• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Very bad news about Johnson.

Paul Carr just tweeted this. Seattle a lot lower and SJ much higher than I'd expect:

clsFgiX.jpg

Cystm

East Coast dumpster battle. Chicago some how manages to come up with a goal. Too bad they could not do the same in the USOC.

Annnnnnnnnnd Philly just tied it while typing this out.

Cystm

What the fuck? I turned the game off and switched over to the Red Stars match.

I can't turn it back on, or I will jinx whatever the fuck you are talking about Sean Johnson doing!

Dartastic

Is it time to start worrying about Seattle again? Ugh. I hope we beat them in a couple weeks. I'm traveling to Seattle for PAX and being at the game and seeing the Sounders lose to the Timbers would be a great cap to the weekend.

Cystm

Is it time to start worrying about Seattle again? Ugh. I hope we beat them in a couple weeks. I'm traveling to Seattle for PAX and being at the game and seeing the Sounders lose to the Timbers would be a great cap to the weekend.

They looked really good. Oba is instantly back to being a beast.

Also, I went back and watched Sean Johnson doing his best to look like Timmy Howard in the WC. He was amazing. Wish he had a consistent team in front of him.

Fusir uploaded his amazing saves here:

http://gfycat.com/FrailGreatDuiker
http://gfycat.com/MajorDistortedGlobefish
http://gfycat.com/ImpossibleCanineHamster

So glorious and frustrating all at once.

That double save is awesome.

That seems a little more reasonable. Quakes are probably going to lose against SKC and DCU (and probably LA at home), but then they have 6 of their last 8 games at home after that stretch. Probably not doable given the injury situation and lack of goalscoring, but they might make it interesting.

xbhaskarx

Report: Sandhausen's Andrew Wooten set for USMNT call next month, say German media

German-American striker Andrew Wooten is set to be called into the US national team camp for next month's friendlies against Peru and Brazil, according to a report in German publication Bild.

Wooten has shot out of the gates in the opening weeks of the new 2.Bundesliga season, scoring a league-leading five goals for Sandhausen, who stand in a surprising fourth place with a perfect 3-0 record after three weeks of play.

GRW810

Holy shit. Although we see similar Robles heroics every week. Always rated Sean Johnson ahead of Bill Hamid, for what it's worth.

Dominant Red Bulls performance vs Toronto and we get one player in the team of the week? Please. BWP wasn't even our best player. Dax and Miazga deserve medals for bossing the game and keeping Giovinco, the MVP-elect, at bay.

Rumor this morning that Rangers in Scotland are looking to loan Zelalem for the season.

Also:
The 2015 CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship draw will take place at 9 am PT this morning and the U-23 #USMNT's #RoadtoRio will be set.

The Zardes transfer rumors are heating up. He's been linked with a Belgian club, and on top of that this morning, a few English Championship clubs were supposedly interested. Playing in England might be tough because of the work permit requirements - it's unclear if he has enough recent caps to qualify without an appeal.

Olympic Qualifying:

U.S. schedule: Oct. 1 vs. Canada (6 p.m. PT, Kansas City), Oct. 3 vs. Cuba (2 p.m., Kansas City), Oct. 6 vs. Panama (6:30 p.m., Denver).

Arials

Rumor this morning that Rangers in Scotland are looking to loan Zelalem for the season.

The Zardes transfer rumors are heating up. He's been linked with a Belgian club, and on top of that this morning, a few English Championship clubs were supposedly interested. Playing in England might be tough because of the work permit requirements - it's unclear if he has enough recent caps to qualify without an appeal.

Zardes has played 13 out of 14 US international games this year. I think he'd have a decent chance of a work permit.

Ranger's new manager has a good reputation for developing players, he's already convinced Tottenham to send a couple of England youth internationals up there.

Top Bottom