• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Azuran

Banned
lmao TFC is so bad now. Giovinco trying to dribble through 3 people only to get dispossessed and complain about it afterwards perfectly summarizes the last two months of this season. Is it any really any wonder he went into a slump when Jozy got injured?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
lmao TFC is so bad now. Giovinco trying to dribble through 3 people only to get dispossessed and complain about it afterwards perfectly summarizes the last two months of this season. Is it any really any wonder he went into a slump when Jozy got injured?

TFC, and the US, use him up top to clear space for the midfield/underlying strikers. Once he's gone so is all that space he creates for everyone else. Dude might not have been scoring goals for TFC this season (yet), but he's been a huge part of why their attack works.

TFC, and the US, use him up top to clear space for the midfield/underlying strikers. Once he's gone so is all that space he creates for everyone else. Dude might not have been scoring goals for TFC this season (yet), but he's been a huge part of why their attack works.
Hamilton is playing the Jozy role pretty well, I think. Tonight we were just unlucky, we could have had 3 by half.

CJ Sapong does the same for us and it's been rough without him on the field. It's a noticable difference

Houston fans doing 'puto' chants on goal kicks.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hamilton is playing the Jozy role pretty well, I think. Tonight we were just unlucky, we could have had 3 by half.

He's not bad at it, but he's not as dangerous in front of goal--and his passing around the box isn't as good--so it limits how much space he can make. Luckily he should be back in a week or two and you guys will go back to normal going forward, Bradley missing in the back is going to be a big loss though.

CJ Sapong does the same for us and it's been rough without him on the field. It's a noticable difference

Houston fans doing 'puto' chants on goal kicks.

We're catching up to Mexico!!

He's not bad at it, but he's not as dangerous in front of goal--and his passing around the box isn't as good--so it limits how much space he can make. Luckily he should be back in a week or two and you guys will go back to normal going forward, Bradley missing in the back is going to be a big loss though.
He's also a crucial few years younger, with less experience. Give him time and he should be much better.

And fortunately we have Cheyrou, he's great.

Mully

NYCFC followed Columbus and DC today. They outpressed the press and made the game ugly.

The secret has been out against Metro for a while: make the game dirty, outpress the midfield, and mark on set plays. If a team does one of those things, RBNY struggles, if you do all three, RBNY suffocates.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
NYCFC followed Columbus and DC today. They outpressed the press and made the game ugly.

The secret has been out against Metro for a while: make the game dirty, outpress the midfield, and mark on set plays. If a team does one of those things, RBNY struggles, if you do all three, RBNY suffocates.

Now all we have to do is find a way to counter that somehow. I really don't like this feeling I have today, it makes me feel wrong.

Meier

Jack Harrison has been the difference maker for NYC. The team is significantly better with him in it.

I wonder if/when Mix gets sold? You could argue stashing him until the next year may be worthwhile depending on what Lampard does, but frankly he's just not worth the expense regardless of that.

Nycfc is first in the east. Wow.

Also secret is to pull you guys out wide and switch the field often. That's how we beat you Wednesday.

Dude, shh. People we don't want reading this could be reading this. ಠ_ಠ

Meier

Jack Harrison was only selected by 1.9% of fantasy players this past week. I wonder what percentage that will balloon to next time?

3 of my players didn't play, 3 subs will fill in nicely (6, 1 and 7 points).. would have much rather had Drogba play than have Badji sub in though. :mad: Depending how Jack and Villa do, there's a chance I could snag first off Supermetro, but I assume he has Villa captained as well.

imBask

Banned
Impact are talking to Matteo Mancosu

I don't know him, but it pretty much confirms that Drogba won't be back next year

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Losing to an NASL club in the Open Cup, getting demolished by Dallas, MLS subreddit opinion seems to be pretty understanding.

If that was enough to get the boot NYCFC would've gotten a new coach after we slaughtered them and the Cosmos embarrassed them. Odds are there's something going on behind the scenes.

EDIT: I'm glad we got the win against Club America, plus SWP is now healthy and scored in the 3rd off a bike. Looks like both brothers love to ride the bike. If he's in form and healthy that'd go a long way towards solving our issues.

Askani

U-23 USMNT unexpectedly may have a chance at the 2016 Olympics?

According to this Univision report, The Argentina national football team could be left out of the Olympics entirely due to a lack of coach and an insufficient number of players. Argentina head coach Gerardo Martino recently resigned, and no replacement has been named (and they don't appear to be close to naming one -- it's chaos). Furthermore, so far, just twelve Argentinian players previously called up by Martino have actually received permission from their pro clubs to join up for the Argentina Olympic team. The president of the Argentinian Olympic comittee says there is a "50% chance" that Argentina will not send a men's football team to the Olympic games.

Univision says that if Argentina cannot make the Olympics in the end, then the two likely replacements would be either the United States, which finished 3rd in CONCACAF qualifying and lost a special qualifying playoff vs. Colombia, or Peru, which finished 4th in CONMEBOL qualifying. So on the condition that Argentina doesn't go to the Olympics, the U-23 USMNT does seem to have a real chance to take Argentina's spot. The FIFA Organizing Committee has no specific protocol to decide a replacement in a scenario like this -- it may come down to money.

More at link plus speculated callups: http://www.starsandstripesfc.com/20...ctedly-may-have-a-chance-at-the-2016-olympics

Top Bottom