• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Full All-Star gameday roster:
Complete MLS roster for the 2016 AT&T MLS All-Star Game:

Goalkeepers (2): David Bingham (San Jose Earthquakes), Andre Blake (Philadelphia Union)

Defenders (8): Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Steve Birnbaum (D.C. United), Laurent Ciman (Montreal Impact), Andrew Farrell (New England Revolution), Liam Ridgewell (Portland Timbers), Keegan Rosenberry (Philadelphia Union), Brandon Vincent (Chicago Fire), Kendall Waston (Vancouver Whitecaps FC)

Midfielders (9): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Mauro Diaz (FC Dallas), Giovani dos Santos (LA Galaxy), Jermaine Jones (Colorado Rapids), Kaká (Orlando City SC), Sacha Kljestan (New York Red Bulls), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), Andrea Pirlo (New York City FC), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC)

Forwards (7): Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Didier Drogba (Montreal Impact), Sebastian Giovinco (Toronto FC), Cyle Larin (Orlando City SC), Ignacio Piatti (Montreal Impact), David Villa (New York City FC), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

Meier

Sometimes I wonder if it's even worth wading into subreddits. I think part of the problem is a lot of the Orlando City fans are so insular in their knowledge, be it because they're fairly new to the sport and only follow the team or just only follow MLS or what, and trying to even rationally discuss something with them is not worthwhile.

Dartastic

Kwarasey is out. He's heading back to Norway.

Frankly, I'm not too surprised. Gleeson has been amazing and sending Adam back to Norway frees up an international spot and a significant amount of cap space. We need to sign another winger.

That being said, dude holds a place in Timbers legend, and he'll never have to pay for a drink in PDX again. Wish him the best of luck.

Sometimes I wonder if it's even worth wading into subreddits. I think part of the problem is a lot of the Orlando City fans are so insular in their knowledge, be it because they're fairly new to the sport and only follow the team or just only follow MLS or what, and trying to even rationally discuss something with them is not worthwhile.

Ugh right. I had a long back and forth with and Orlando fan a little while ago and they just. didn't. get. anything.

Meier

Ugh right. I had a long back and forth with and Orlando fan a little while ago and they just. didn't. get. anything.

I love how many new fans there are -- it's amazing. But some of are very hard to get through to and can't see the forest through the trees with some things. A very us against them mentality even if you're a part of the us!

Azuran

Banned
I love how many new fans there are -- it's amazing. But some of are very hard to get through to and can't see the forest through the trees with some things. A very us against them mentality even if you're a part of the us!

Don't worry a couple of years of losing seasons will humble them.

It happened to TFC fans so we can tell from experience.

Dash27

Soccer is getting much bigger it seems like. My son is 8 and it's all he plays. They actually had to turn away kids for the travel team because there were so many who showed up. Even after they extended the amount of teams.

Red Bulls do a really good job at outreach by the way once you plug into them. He's been to 3 games now, went to a free camp yesterday, is enrolled in a Red Bulls summer camp in the park right by our house. They send a lot of promotional stuff as well.

The Arena is great. No bad seats, not very expensive, parking is not terrible, fans are WAY into it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Soccer is getting much bigger it seems like. My son is 8 and it's all he plays. They actually had to turn away kids for the travel team because there were so many who showed up. Even after they extended the amount of teams.

Red Bulls do a really good job at outreach by the way once you plug into them. He's been to 3 games now, went to a free camp yesterday, is enrolled in a Red Bulls summer camp in the park right by our house. They send a lot of promotional stuff as well.

The Arena is great. No bad seats, not very expensive, parking is not terrible, fans are WAY into it.

The Red Bulls are really going all in on youth development.

Plus I love our stadium so much, it's glorious. Even the midfield seats are cheaper than they would be for other sports. I buy some for me and my dad every now and again and he loves it.

Soccer's success is inevitable for those reasons, I truly believe that

Yup. Our clubs are doing everything right, finally. It certainly took them long enough to figure it out. If we can fix up the national team program at the youth level then we could be a real force.

Dash27

Soccer's success is inevitable for those reasons, I truly believe that

Yup. Our clubs are doing everything right, finally. It certainly took them long enough to figure it out. If we can fix up the national team program at the youth level then we could be a real force.

I agree; between MLS, the huge success of the Women's US team, the progress of the Men's US team... and at least in my area a lot of people are shying away from American football... seems like lots of kids are into it. My 8 year old knows every team, every country, every club, all the players... even the flags of the countries.

Soccer is also a sport where you don't need to be particularly genetically gifted if that makes sense. It's ok if you're not 6'5 220 and shredded, you can play.

Not to mention that all you need is a ball. No need for lots of gear, pads, a hoop, ice.

Meier

I didn't follow MLS when he was at RSL and was very underwhelmed with him at NYC but it certainly seems like it's a good hire. Looking forward to seeing how things pan out.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sounds like Jozy will see some minutes in the next TFC game, still no Bradley though. Here's hoping they make the playoffs with a healthy squad so they can make a decent run.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That great news about Boyd and Green. If Boyd, Jozy and Wood stay healthy we might actually have options at target striker for once.

Top Bottom