• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Askani

NYRB II gonna take the USL Final. It was a close game until SPR imploded at the end unfortunately. Great first season though.

EDIT :::::

Jesus, 3 goals in the final 5 minutes. Brutal.

Dartastic

I'm just kinda glad the season is over for us. It was... rough, and the quoted post that I found on Stumptown Footy below perfectly encapsulates why.

Of course, everybody will have their idea of what the best 11 was. I tried to list players who couldn’t play who at least Porter would have thought at the time would have been an upgrade over who actually played. I could make this list look even worse than it is, for example by including Borchers after his injury. But here is what I came up with without looking too deeply.

v San Jose – no Klute, Ridgewell
v Orlando – no Klute, Ridgewell
v LA – no Ridgewell
v NE – no Ridgewell, Valeri
v Vancouver – no Powell
v Dallas – no Powell
v Chicago – no Powell, Nagbe
v RSL – no Powell, Nagbe
v Colorado – no Ridgewell, Valeri
v Red Bulls – no Valeri
v SKC – no Ridgewell
v DC United – no Chara
v Sounders – Adi available, didn’t start
v Dallas – no Powell, Nagbe
v Houston – no Vytas
v Colorado – Grabavoy started, Melano came on as sub
v Vancouver – no Chara, Ridgewell

So I could make an argument that our best 11 started exactly zero away matches, and our best 11 was available for selection 2 times.

When Porter talks about filling holes all season, he isn’t kidding.
Holy fucking shit.

Yikes, that's rough. Hope you guys get healthy and win some road games next year, the playoffs won't be the same this year without that atmosphere. Who'll score crazy pretty goals to knock out Dallas?

Dartastic

Yikes, that's rough. Hope you guys get healthy and win some road games next year, the playoffs won't be the same this year without that atmosphere. Who'll score crazy pretty goals to knock out Dallas?
Not Lucas Melano, I fucking hope. Ship that waste of a DP anywhere. Anywhere.

Joined up!

Joined up, doubt I'll win it unless this is the year all dreams come true.

Same dude.

#RCTIDUI

Edit: Joined the league. NYRB are my pick to win it all. However, If BWP goes down at all they are done. I don't see it going that way. BWP is fit. He, Kljestan, and the sex god are going to raise the cup.

This guy right here. :D

Dartastic

Yeah, that's bad. Wonder how that'll shake out.
I don't really have anything to say about that. Completely unacceptable, and ridiculously stupid. *sigh*
Wow, the Timbers just keep losing on the road
Yeah, the Reddit joke about that was just... savage. But fair. I guess I'll join the bracket also? Colorado over NYRB. I just think Colorado's defense is too good, and defense wins championships.

I might have an extra ticket to USA-Mexico if anyone's interested. A bunch of my friends who like soccer can't make the trip

So, I actually do have an extra ticket, because a lot of my friends can't go. Endline Section 121, Row 14. If you're interested please let me know ASAP

I also have a hotel room booked that I'm willing to split.

Cystm

I don't really have anything to say about that. Completely unacceptable, and ridiculously stupid. *sigh*

Yeah, the Reddit joke about that was just... savage. But fair. I guess I'll join the bracket also? Colorado over NYRB. I just think Colorado's defense is too good, and defense wins championships.

"Another loss on the road for the Timbers..."

jyMB6fn.png

Dartastic

That is UGLY. Someone check and see if Dart is OK.
I'm just glad people keep wanting to check in on me due to the absolute shit that has been the last week or so for the Timbers. Hah. I kind have been enjoying watching the #RCTIDUI hashtag...

Thinking of supporting Colorado for the rest of the season. I have some friends that are Colorado supporters. Although, it would be nice to see Maxi win the cup 2 years in a row. Hrm.

Top Bottom