• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Meier

Was working on getting first place in the fantasy league.. make my way up to just off the top. Had 3 transfers ready to use -- swap in BWP and Grella to take advantage of the double week.

WHAT THE FUCK, NY?! They didn't play Grella and gave a few minutes to BWP (my captain) and to Kljestan who I've had all year. What a shit show! You deserved to lose.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Was working on getting first place in the fantasy league.. make my way up to just off the top. Had 3 transfers ready to use -- swap in BWP and Grella to take advantage of the double week.

WHAT THE FUCK, NY?! They didn't play Grella and gave a few minutes to BWP (my captain) and to Kljestan who I've had all year. What a shit show! You deserved to lose.

I literally cannot believe we lost that game. Such bullshit.

Headed to Stanford to watch Quakes - LAG tonight. Odd setup with quite a few players missing at Copa / Euros. Will catch a bit of the US game first.

Go Quakes!

pxleyes

Banned
Great win, Orlando!!!!

Love the hate on the ref. I feel nothing as an OCSC fan. Live by the ref, die by the ref. We've been screwed enough this season that I'll take a questionable at worst call.

Azuran

Banned
Holy shit straight up robbery at both ends in the field.

If there was any justice in this world this ref would be out of a job for life after this game.

Provided we win the Canadian Championship on Wednesday, I would have been okay with a loss if Orlando had earned it, but not that.

Also, holy shit Bono figure your shit out, that was some rookie mistake right there.

Great win, Orlando!!!!

Love the hate on the ref. I feel nothing as an OCSC fan. Live by the ref, die by the ref. We've been screwed enough this season that I'll take a questionable at worst call.

Oh please. Bendik with both fucking hands dragged down our guy and the ref was mere feet away looking right at them with no call. Then he calls this shit right at the end? Not to mention a straight red because someone calls him on his bullshit. Fuck that.

pxleyes

Banned
Oh please. Bendik with both fucking hands dragged down our guy and the ref was mere feet away looking right at them with no call. Then he calls this shit right at the end? Not to mention a straight red because someone calls him on his bullshit. Fuck that.
I know the pain from earlier this season, but I'm not sorry getting the 3 points.

Azuran

Banned
I know the pain from earlier this season, but I'm not sorry getting the 3 points.

No one is hating on Orlando. Anyone would be static with 3 points.

But the refs have been fucking us over for 10 years now. Trust me, Toronto fans probably know more about suffering be it from shitty play or/and refs than anyone else in this game.

pxleyes

Banned
No one is hating on Orlando. Anyone would be static with 3 points.

But the refs have been fucking us over for 10 years now. Trust me, Toronto fans probably know more about suffering be it from shitty play or/and refs than anyone else in this game.
I wasn't following the MLS 10 years ago, so I'd be up for seeing some stats on it, but my first inclination is to say that every fan of every team says that about being screwed by refs. It just so happens the MLS has particularly bad refs, but name a sport where anyone likes the refs?

Meier

Boy this thread is treading water even with MLS games back. Kind of a shame.

I wonder how poor Aron Johannsson is feeling these days... just had a miserable time with injuries lately and since he declared for us, Iceland has gone from 140 in the World to probably being ranked ahead of us in the near future. Their players will now be national heroes for life. I feel a little bad for him to be honest.

imBask

Banned
There's like 1 fan per team in this thread, and most people don't watch every game so there's very little to talk about :(

I also never post during the Impact's game because i'm usually over there

Cystm

Boy this thread is treading water even with MLS games back. Kind of a shame.

I wonder how poor Aron Johannsson is feeling these days... just had a miserable time with injuries lately and since he declared for us, Iceland has gone from 140 in the World to probably being ranked ahead of us in the near future. Their players will now be national heroes for life. I feel a little bad for him to be honest.

I was just thinking the same thing. Especially with that win over England. Just incredible.

With Sounders in the form they've been in, I would just be whining in this thread and getting mercilessly mocked by Dartastic, and that crying timbers fan gif wouldn't even cheer me up

At least Jordan Morris seems like he'll be good by the time he pulls a Yedlin and leaves for Europe. Damn it, that doesn't help either

Any Metro gaf coming down tomorrow for the game or is the middle of the week game hard to get to time wise? I figure if not tomorrow y'all will be probably be down in like two weeks anyway.

Mully

Any Metro gaf coming down tomorrow for the game or is the middle of the week game hard to get to time wise? I figure if not tomorrow y'all will be probably be down in like two weeks anyway.

I'll be leaving NY for Chester tomorrow at 3PM. I'm not sure if I'll be there in time to reasonably tailgate, but I'll likely have a few minutes to meet after the game.

PM me.

Cystm

With Sounders in the form they've been in, I would just be whining in this thread and getting mercilessly mocked by Dartastic, and that crying timbers fan gif wouldn't even cheer me up

At least Jordan Morris seems like he'll be good by the time he pulls a Yedlin and leaves for Europe. Damn it, that doesn't help either

He should've went to Wolfsburg. He'll be here in MLS for a few seasons at least.

Dartastic

Eh, I wouldn't do too much mocking for that. Bad seasons happen, and I'd rather have us both playing well because it makes the rivalry games more exciting. I do however feel the Sounders FO is worth mocking over this: http://www.soundersfc.com/post/2016...cisions-have-impacted-seattle-sounders-season

Like, it's one things for fans and coaches to criticize the officiating, but to have the official website post an article about it? LOL.

Also, I just realized that we face the Secretary of Defense on July 4th. It's even on his scarf. We're fucked.

Cystm

There are rumors that Jurgen Klinsmann is being considered for the England job and more rumors that he is intrigued by it. Probably nothing, but Klinsmann managing England would be the most hilarious thing ever, so I hope it happens. (Not least of all because it would mean he'd be done with the US.)

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-interest-to-jurgen-klinsmann-say-sky-sources

If they go with a foreign coach, they'll have Arsene in there before Klinsmann. Neither of which is going to actually happen.

England will appoint someone like Gareth Southgate and continue to bask in their eternal self loathing. I'd like to see Big Sam in there to laugh in peoples faces when they get cynical. He's the hero they need.

Edit:

Also, I just realized that we face the Secretary of Defense on July 4th. We're fucked.

hphPQhL.png

Cystm

Cf97 and Gilberto have mutually separated. I was completely wrong on him. I mean, they are a dumpster fire, but according to reports he had to have personal training sessions separate from the rest of the team after an emotional outburst.

Nelson Rodriguez has said that he doesn't plan on having a busy summer.

So, this season is almost certainly over.

Chicago Fire!

*clap* *clap*
*clap* *clap* *clap*

New regime. Takes time. Blah, blah, blah.

Pro/Rel would be nice right about now. Better to end this in a season than drag it out like Chivas USA.

Top Bottom