• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrStiles

I'm glad I didn't wake up early to be disappointed by Toys R Us. Man this whole situation is madness. Maybe Jiggly and Greninja will show up again, but I doubt it...

Rootbeer

Banned
It's just hilarious how many countless pokemon toys you can find on shelves and online, a great many of them look just as good or better than these amiibo (no weird pee stands, etc.), yet the ones with the little NFC stand are the ones selling out T__T it's all just plastic... nintendo pls just produce more ffs

So glad I got mine day 1 :/

At least many of us can say we have complete OG wave 1 sets? That's gotta mean something when we're all like 70 talking about our Amiibo adventures.

When the amiibo launched back in November, Marth was gone. I bought my Marth NIB on ebay for $23. I'm assuming the amiibo craze, being new, wasn't a thing so I didn't have to pay $70+ for mine. Still more than MSRP but not much more.

Zombine

Banned
I'm glad I didn't wake up early to be disappointed by Toys R Us. Man this whole situation is madness. Maybe Jiggly and Greninja will show up again, but I doubt it...

If you have a Target near you I would try to pick one up on day 1. Locally, they had about 40 Roselina at each store and you could have gotten one until about 3-5pm that evening.

But lol my local Best Buy? Forget it. They didn't have a single extra Meta Knight.

bluehat9

I have him! I'm thinking more about the people who are hopeful for the figure.
Yeah that was just trinen's line "stay in the loop" and look how its working for this wave. Were supposed to think it will get better for a restock of a character nintendo already released which will probably have less stock than most of this wave? The loop means nothing, lol.

MrDaravon

Once again people with lives who have to sleep at normal times get fucked. Still sticking with Amazon or nothing this wave, and if it's nothing I think I'm out. I'll keep a few and sell the rest. This should be getting better, not getting worse with each wave Nintendo.

If you have a Target near you I would try to pick one up on day 1. Locally, they had about 40 at each store and you could have gotten one until about 3-5pm that evening.

This kind of stuff is EXTREMELY YMMV. My local target had two dozen people waiting outside before opening, Rosalina was sold out before they even opened -_-. They did have online orders for her up for a while that morning though, like 30-45 minutes IIRC.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
I just don't understand why Nintendo has decided to underproduced these things to this point. The last waves were easy to get, are there that many more scalpels this wave?

Lonnie413

What are the chances the preorder cards are in today's shipment?
Decent, we never get lists of what are in the shipments but they come in bags. I figure they'd get overnighted or something. Going to call the boss at like 9 to see if anything has changed

Now I feel bad, I forget about the kids in all this. At least there's a good supply of the most popular characters. And as for playing with the games, I think Nintendo should make more compatibility. The current compatibility just seems like cool little bonuses for having the figure. As a kid I don't think I'd have felt the need to buy more characters because they don't really do much, at least compared to the Skylanders / Disney Infinity games.

It's much more appealing this way, to me anyways. Instead of the Skylanders / Disney way where those figures are only useful in that specific game series, having neat 'little' bonuses spread out across a wide range of games increases the chances of Amiibo content you'd actually enjoy being made for that figure, and the figure becomes more valuable to you over time. On the other hand the Amiibo content being small bonuses decreases the frustration of those who don't have those figures for whatever reason.

I actually think that in the case of Splatoon (speculating based on what they've shown), and to a lesser degree Hyrule Warriors (specifically the stuff you get for having a Link figure), the content unlocked is TOO significant.

I'm glad that I only want Ness out of this wave. My girlfriend is the one who wanted a lot from this wave but having gotten her a Lucina and Robin preorder, the two that she wanted the most, she's not too bothered missing anything else.

This is crazy... These retailers are handling the amiibos in an inconvenient manner.

DryvBy

My friend is furious at me that I didn't call him at 3am when Greninja were showing on sale.

I dunno. I'd be kinda made if you called me on a work morning to tell me anything was on sale.

CorvoSol

So TRU is having a Buy 1 Get 1 40% off sale on their paltry Amiibo offerings and I decided to check it out.

Not only did I get my confirmation e-mail immediately, the order tracker updated immediately.

So I'm assuming that this is the final nail in the TRU order attempt I made earlier today.

Holy shit how fucking bad is this when you try to grab an Amiibo and it is literally sold out as you are buying it.

Rootbeer

Banned
i don't understand how you guys are even seeing the blue add to cart button

i have only ever seen gray i've tried an insane # of reloads

Geedorah

It literally says in bold red text "Preorders sold out."

Where? Where are you seeing that??

lrV9T5X.png

bumpkin

...and there's already some on eBay. I hope TRU cancels them like they did with the Lucarios the first time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom