• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

xbhaskarx

7 teams between 1.56 and 1.74 points: KC, NYRB, DC, Vancouver, LA, Dallas, Portland
7 teams between 1.29 and 1.4 points: Seattle, Columbus, New England, Toronto, San Jose, Montreal, Houston
6 teams between .96 and 1.16 points: RSL, NYC, Orlando, Colorado, Chicago, Philly

Cystm

Looks like Ream turned down QPR and decided to sign with Fulham.

Awesome. Glad to have him. Bit sad to see him leave Bolton with as much of an impact that he made with the team and supporters, but FFC are going to be a good fit for him.

Chicago Fire news:​

Fans are demonstrating next match.
Saturday, August 22, 2015, at Toyota Park Chicago Fire vs. Colorado Rapids

a collaborative effort among supporters and fans will express their disappointment and discontent with the current state of Chicago Fire Soccer Club. Read on for a detailed schedule of activities and action…

There’s not much to say that hasn’t been said about the existing incompetence and failures of Chicago’s once proud, fearless, and winning club. The sale of Chicago Fire to Andrew Hauptman in 2007 began a downward spiral that is well-known and well-documented. Now, we’ve reached the nadir. It’s time for fans to show their discontent through peaceful, civil action.

Edit:

Sean Maloney wants out. To be traded to Hull City.

Orrin Schwarz
‏@Orrin_Schwarz

Yallop confirms Maloney transfer to #hcafc all but done #cf97

cf97 can't sign anyone to replace Maloney until off season.

Please just sell the team. Fuck.

Edit2: - Daily Herald: Fire's Maloney to exit after all

xbhaskarx

Forbes:
Major League Soccer's Most Valuable Teams 2015

1. Seattle Sounders - $245 million
  2. LA Galaxy - $240 million
  3. Houston Dynamo - $200 million
  4. Portland Timbers - $185 million
  5. Toronto FC - $175 million
  6. Sporting Kansas City - $165 million
  7. Chicago Fire - $160 million
  8. New England Revolution - $158 million
  9. FC Dallas - $146 million
  10. San Jose Earthquakes - $145 million
  11. Philadelphia Union - $145 million
  12. New York Red Bulls - $144 million
  13. DC United - $140 million
  14. Montreal Impact - $128 millions
  15. Vancouver Whitecaps - $125 million
  16. Columbus Crew - $112 million
  17. Real Salt Lake - $108 million
  18. Colorado Rapids - $105 million

The exchange rate is currently 1 dollar = 0.88 Euro...

Outside of the top six, MLS isn't that far off from the rest of the Premier League
thank you pro/rel
... link
CM7KBiZWEAEawbS.jpg
14 teams with a total valuation of 2.47 billion Euros, versus 18 teams with a total valuation of 2.8 billion dollars...

If MLS values keep going up by ~50% every two years, and they keep adding teams that will likely have high valuations like NYC, Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Minnesota...

Osorio

Lack of pro/rel helps but so does having one or two teams max per large metropolitan area.

Meanwhile, the EPL teams are helped by massive international fanbases.

We'll catch up soon enough.

xbhaskarx

Lack of pro/rel definitely helps. That's why the top soccer teams are some of the most valuable in the world, while the bottom teams aren't worth nearly as much as the least valuable teams in the big American sports leagues.

NFL top three:
Dallas 3.2 billion
New England 2.6 billion
Washington 2.4 billion

NFL bottom three:
Detroit 960 million
Buffalo 935 million
St Louis 930 million

that's like 3:1, whereas the EPL it's like 10:1

xbhaskarx

Also, the top MLS teams are catching up to (and even passing) the bottom NHL teams:

link

24. Nashville $250 million
25. St Louis $235 million
26. Tampa Bay $230 million
27. Arizona $225 million
28. Carolina $220 million
29. Columbus $200 million
30. Florida $190 million

xbhaskarx

La Liga chief backs Rayo Vallecano's proposed NASL investment
La Liga president Javier Tebas has welcomed a move by Rayo Vallecano to purchase proposed North American Soccer League expansion franchise Oklahoma City FC.

Although nothing has yet been publicly confirmed, widespread reports in Spain have said that Rayo are to buy a majority of shares in the projected Sooner State franchise, and become the first La Liga club to have a controlling interest in a U.S.-based soccer team.

Oklahoma City FC as well as a proposed franchise in Virginia had been announced as planned expansion teams by the NASL in 2015. Oklahoma City, however, has been locked in ownership and rights debates with the city's United Soccer League franchise, Oklahoma Energy, since 2013, according to reports.

Rayo's ownership proposal was greeted with surprise in Spain, as the Madrid-based club have been plagued by financial issues through recent decades. However Tebas said the move into what he called a "strategic market" would prove beneficial. He said he hoped other Spanish clubs followed the example.

"I like what Rayo is doing because it will benefit La Liga," Tebas said. "That the Spanish clubs move themselves to buy franchises in strategic markets, like the U.S. and China, is very good for the league, and will help us to grow."

Osorio

I'm a fan of Rayo and I find this extremely odd.

However, as it's the first time in their history that they've managed five consecutive Primera Division appearances, their finances are probably better than ever and are hoping to expand their brand.

They're actual a very special team so I wouldn't doubt their brand could be branched out to other markets. However, when I think of Rayo's ideaologies and character Oklahoma City is the furthest thing that comes to mind in terms of synergy.

Regardless, I wish them well, Rayo is the best.

xbhaskarx

Mexico name Ricardo 'Tuca' Ferretti as interim coach for Confederations Cup playoff vs. USMNT
Mexico have their coach for the all-important 2017 Confederations Cup playoff against the United States, but it remains to be seen who will lead El Tri after October.

Mexican Football Federation (FMF) president Decio de Maria confirmed to ESPN Deportes that veteran Liga MX coach Ricardo "Tuca" Ferretti will take charge of the Mexican national team on an interim basis for a pair of September friendlies matches in the United States against Trinidad & Tobago and Argentina. He'll also coach the team in the playoff against the USMNT at the Rose Bowl on Oct. 10.

"It will be up to four games," De Maria told ESPN, while leaving open the possibility that Ferretti could lead the team on a more permanent basis depending on the outcome of those fall games.

Ferretti, age 61, will continue in his capacity as manager of Liga MX side Tigres UANL, splitting his time between club and country.
Imagine how many coaches Mexico would go through if Freddy Adu was on the team...

GRW810

Forbes:
Major League Soccer's Most Valuable Teams 2015

1. Seattle Sounders - $245 million
  2. LA Galaxy - $240 million
  3. Houston Dynamo - $200 million
  4. Portland Timbers - $185 million
  5. Toronto FC - $175 million
  6. Sporting Kansas City - $165 million
  7. Chicago Fire - $160 million
  8. New England Revolution - $158 million
  9. FC Dallas - $146 million
  10. San Jose Earthquakes - $145 million
  11. Philadelphia Union - $145 million
  12. New York Red Bulls - $144 million
  13. DC United - $140 million
  14. Montreal Impact - $128 millions
  15. Vancouver Whitecaps - $125 million
  16. Columbus Crew - $112 million
  17. Real Salt Lake - $108 million
  18. Colorado Rapids - $105 million
The Red Bulls are 12th? What?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think, as someone said, the lack of stadium and shirt sponsor income greatly skews these figures.

EDIT: That someone was you.

That too, but the team has also decided to spend as little money as possible on the team going forward. I'm a little shocked we ever got a second DP. I hope they give Dax that core spot, he deserves it.

GRW810

That too, but the team has also decided to spend as little money as possible on the team going forward. I'm a little shocked we ever got a second DP. I hope they give Dax that core spot, he deserves it.
Veron does look good though. Very excited that he's going to add something new and different for this run in.

GRW810

Oh he really does, I'm just shocked they were willing to spend the money.
Maybe they weren't lying when they said they were holding out for the right type of player. Still would have gone for Gerrard though. His experience in a young team, holding the MF alongside Dax, would've been great.

I don't expect a third DP signing but an upgrade for one of the current roster. Wasn't Sacha technically a DP but for allocation money? What happens to him next year? Then there's Dax and Miazga.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Maybe they weren't lying when they said they were holding out for the right type of player. Still would have gone for Gerrard though. His experience in a young team, holding the MF alongside Dax, would've been great.

I don't expect a third DP signing but an upgrade for one of the current roster. Wasn't Sacha technically a DP but for allocation money? What happens to him next year? Then there's Dax and Miazga.

I don't think Sacha's performance has been enough to justify the bump, Dax for sure though. He needs to be the national team's holding midfielder going forward.

I can see why we didn't go for Gerrard, he might not have been able to handle playing the press for the full 90. I do wish we had someone of that level next to Dax though, shit would be bonkers.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Two goals off the bench for Jozy

against 9 men

Hey, if that's what it takes to get his confidence back and get him back into form I doubt anyone will complain. Funnily enough, even with the Gold Cup, his injury and all this shit, he can still make 15 or so goals by the end of the season if he keeps getting better.

Azuran

Banned
We scored 11 goals against Orlando this season. Single handedly fixing our GD lol

No team should ever allow that to happen.

Omg guys I'm so happy, greatest thing I've been to. I'm on the streetcar right now so I'll post more later tonight. Also I think I was in the TV shot for every goal, since I was first row behind the net. Orlando is my favourite whipping boy, sorry Meier.

xbhaskarx

Denver Broncos are 1.450 Billion

Colorado Avalanche 360 million

Denver Nuggets 855 million

After doing the research, the Rapids being the least valuable team here is no surprise to me.
What... it shouldn't surprise you because every MLS team is less valuable than every NFL / MLB / NBA / NHL team in their market. MLS is 20 years old and nowjere near as big as those other US leagues.

Top Bottom