• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Meier

I guess I wasn't paying attention to them outside of the two matches we played against them.

Tactically, he's never shown himself to be a good coach. There's really been no impression given that he can get us over the hump. I appreciate his many years of service to the club but I certainly agree with the move. I'm surprised by the timing of it, but not disappointed.

The game against Dallas was unquestionably the worst performance in the club's history. And it wasn't even close. I think the players quit on him -- I don't know how anyone could have watched that game the other day and thought anything but that.

A couple articles that MLS Analyst recommended:

- FiftyFiveOne: Poku and the Age of Panic in the NASL (a look at where NASL is headed these days)
- Paul Tenorio for FourFourTwo: Orlando City's evolution made Adrian Heath's departure inevitable

I can definitely agree with the NYRB one. BWP and Grella being dangerous isn't enough. We need someone on the other wing to score goals too and for some reason Sam isn't getting it done this year, and Veron is disappointing. If Sam, Veron or Muyl start scoring and get more dangerous then our problems are solved.
I agree with the assessment of the Quakes, as well. They really need some youth on the backline. Kinnear gambled that the older players (Stewart - Bernardez - Goodson - Wynne) could stay fit, but that hasn't been the case. The injuries are killing the Quake backline right now, and it's going to get ugly against FCD Friday night if they're not focused.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ugh, that thing on Heath sounds horrible. I had liked Orlando last year and figured they were a trade or two away from a playoff spot, had TFC not come good they would have made it, but it looks like that worrying offseason stuff was only the tip of the iceberg.

- D.C. United acquires Lloyd Sam from New York Red Bulls
D.C. United acquired winger Lloyd Sam from the rival New York Red Bulls on Thursday, bolstering one of the weakest attacks in MLS with a player who bedeviled United over the years. In exchange, the Red Bulls received general allocation money, which can be applied toward future acquisitions.

Sam, 31, will report to United in Philadelphia ahead of Saturday night’s match at Talen Energy Stadium and likely made his D.C. debut as a substitute.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I had JUST read a thing about him being up on the trade block and he's already going to DC? That clinches it, we're definitely shopping for another winger and likely looking to spend some decent cash.

It makes a bit of sense we'd offload him, he's still good but hasn't been nearly as dangerous as we've needed him to be this year. It not only frees up money but a starting slot.

OK Metro-GAF, who do you think we're gonna get? Because there's no way we're not getting someone after trading Sam away for a bunch of cash.

Mully

So the most likely bullshit rumor going around Twitter and Facebook is that Metro sent allocation money to Montreal for Cameron Porter. I haven't seen a credible source for the rumor just yet.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So the most likely bullshit rumor going around Twitter and Facebook is that Metro sent allocation money to Montreal for Cameron Porter. I haven't seen a credible source for the rumor just yet.

No way does Montreal give him up for allocation money alone.

imBask

Banned
No way does Montreal give him up for allocation money alone.

we have to give up a forward apparently, after signing that italian dude earlier

Porter :( Salazar stole his spot sadly, so I wouldn't be surprised

forever

EDIT: actually, other people are saying the rumor came from a troll account

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
we have to give up a forward apparently, after signing that italian dude earlier

Porter :( Salazar stole his spot sadly, so I wouldn't be surprised

forever

EDIT: actually, other people are saying the rumor came from a troll account

Even if it wasn't a troll account from what Marsch has said recently we should be looking for a much bigger signing than Porter.

Gonna miss Sam :(

imBask

Banned
Apparently, Impact signed yet another striker and loaned him until next season... Marcelo Larrondo

what the hell is going on

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Apparently, Impact signed yet another striker and loaned him until next season... Marcelo Larrondo

what the hell is going on

Maybe they're trying to sign everyone we might be interested in before we get the chance. Damn you Montreal!

For people who care about this kind of thing, Kei Kamara celebrated after he scored his goal tonight

Also holy shit the Revs won a game.

Cystm

For people who care about this kind of thing, Kei Kamara celebrated after he scored his goal tonight

Also holy shit the Revs won a game.

I see Lee Nguyen dyed his hair again. Dude looks 70.

Edit: Giovinco had 13 shots today, was fouled 5 times, and got an assist.

ZZMitch

imbask, I'm in Montreal this weekend (meeting my mom halfway between Kingston where I work and Maine where I'm from) and picked up one of the new Montreal kits! Really a fan of this one.

FB_IMG_1468121043474_zps5wrqbgfq.jpg

imBask

Banned
imbask, I'm in Montreal this weekend (meeting my mom halfway between Kingston where I work and Maine where I'm from) and picked up one of the new Montreal kits! Really a fan of this one.

looking good! I don't even have one of those yet :'( Enjoying the city eventhough it's pretty cold and rainy?

Just tuned into the RSL Montreal game. Why isn't Drogba playing. Is he not on the team anymore? Lost track of his story.

mysterious injury

ZZMitch

looking good! I don't even have one of those yet :'( Enjoying the city eventhough it's pretty cold and rainy?

Yeah, we have been having a good time. Almost got stuck at the top of Mt Royal for a bit in the thunderstorm yesterday but made it down finally! We enjoyed the old city in the evening as well, with fireworks last night! Leaving an hour to get back to Kingston but I'll have to be back sometime.

Mully

Good effort by Metro today, but poor result. Hopefully the 4-2-2-2 chemistry with Veron keeps building. I've always been a fan of the formation and Veron looks perfect for it, but I'm not sure if the rest of the offensive side of the squad has the tools for it.

RBH

Numerous reports from South America and America have Atlanta United on the verge of signing Argentinian forward Hector “Tito” Villalba.

Villalba, 21 years old, currrently plays for San Lorenzo in Argentina, where he has scored 15 goals in 89 appearances in league games. He has been tied to MLS clubs in the past.

Different reports have the transfer fee for acquiring the player as ranging between $2-$2.5 million.

A few days ago, Atlanta United announced the signing of Irish midfielder/defender Chris McCann. He was the team’s fifth reported signing.

The transfer window opened on July 4 and Atlanta United technical director Carlos Bocanegra said the club should be busy acquiring players for its inaugural season in 2017.

Atlanta United officials have repeatedly said they won’t discuss players that they don’t have under contract.
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/pro-sports/atlanta-united-reportedly-closing-on-argentinian-f/nrwBR/

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Good effort by Metro today, but poor result. Hopefully the 4-2-2-2 chemistry with Veron keeps building. I've always been a fan of the formation and Veron looks perfect for it, but I'm not sure if the rest of the offensive side of the squad has the tools for it.

We need to get a little sharper and be able to play a little wider, but there was a lot of good in that performance. If Veron can round into form it'd solve a lot of our issues and given how hard a worker he seems to be I wouldn't bet against it. From there we need to get a bit wider, it's too easy to get our attack trapped in a bottleneck right now.

If Atlanta can continue to make signings like this they'll be an interesting club to watch next season.

Dartastic

Top Bottom