promise of proactive soccer? DM

… always a motivator, never a tactician. Klinsmann’s Achilles heel is that he doesn’t have a plan B. LME

- MLS Analyst: USMNT are better historically then you realize, explained

I like his version. The only changes I would make, with the current roster, is Jones for Nagbe. This could very well be the spine of the team for Russia, especially if we manage to do well.
I don't mind playing Jones against Colombia and being a little more conservative with the lineup. Take a draw if you can get it and then worry about the next two games. Nagbe/Pulisic can give the US a huge lift off the bench if needed.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
- MLS Analyst: USMNT are better historically then you realize, explained

I don't mind playing Jones against Colombia and being a little more conservative with the lineup. Take a draw if you can get it and then worry about the next two games. Nagbe/Pulisic can give the US a huge lift off the bench if needed.

I just think Nagbe might be more effective than Jones is all. I'd be over the hill with a single point in that game.

I like his version. The only changes I would make, with the current roster, is Jones for Nagbe. This could very well be the spine of the team for Russia, especially if we manage to do well.

??

Fabian Johnson is not a winger in a 4-3-3. This dude doesn't watch the Bundesliga at all.

Holy shit, the rain in this Houston/Dallas match. There's no way they make it to the 5th min.

Edit: And they don't! Match stopped in the 5th min.

Top Bottom