• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm done. I waited 2 hours a GS today and had to leave because of work. After work i went home picked up my stuff and drove to my sisters house and gave my complete collection (minus all the stuff these past couple of days) to her. This wave was harder to get than gold mario.

The dudes line were talking about camping out to get Amiibos and it hit me....I'm to old for this.

Owari

Is it too late to request a Line invite? I would love to just be woken up or alerted whenever Amazon decides to throw them up.

Rootbeer

Banned
I have the worst luck today. Was registering for amiami when they closed the pre-orders.

it seems you can still pre-order the single figures (boy, girl, squid)

just not the 3-pack, orders closed on it... for now. it will probably go in and out randomly, happens on their site a lot. dunno how often or in what frequency

69wpm

it seems you can still pre-order the single figures (boy, girl, squid)

just not the 3-pack, orders closed on it... for now. it will probably go in and out randomly, happens on their site a lot. dunno how often or in what frequency

Yep, but I'll probably just wait for them to open the pre-order again.

it's not much but if you want a japese retailer they currently are taking pre-orders for splatoon amiibos

SPLATOON ONLY AS I WRITE THIS

http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list?s_keywords=amiibo&submit=Search&pagemax=40

The Splatoon 3-pack is gone but they sell the Squid as a separate amiibo rather than buying the pack. I guess that "exclusive to 3-pack" crap is a NA thing. I just ordered the 3 Splatoon (which were still up for preorder). The final cost was a bit more but worth it since I'm getting the Squid amiibo.

I've ordered via amiami multiple time and they're great. Don't hesitate to order if you need to, guys.

EDIT: The separate Squid is gone. That was fast.

VICI0US

welp, great. so the 7-9AM EST for TRU pre-orders was a lie. missed the entire wave again.

this is after missing the 5 minute best buy pre-order window and waiting an hour and a half yesterday at gamestop and having the whole wave bundles sell out before our area could process a single pre-order

ubiblu

EB Games Australia sold out of all Wave 5 but Dr Mario and both Splatoon Kids within 24 hours. They have advised that more stock may go online on Tuesday, or to just preorder in-store. I managed to snag all but ZSS and Ganondorf.

vazel

Banned

Rootbeer

Banned
grats for ordering... just please be aware cancelling on amiami is bad, you could get banned from using them.

so make sure you are committed!

*edit* splatoon girl pre-order also closed... only boy left

SaviourMK2

Missed the chance for Greninja, but I'm not too worried. I'm sure he'll pop up a few more times before the release date. I'll be going to TRU to see about preorder cards, since I prefer doing it this way with this store.

Grats to all who were able to get him and the others!

Yeah he'll pop up when they start cancelling people's pre-orders

Anime

Neo Member
EB Games Australia sold out of all Wave 5 but Dr Mario and both Splatoon Kids within 24 hours. They have advised that more stock may go online on Tuesday, or to just preorder in-store. I managed to snag all but ZSS and Ganondorf.

Cant wait for the debacle that will be Wave 5 here in North America , by then i wouldnt be suprised if most of our amiibo hunters opt out of the game entirely.

Damn, Greninja is gone!!??
Hopefully they'll have some cards in the store like they did with Lucario. I was always very skeptical about that process, but I did end up with a Lucario, so I guess it works!

Rootbeer

Banned
How were normal people with normal sleep schedules on the east coast supposed to get greninja? This is absurd.

they weren't... that is very clearly a sign of the problem

if they cared about normal people they would stagger the pre-orders, or limit them more, or do SOMETHING

it's clearly not the case

RootCause

Damn, Greninja is gone!!??
Hopefully they'll have some cards in the store like they did with Lucario. I was always very skeptical about that process, but I did end up with a Lucario, so I guess it works!
Same here. I'm paranoid someone is going to grab all the cards.

Tanukid

Dang, I guess I didn't have a chance with Greninja from the start. Having to go to sleep for work to afford these things is a double edged sword. |<

Maitiú

I'm so glad that I resolved on April 1 not to bother getting any of wave 4 other than possibly Pacman. I'd be so tired otherwise. It would be nice if retailers with exclusives rationed out the preorders like Walmart did, giving people like a dozen chances at all different times of the day over the course of over a week.

Zombine

Banned
I truthfully feel bad for all of the kids who can't get any of these things. When push comes to shove they aren't collectors pieces for grown men and women, but they are objects that have physical applications for titles and are toys for children to enjoy.

Wiat, brick and mortar Toys R Us is taking preorders? Or just .com?

And watch it start when I'm doing my workout (start in like ten minutes, lasts thirty).

How do these cards work? Is it like a pre-order?

They have cards sitting in the video game section. You take one up to the counter and give them $1 and they take your email. That's it. It seems very sketchy (to me anyway), but they give you a receipt and the card. Once you get the email on release day, take the receipt and the card to the store, pay the rest, and get your amiibo.

I though it was sketchy because they would not take more than $1 (I wanted to pay for the whole thing) and they only took my e-mail. No phone number... not even my name! But, on release day, I got an email, walked into the store, and walked out with Lucario.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Nintendo shoulders some blame for this, but I think retailers are handling this poorly as well.

At this point I think I'd be happier if Nintendo just had their own retail site and sold them all through there, allowing them to manage buyer limitations and put up preorders in waves.

However, that would be fan-friendly, and we all know how good Nintendo seems to be at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom