• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Askani

Goddamn we're a terrible team right now. Bounced out of the USOC, will probably will get bounced out of CCL in the group stage.

MLS Analyst with a few post-Copa articles:

- Predicting the USMNT squad for Russia 2018
GK: Brad Guzan, Bill Hamid, Ethan Horvath
CB: Brooks, Cameron, Matt Besler, Omar Gonzalez, Matt Miazga
RB: DeAndre Yedlin, Timmy Chandler
LB: Fabian Johnson, Kellyn Acosta
DM: Bradley, Perry Kitchen
CM: Jermaine Jones, Alejandro Bedoya, Darlington Nagbe
Wingers: Christian Pulisic, Gyasi Zardes, Kekuta Manneh
CF: Bobby Wood, Jozy Altidore, Jordan Morris
Full explanation and players who just missed out via the link.

Also:
- Five from Copa America who'd find a snug fit in MLS

A couple additional items from MLSSoccer:

- Toronto FC's Michael Bradley undergoing medical evaluation on injured knee
- Report: Premier League newcomers Middlesbrough eyeing Brad Guzan (Daily Mail source, though Wahl had said recently that a few EPL clubs were looking at Guzan)

I didn't post much (at all?) in the actual copa thread for whatever reason. Did ya'll mostly agree that Brooks and Wood were both super good? Brooks had some absolutely heroic defending, and Wood was doing all the high pressure that our forwards always slack off on.

ZZMitch

I didn't post much (at all?) in the actual copa thread for whatever reason. Did ya'll mostly agree that Brooks and Wood were both super good? Brooks had some absolutely heroic defending, and Wood was doing all the high pressure that our forwards always slack off on.

Brooks and Wood were great, yeah.

Brooks was our best player hands down. He was a monster and I fully expect a pretty huge paycheck to start coming his way soon.

Jeff Carlise said:
#TFC announces that Michael Bradley will miss 6 weeks w/a knee sprain. Will Johnson also out 6 weeks w/tibial plateau fracture. #mls #usmnt
Bradley was injured during the 3rd place game against Colombia.

Azuran

Banned
So, uh, TFC is basically TFC II right now...

This season is officially a write off. Half of our key players are gone for the next two months. If it wasn't for Chicago, we would easily get last place because we can't score at all anymore.

Top Bottom