• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
open_letter_to_Nintendo_fans_amiibo_it_prints_money-660x330.png

LOL, already feeling so foolish :)

Just got secondary followup emails for my TRU order on 2/3 of my orders. Dang, these don't ship until May 29th?

Edit: Just got the third. Hopefully should be getting three Greninjas if someone has an extra Ness to trade.

rizzo0

Dammit amazon.de will only ship me green yoshi and not the other 2 colors...DAMMM..It says they wont ship to me in the US. How the hell will they ship me lame boring green yoshi and not the others any ideas?!

Samaritan

Dammit amazon.de will only ship me green yoshi and not the other 2 colors...DAMMM..It says they wont ship to me in the US. How the hell will they ship me lame boring green yoshi and not the others any ideas?!

Wait wait, now they're saying they can only ship green Yoshi to the States now?! It was pink earlier!

Would sweat it too much. I "bought" Robin and Lucina right when they went up and I still haven't gotten a conformation. A lot of people are apparently having the same problem.

That's just stupid of toys r us, ain't nobody else buying anything on the site now lol, they should easily post conformations for orders now

Amazon should announce a time so I can see amazon crash for the first time ever :p

Cynn

I think a lot of people enjoy the adventure of getting rare Amiibos a lot more than they do playing with them. I suspect Nintendo knows this as well.

-Horizon-

It's the other way around for me, pink is the only one that can ship outside EU.

I want with all my heart that the Splatoon amiibo sell loads. They look so damn cool and detailed and squid.

Oh me too, especially the game!!! At E3 last year, those guys were so cute, fun and excited about the game they created. Gotta love it. Day one for us, but am scare to get excited about them amiibos though... hehe

I think a lot of people enjoy the adventure of getting rare Amiibos a lot more than they do playing with them. I suspect Nintendo knows this as well.

Pretty much , look at the commercials for amiibos
All commons x no rares

Nintendo knows what they are doing , we are under their control :p

rizzo0

Alright boys all yoshi amiibos are gone. Today has been such a shitty day for amiibo hunting. If i ever see, Reggie, Miyamoto, or Iwata..I'm gonna dropkick the shit outta them. Good night.

Koppai

Well thank god I went on Amazon.de and bought him. Now to just wait to go to Toys R Us and get a preorder card for Greninja.

You have got to be kidding me. I just got up at 4 am. I went to bed at 1 and they literally managed to shove the pre orders into that wedge of time I was sleeping? I frigging HATE TRU. They did this exact same thing to me with Lucario!

Welp. I have a Ness to trade to anyone who can secure me a Greninja. Also, if you'd burn down the TRU after you get said Greninja I'd appreciate it. :mad:

Anime

Neo Member

Of course, this debacle was all intentional doesnt anyone here find it odd that Wave 3 pre orders were aviable for weeks and Wave 4 in its entirety cant even last a couple of hours?

We should keep in mind that

1. Nintendo is a company that strongly dislikes over manufacturing stock to prevent excess store inventory they produce the bare minimum if even that.

2.This scheme is all intentional you honestly think Nintendo isnt aware of the hype and demand surrounding this stuff?Not everyone was meant to get these, it creates hysteria when it becomes difficult to obtain thier product so when you do have the chance of purchasing the item its sort of like an accomplishment and other people become compelled to buy because of how sought after it is.

Amiibo would die if they actually made enough to please everyone they do this on purpose to keep people who would otherwise uninterested stuck in the game.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Even the Yarnmiibo are sold out on Amazon DE? Nothing is sacred.

Rootbeer

Banned
You have got to be kidding me. I just got up at 4 am. I went to bed at 1 and they literally managed to shove the pre orders into that wedge of time I was sleeping? I frigging HATE TRU. They did this exact same thing to me with Lucario!

Welp. I have a Ness to trade to anyone who can secure me a Greninja. Also, if you'd burn down the TRU after you get said Greninja I'd appreciate it. :mad:

I was up for over 24 hours yesterday... woke up way earlier than the widely quoted 4am statistic and still missed it...

Just have to accept that I'll never own them all, it's not in the cards. I have a career I'm trying to focus on, I can't do everything at once.

I hate it but my hands are forced, it's not a choice

I really wish stores with exclusives would just say how many they have for sale online x in store

Let us know so we can plan our sleepness nights

I can't fall asleep :(

CKD5989

Anyone who bought 2 Greninja's get their confirmation email for both? I picked up two on separate orders but have only received confirmation on the first.

Edit: Just confirmation on the second! :)

AdanVC

They sold out at Gamestop before Ness loool

That's a good sign!!

Same here..... as long as I can get mine.

But yeah hope it's doesn't become a nightmare to get them :c

Oh me too, especially the game!!! At E3 last year, those guys were so cute, fun and excited about the game they created. Gotta love it. Day one for us, but am scare to get excited about them amiibos though... hehe

The gaameeeee. I'm crossing fingers the game sells well. So glad Nintendo is pushing this new IP a lot. It's going to be big I'm sure :D

I was up for over 24 hours yesterday... woke up way earlier than the widely quoted 4am statistic and still missed it...

Just have to accept that I'll never own them all, it's not in the cards. I have a career I'm trying to focus on, I can't do everything at once.

I hate it but my hands are forced, it's not a choice

I can't even go hunting for them at stores as TRU is the one store not near me. I don't want them all. Just Greninja. Well to reiterate, I'll trade a Ness for a Greninja.

I'm just going to wait on Amazon and Walmart for Lucina and Robin. Hopefully in next few days, they will have preorders up. Other wise can only hope Nintendo will include them along side Marth. After that, its sol :(

careksims

Yeah it's weird. I got something about temp suspension on Greninja but none for my Lucina/Robin order. They both show up in recent orders and shows nothing wrong with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom