• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Mully

So what's our end of the season starting XI gonna look like?

I think it's going to be Veron (if BWP is injured) up top with Grella and Muyl on the wings, Sacha in the CAM, Davis and Felipe as CDMs, and Lade on the right, Collin and Zubar in the middle with Kemar on the left.

I'm not sure what our bench looks like defensively.

Supposedly there are still three trialists practicing with the Red Bulls. I hope one of them is a CB and is good enough to fill in, should another back goes down.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So what's our end of the season starting XI gonna look like?

I think it's going to be Veron (if BWP is injured) up top with Grella and Muyl on the wings, Sacha in the CAM, Davis and Felipe as CDMs, and Lade on the right, Collin and Zubar in the middle with Kemar on the left.

I'm not sure what our bench looks like defensively.

Supposedly there are still three trialists practicing with the Red Bulls. I hope one of them is a CB and is good enough to fill in, should another back goes down.

Lade's out for the rest of the year. All these injuries have killed out defensive depth.

Mully

I was thinking about the 3 in the back option, but it seems like suicide. That said, it could work if Marsch leaned all in on the press, and used the extra midfielders to cut every single passing lane.

PS. This Open Cup is the reason why I love this tournament. It gives teams like New England and Chicago to win back some pride.

Cystm

In Yanks Abroad news....

Julian Green makes the Bayern Munich squad. In theory he's more of less 3rd on the depth chart behind Lewandowski and Muller if they're going to play him at striker.

Also, Matt Miazga is set to join Eintracht Frankfurt on loan, according to Sport Bild. Good move for him provided there's playing time available.

Minutes are all that matter to me. Julian isn't going to get much, but hopefully Matty can find a spot. He's a really talented back.

Signed Auston Trusty who was supposed to go to UNC to a homegrown contract.

moves on moves on moves. guess that explains why we gave away all our draft picks for next year and I am 100% okay with that.

Open Cup Final is FC Dallas v. New England Revolution

LA vs Dallas scoring:
LAG – Mike Magee (penalty kick) 101st minute
DAL – Matt Hedges (Mauro Diaz) 116
DAL – Victor Ulloa (Mauro Diaz) 120+1’

holy shit

13934903_10153908347778251_7742757507401882480_n.jpg

PL or Championship?

It seems odd Chelsea would loan to another team in their league; although it has happened on multiple occasions in the past.

PL

Miazga, 21, will also move on loan to a Premier League club but he has yet to decide between two unnamed teams, having been told he needs more experienced to feature in the heart of the Blues' defence.

The American had attracted interest from Bundesliga club Eintracht Frankfurt but they stopped short of making a bid for him after Chelsea made it clear they prefered he played football in England.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Red Bull Gaf, we're gonna melt later.

Nah dude, I'm staying home for this one. That shit is too crazy, I went to the bodega on the corner to get some ice cream and by the time I got there I was all dizzy from the heat. Shit's crazy, I salute you for going out though. I imagine there's going to be like 4 water breaks a half if this heat keeps up.

Conceding in the first minute is something you should probably expect when you start an attacking midfielder in your backline

Edit: or maybe not, Revs account on instagram had the wrong starting 11.

Top Bottom