• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/07/12/tfc-and-damien-perquis-mutually-agree-part-ways

Toronto FC announced Tuesday that the club and Damien Perquis have mutually agreed to terminate the defender’s contract.

“After speaking with Damien, we have agreed to allow him to pursue other opportunities,” said Toronto FC General Manager Tim Bezbatchenko. “On behalf of Toronto FC we would like to thank Damien for his contributions to the club and wish him and his family all the best in the future.”

:( He was fiery and usually quite good. Too bad, but we do have a lot of centrebacks.

Coach

Really wish some of these middle of the week MLS matches would get on national tv. Would have thought that would have gotten worked into the tv deal.

If you want to watch some NASL games and you have beIN Sports you can watch Indy v Fort Lauderdale at 7:30 and on CBS Sports Network you can watch OKC v Puerto Rico at 9pm.

Clarence Goodson is going to have back surgery on a herniated disc, so he's done for the season. :/ Hope the Quakes at least free up a roster spot if he's on IR indefinitely.

There's been a lot to complain about this season, but Cheyrou has been very, very good
I wonder if he's been captain more often than Bradley this year. Cheyrou's great.

Hamilton should be filling you TFC guys with optimism. He's been sensational.
I was just thrilled when he scored that brace vs Montreal in the Canadian Championship. Like I'd been waiting to hear his name called for scoring a goal, and I think that shot his confidence right up, because he's been on.

And Hammy's now 2nd in goals for TFC with 3 (a few others have 2).

I'm also very impressed with Jay Chapman. So cool and calm with the ball and under pressure. Academy keeps pumping out talent (aside from Babs).

zroid

Banned
I wonder if he's been captain more often than Bradley this year. Cheyrou's great.

I was just thrilled when he scored that brace vs Montreal in the Canadian Championship. Like I'd been waiting to hear his name called for scoring a goal, and I think that shot his confidence right up, because he's been on.

And Hammy's now 2nd in goals for TFC with 3 (a few others have 2).

I'm also very impressed with Jay Chapman. So cool and calm with the ball and under pressure. Academy keeps pumping out talent (aside from Babs).

By the way, Clint Irwin is a good follow :lol

d002b03f9d9540e3b44f1d66e5e8f32f.png

Cystm

Dempsey catches a red for bringing his hand down on someone while falling and this SKC scumbag just kicked Polster in the throat and gets off with a warning? Polster is just back after a concussion. Red card that moron.

Edit: Polster went down clutching his throat again after the final whistle. I despise the level of quality and lack of consistency in the refs in this league.

Dartastic

So, if Piatti gets a retroactive red for his tackle on Powell that'll be the 4th red that should have benefited the Timbers but didn't this season. UGH.

https://twitter.com/TotalMLS/status/753425332586291200

Even more irritating is that he's the one that ultimately got them their tying goal. At least the refs admitted in the post game conference that they messed up? :/

At least Dempsey isn't going to be playing on Sunday. So we have that going for us, which is nice.

- ESPNFC: Andrea Pirlo overtakes Clint Dempsey for best-selling jersey in MLS
Top 20 most popular MLS player jerseys:

1. Andrea Pirlo, New York City FC
2. Clint Dempsey, Seattle Sounders FC
3. David Villa, New York City FC
4. Jordan Morris, Seattle Sounders FC
5. Steven Gerrard, LA Galaxy
6. Kaka, Orlando City SC
7. Didier Drogba, Montreal Impact
8. Sebastian Giovinco, Toronto FC
9. Frank Lampard, New York City FC
10. Dom Dwyer, Sporting Kansas City
11. Darlington Nagbe, Portland Timbers
12. Diego Valeri, Portland Timbers
13. Giovani Dos Santos, LA Galaxy
14. Robbie Keane, LA Galaxy
15. Graham Zusi, Sporting Kansas City
16. Nat Borchers, Portland Timbers
17. Brad Evans, Seattle Sounders FC
18. Osvaldo Alonso, Seattle Sounders FC
19. Brek Shea, Orlando City SC
20. Kei Kamara, New England Revolution
More info via the link.

Meier

Mix just has never played particularly well for NYC. They overpaid him based on the fact he was a MNT player. He just doesn't fit into their squad and I don't think he'll ever be worth his contract even after Lampard, etc. leave. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Mix just has never played particularly well for NYC. They overpaid him based on the fact he was a MNT player. He just doesn't fit into their squad and I don't think he'll ever be worth his contract even after Lampard, etc. leave. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

That team had way too many central players and some good guys got very little playing time as a result. I am legitimately shocked that no MLS side wanted to pick up Poku after they parted ways, he looked legit good last season. One of the few bright spots of that side.

Mix is definitely overpaid, but he'd be a good fit for a team that needs a central attacking midfielder.

imBask

Banned
I usually don't buy named jerseys but I do kinda want to support my boy Ciman, him not being in the top 20 makes me sad

Top Bottom