• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koppai

Nintendo fucking sucks. Toys R us sucks wven more. And I hope that rep gets kicked out..

Gonna go to Toys R Us and try to get a fucking preorder card. Goodnight....cant really sleep though.

I haven't bought into the amiibo craze and the only one I own is a custom painted Mega Man I won in a Smash Tourney, but I just wanted to stop by and say that this thread title is hilarious.

Glad to see some e-mails going out. I got Lucina and Robin though. Anyone order them and get a conformation yet? I'm only seeing Greninja so far.

If anyone got an extra Greninja they are willing to sell please PM me

Also if you are going in store to preorder Greninja today and you could grab an extra that is good too!

Okay so slept through an earlier release of Greninja then was expected, do we even know if they are doing reserves in store or not?

Hmmmm since I can't sleep I'll see if club Nintendo isn't broken and get donkey Kong tropical freeze

Semi related

This may sound stupid but anyone trading their copy of super smash brothers Wii u ? I just traded mine for bloodborne and need a copy now

I've got amiibos for trade :3

Rootbeer

Banned
Okay so slept through an earlier release of Greninja then was expected, do we even know if they are doing reserves in store or not?
i've been trying to get clarity on this...

read that it is online pre-order only

you can't go into your store and order one later this morning? anyone know for sure?

goldenpp72

So greninja is already sold out? Geeze I thought it wasn't going up for awhile.. Will there still be in store preorders or is that it?

Welcome aboard!

Thanks! After the nonsense of today I don't even care about amiibo anymore honestly haha. Nintendo is obviously trying to pimp their fans at this point with the Gold Mario variant and the fact that they are ignoring the facebook comments on their facebook page.

vazel

Banned
I got my first amiibo, toon link. He was on clearance. He's ok, I guess. Just kind of sits there. Maybe I'll pick another one up if it's on sale :)
I wish I could be a part of the world that considers amiibos to be just 'ok, I guess'. I've gotten every amiibo I wanted so far but I've still gone through so much anxiety over these things.

Man I believed that rep and set an alarm for 6, doesn't feel good waking up to Greninja being sold out. I hope you can preorder Greninja in stores...

Bluth54

Man I believed that rep and set an alarm for 6, doesn't feel good waking up to Greninja being sold out. I hope you can preorder Greninja in stores...

I know the feeling, I work third shift and believed gamestop when they said they were going to do online preorders yesterday at 2 so I set my alarm and got up, only to find out it was in store only. I hate it when companies do things like this.

Animekatt

Missed the chance for Greninja, but I'm not too worried. I'm sure he'll pop up a few more times before the release date. I'll be going to TRU to see about preorder cards, since I prefer doing it this way with this store.

Grats to all who were able to get him and the others!

ChaosXVI

Fuck! I thought they were expected to go up at TRU right about now? Ugh! Why at 2:30 in the morning!? How is that even realistic?!

Okay so no idea if Toyrus stores are even doing in store reserves... god what a cluster fuck of shit this wave has been.

So I was at work dealing with the BS that was Gamestops god awful servers who else was preordering yesterday?

I know Target did Jigglypuff, any idea if they will be preordering the rest of the wave?
I herd best buy sold out can anyone confirm?
What about Amazon? Did they sell out already or just haven't been put up yet?
Does Walmart normally preorder them?

Honestly this shit is banana's I'll prob. try toys r us but I think I'm done at this point, I'm sick of all of this bullshit because Nintendo wanted to create artificial demand, I'm tired of stressing out over getting some god damn toys. I need to make a video on this later, we deserve better.

I believed that I could sleep in waiting for Greninja because Polygon said preorders are up from 7-9am EST. Cool, lemme go to bed and I'll be up before 6. Check TRU's site for kicks, Greninja is gone and so are the rest (minus PacMan which I didn't order since the market will be flooded).

I don't know guys. My morale is low since I haven't been able to secure ANY of the Wave 4 orders on any site (including the foreign ones) and missed out on all the exclusives. It would be great if these orders were up for more than a couple of minutes then maybe I'd have a chance. Sigh...

My current collection is complete, owning all released amiibo but this sold out in minutes nonsense is draining me. I don't care how expensive it is to manufacture certain amiibo, Nintendo should have more for the market since, I don't know, they can afford it!

Amazon hasn't opened their orders yet. If I cannot secure the orders via Amazon, I'll seriously consider leaving the amiibo game. It's just too stressful.

GAMERG0D

Okay so no idea if Toyrus stores are even doing in store reserves... god what a cluster fuck of shit this wave has been.

So I was at work dealing with the BS that was Gamestops god awful servers who else was preordering yesterday?

I know Target did Jigglypuff, any idea if they will be preordering the rest of the wave?
I herd best buy sold out can anyone confirm?
What about Amazon? Did they sell out already or just haven't been put up yet?
Does Walmart normally preorder them?

Honestly this shit is banana's I'll prob. try toys r us but I think I'm done at this point, I'm sick of all of this bullshit because Nintendo wanted to create artificial demand, I'm tired of stressing out over getting some god damn toys. I need to make a video on this later, we deserve better.
Best Buy went up around 1:30 PM ET yesterday and sold out fairly quickly. Amazon put pages up yesterday but no option to order has ever appeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom