• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

So hard to take NYC seriously with their comically small field. What's the hold up with their stadium? Can't recall if this is their long term home or not. They deserve better.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So hard to take NYC seriously with their comically small field. What's the hold up with their stadium? Can't recall if this is their long term home or not. They deserve better.

There's no room in NYC proper for a stadium, every site they've looked into so far had been previously scouted by Red Bull. If they want a stadium it'll need to be in Jersey, just North of the City, or on Long Island. The issue is they refuse to compromise at all and so long as that's the case they'll be playing out of Yankee Stadium.

Blue Lou

Jack Warner has responded to CONCACAF's lawsuit against him with one of his own for defamation against CONCACAF and US Soccer's Sunil Gulati in a personal capacity for $40m USD.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Jack Warner has responded to CONCACAF's lawsuit against him with one of his own for defamation against CONCACAF and US Soccer's Sunil Gulati in a personal capacity for $40m USD.

I don't think he understands how defamation works. He could sue if he was found innocent, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Dartastic

Guys. They released stadium renders for the proposed Providence Park expansion. It's... beautiful.

FIeld_Level_Providence_Park.0.jpg

http://www.stumptownfooty.com/2017/...-release-providence-park-expansion-renderings

Dartastic

Man, that's so nice. Too bad the location prevents major expansion.
Yeah. I'm just hoping this will let me actually be able to get season tickets under my name. The other major sad thing is that we still can't put grass down. The only reason I give a shit about that is because without grass, we won't get the USMNT here. :(

Yeah. I'm just hoping this will let me actually be able to get season tickets under my name. The other major sad thing is that we still can't put grass down. The only reason I give a shit about that is because without grass, we won't get the USMNT here. :(

We managed to get them in Seattle once, do you guys never put temp grass down? That's what we did

Icolin

Banned
Pachuca has won the 2016-17 CONCACAF Champions League. 1-0 in the second leg, 2-1 aggregate over Tigres.

Gignac did score in the last minute for Tigres, but it was (rightfully) called offside. Looking forward to seeing Omar Gonzalez and Pachuca play in the Club World Cup, although Hirving Lozano's imminent transfer will certainly lessen their chances at success IMO.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Pachuca has won the 2016-17 CONCACAF Champions League. 1-0 in the second leg, 2-1 aggregate over Tigres.

Gignac did score in the last minute for Tigres, but it was (rightfully) called offside. Looking forward to seeing Omar Gonzalez and Pachuca play in the Club World Cup, although Hirving Lozano's imminent transfer will certainly lessen their chances at success IMO.

With Brooks injured odds are Omar's going to start for the US in the next leg of qualifying. So good to hear his team is doing well.

Doug McIntyre was fired as part of the ESPN layoffs and Mike Goodman is gone, as well. Looks like Jeff Carlisle is the only remaining ESPN reporter dedicated to the USMNT beat.

Revs statement about their proposed stadium
STATEMENT FROM ROBERT AND JONATHAN KRAFT

“In 2015, we were invited to put together a stadium proposal for the former Bayside Exhibition Center site. Since then, we have invested millions of dollars and thousands of staff hours to design and structure a venue that would benefit UMass Boston, the City of Boston and serve as an asset to the surrounding communities, with an operating plan that would benefit all local constituencies. We were committed to a fully-funded, privately-financed stadium that would have totaled an investment in excess of $250 million. There was also a full-value land lease to UMass that would have provided annual payments to the university. As is the case with any development opportunity, there were numerous hurdles to overcome and we regularly adjusted our plans to cater to the needs of the project. Unfortunately, and for reasons beyond our control, it has been determined that this project is not feasible to pursue on this site at this time. It is our goal to continue to seek development opportunities where we can invest in a soccer specific stadium that will benefit its surrounding communities while giving our fans and our players a venue they will be proud to call home for generations to come.”
womp womp

Friday:
7:30 p.m.: Toronto FC vs. Houston Dynamo Direct Kick, MLS Live

Saturday:
3 p.m.: Montreal Impact vs. Vancouver Whitecaps Direct Kick, MLS Live
4 p.m.: Orlando City vs. Colorado Rapids UniMas, Univision Now, univisiondeportes.com, Univision Deportes Facebook page
7:30 p.m.: Columbus Crew vs. New York City FC Direct Kick, MLS Live
7:30 p.m.: New York Red Bulls vs. Chicago Fire Direct Kick, MLS Live
8 p.m.: FC Dallas vs. Portland Timbers Direct Kick, MLS Live
8 p.m.: Minnesota United vs. San Jose Earthquakes Direct Kick, MLS Live
8:30 p.m.: Sporting Kansas City vs. Real Salt Lake Direct Kick, MLS Live
10 p.m.: Seattle Sounders vs. New England Revolution Direct Kick, MLS Live
10:30 p.m.: Los Angeles Galaxy vs. Philadelphia Union Direct Kick, MLS Live

Sunday:
3 p.m.: Atlanta United vs. D.C. United FS1, Fox Deportes, Fox Sports Go, fuboTV, foxsoccer2go.com

Icolin

Banned
Huge three points today. Jacobson was MOTM. Scores an exceptional volley and sets up Techera's goal. GG Montreal, Tabla looks really good.

Dartastic

Hey, it's raining in Frisco and there are as many Timbers fans in the audience as Dallas fans. Advantage: us?

Seriously though, this game is gonna be a real test.

Dartastic

So, if someone told me we would go to Frisco and take a point without our best player I'd take that, but somehow this feels more like a loss. We should have put that away. We were better than Dallas.

Cystm

So, if someone told me we would go to Frisco and take a point without our best player I'd take that, but somehow this feels more like a loss. We should have put that away. We were better than Dallas.

It was a great match compared to the other great matches as well.

I would never have predicted that NE would go 3 up on Seattle IN Seattle, but it happened. I can't imagine DC would go up on ATL, either, but who knows?

USA 2017 Gold Cup Pre-Match Shirt Leaked

RBH

I'm so tired of the dumb played out thinking that "Wow, we thought Atlanta was such a bad sports town, it's shocking that people are coming out to see Atlanta United!!1!" like they're doing on FS1 now

Top Bottom