• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Meier

I've seen a few concerns about them already having a lot of center midfielders. He does really need playing time at a professional level.

Looks like Andrew Surman (29), Eunan O'Kane (25) and Shaun MacDonald (28) all have their contracts expiring in June 2017 so hopefully a few of them will move on this summer or next and he can slot in soon. Surman was a regular so I imagine they'll try and keep him O'Kane was a sub primarily and MacDonald more or less never played.

Marsch signed a contract extension with RBNY today.
Looks like Andrew Surman (29), Eunan O'Kane (25) and Shaun MacDonald (28) all have their contracts expiring in June 2017 so hopefully a few of them will move on this summer or next and he can slot in soon. Surman was a regular so I imagine they'll try and keep him O'Kane was a sub primarily and MacDonald more or less never played.
Not too bad. Would be good to get him at least a handful of starts if possible plus some time off the bench.

Cystm

Marsch signed a contract extension with RBNY today. Not too bad. Would be good to get him at least a handful of starts if possible plus some time off the bench.

Nothing against Pauno, but part of me was hoping he would make his way back home to Chicago.

RBH

usa-today-9327197.0.jpg

How close is Andres Guardado to joining Atlanta United FC? According to ESPN Deportes' John Sutcliffe, it may just be a signature away.

Guardado, via a report from Sutcliffe, has been offered a $6 million a year contract by the club to become their first designated player. This is the third report by Sutcliffe linking Guardado to AUFC, each time adding a new bit of information. He initially reported that the two sides were interested a few weeks back while in Atlanta taking a tour of the Mercedes-Benz Stadium construction site, and reiterated the report just yesterday on Futbol Picante and the Spanish language edition of SportsCenter. It appears that the numbers behind the story are clear now, and we have our most definitive information yet regarding the midfielder's possible move to AUFC and MLS.

If Guardado signs the contract, it would tie him with New York City FC's Frank Lampard, Toronto FC's Michael Bradley and LA Galaxy's Steven Gerrard for the second-highest base salary in MLS.
http://www.dirtysouthsoccer.com/atl...ado-atlanta-united-contract-designated-player

MLS only fans have no clue how good he still is. He was very capable for Man City recently and still could have played in Europe for another season or two. If he stays healthy for the rest of the season, I bet he'll score 8-10 goals.

I'm just salty his first start is against us and he scores against us in his first start :(

Solid win tonight thanks to Drew Moor's big beautiful head. Even better to see all the Gerrard jerseys in the crowd and he didn't play.

Dallas just robbed of a goal, that totally crossed the line.

Edit: And now the ref is making calls, making up for the several non-calls and misses earlier this half. Yeesh.

Red Bull should've lost last night. The number of chances Seattle had early were ridiculous. However, they couldn't convert any of them while Grella did (such a sweet chip) and they won. Yay!

That Messi goal was unstoppable. It was akin to golf's hole-in-one. Absolute perfection.

I respectfully disagree.

It was an amazing perfect shot. But it wasn't unstoppable. Guzan got beat on his near post, which normally shouldn't happen. Guzan took a small hop to his right, which killed him because when he tried to jump back to his left, he couldn't get the same lift and he was further from the post. I don't blame the goal on Guzan, that honor goes to Wondo. But it wasn't an unstoppable shot. A world class keeper might have read the situation better and maybe got their finger tips on it.

A world class keeper is the type who is able to occasionally stop the "unstoppable".Guzan saved the shots he was supposed to. And didn't save the ones he wasn't expected to. That's fine and good but when you follow the lineage of Peak Howard, Kasey Kelller, and Brad Friedel, then you have to expect more from the #1 keeper.

All I need to keep feeding me my misery is a collection of clips from all of our giveaways featuring stars such as Bradley and Wondo. I need it.

Meier

Sorry Chosen, I think you're 100% wrong on this one. No keeper is saving that at all -- the obvious thing for Messi to do is go near post and instead he not only goes far post, he skims the under side of the crossbar while doing it. Flawless shot, completely unstoppable by any keeper in the world.

Top Bottom