• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
As an OCSC fan, I'm happy.

But for real, that pitch is just horrible to look at. Is NYCFC looking for a real stadium for the future?

Me and B-Dubs just got back. As an OCSC fan great ending though not 100 we deserved a tie.

As an OCSC fan, I'm happy.

But for real, that pitch is just horrible to look at. Is NYCFC looking for a real stadium for the future?
It's trash people tripping all over the place

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
To be fair neither side deserved 3 points in that one. Also, can confirm NYCFC fans are still ultra salty over last week. Dudes are still pure salt.

As much as I want to, I still can't take NYFC seriously until they get their own stadium. That field today was garbage to play soccer on. Ugh. The deserve better than that.

Cystm

whJwcNd.gif

daegan

How was that? Heard they had a nice supporter turnout. I bought a share in FCUM last summer and followed them throughout the year. Pretty cool to see them come over here for a match.

Incredible. Slightly lower turnout than our first match at Keyworth but still, 6,200ish when season tickets weren't good for the match is fantastic. Probably the best showing any visiting side has had vs. DCFC - looked like around 50 made the trip over plus they enjoyed some US support as well...and you could hear them loud and clear across the stadium from the supporters' section (during rare periods of quiet). A few made the trip over to our side and we enjoyed some back-and-forth, and they even started doing our songs toward the end of the match as well.

5 goals in the first half kept it interesting and a tying goal for us at the last gasp of the game was perfect.

Incredible. Slightly lower turnout than our first match at Keyworth but still, 6,200ish when season tickets weren't good for the match is fantastic. Probably the best showing any visiting side has had vs. DCFC - looked like around 50 made the trip over plus they enjoyed some US support as well...and you could hear them loud and clear across the stadium from the supporters' section (during rare periods of quiet). A few made the trip over to our side and we enjoyed some back-and-forth, and they even started doing our songs toward the end of the match as well.

5 goals in the first half kept it interesting and a tying goal for us at the last gasp of the game was perfect.

That's awesome. Glad it turned well for both sides.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
NYRB just got what looks like a pretty good draw in the Champion's League. Here's hoping we can at least make the final.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
That slip by Villa and that last minute goal by OCSC was hilarious.

As much as I want to, I still can't take NYFC seriously until they get their own stadium. That field today was garbage to play soccer on. Ugh. The deserve better than that.

Eh.

NYRB just got what looks like a pretty good draw in the Champion's League. Here's hoping we can at least make the final.

People are saying Alianza away will be tough, but we should win this group.

Lunar FC

Just bought me a 2015 Away Zardes shirt and 2016 Home Pulisic shirt for a combined $120. How many months before I regret this day?

Cool sheet, but why does it only show the women's soccer matches for the Olympics?
You can ask him on Twitter, but I'd guess it's both a lack of space on the page plus the other three competitions (Copa, Euros, Women's Olympics) being the most interesting to an average US fan? I'll watch some of the men's Olypmics, but I have to admit diminished interest given the other competitions airing at the same time and the lack of the US U-23s.

ZZMitch

Oh, wow. I am going to miss the entire Olympics this year because i'll be up in northern Canada doing my Master's field research without any internet or anything. Thankfully I don't leave until the Euros and Copa America are done though!

I am sure gunna miss the Olympic archery however, some of the most intense shit I've ever watched.

In the west, there's an 11 point gap between 2nd and 8th

in the east, there's only a 3 point gap.

lol.

We've sucked this year but at least the rest of the east has been almost collectively just as bad

In the west, there's an 11 point gap between 2nd and 8th

in the east, there's only a 3 point gap.

lol.

We've sucked this year but at least the rest of the east has been almost collectively just as bad

It'll be like last couple years when we'll go on our 6/7/8 game losing streak in the middle of summer and still be in striking distance of a playoff spot.

I really like Kitchen, I feel like he's more of a proper d-mid and can better protect the backline.

But all three will be defending a lot. But Jones Bradley and Kitchen can all help defend, work, keep possession, press and push the ball forward when needed. I think they are the three best two-way midfielders we have in that regard, so I would prefer to start them all.

If we can get a point against Colombia I'll feel a lot better about our chances. I still think we're getting out, but my confidence level would go up with a positive result in the first game.

That's true. However, I just can't see them not getting out, despite the result.

Also, in fantasy, this week is a wash for me. Half my team isn't playing and, with my two free transfers, I picked a Red Bull with one of them. D'oh.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm going to get wrecked in fantasy this week unless Gio has a 5 goal game. And to think I had just finished digging myself out of that hole I started in after I forgot I was doing this.

Why no free transfer window?

Askani

Not really related since European, but:

I just saw Liverpool and AS Roma are doing a friendly in August at Busch Stadium in St Louis. I'm going to make a real effort to go to this. Funny that out of all the teams in Europe, I would have seen 4 European teams play in live games here in the US and 2 of them would be AS Roma.

Meier

I'm going to get wrecked in fantasy this week unless Gio has a 5 goal game. And to think I had just finished digging myself out of that hole I started in after I forgot I was doing this.

Why no free transfer window?

I imagine a lot of folks will. I'll have like 4 dudes playing. Ouch.

Top Bottom