• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

lumber

I wish this would just resolve so I could go back to sleep. Having it in my cart but unable to check out is a situation I can't leave right now, though. Ugh.
FWIW, Lucina and Robin have been in my cart since 3:10 EST and I still can't check out.

I think I can do salty--

I'm actually vacationing in Japan as all of this is going down. Given I'm not about to sit around in my hotel room on a slow ass public connection in the hope of my cart timing out at ass o'clock in the morning, I think I'm finally going to relegate to trading all the extra rares I've obtained to any fellow gaffers for these remaining wave 4s, then bowing out. I literally missed every opportunity this far to obtain any before they were simply gone. I would say Nintendo has truly fucked this up beyond compare and has really taken any joy out of collecting these characters, and in that sense, deserve any financial hardships that befall them from here on out.

Here, here!

I have a complete collection of Wave 1-3 as well as the Super Mario series including the Gold Mario. It is so disheartening collecting these things and I'm on the verge of quitting. I've secured a couple preorders for future releases but cannot get any of Wave 4. The communication and supply on demand on Nintendo's part is truly aggravating and completely unacceptable. I've been lucky so far with my collection but my patience with this can only go so far. I'm still in this thing, for now.

Ehh, got my hopes up for a minute; had all of them in my cart at ToysRUs and received the same error as everyone else. Was at work in meetings through the pre-orders yesterday, was asleep for the 3 am wave, and now I have to start getting ready for a dentist appointment. Wave 4 is not looking good, and it's getting too frustrating to try and keep at this.

georly

Here, here!

I have a complete collection of Wave 1-3 as well as the Super Mario series including the Gold Mario. It is so disheartening collecting these things and I'm on the verge of quitting. I've secured a couple preorders for future releases but cannot get any of Wave 4. The communication and supply on demand on Nintendo's part is truly aggravating and completely unacceptable. I've been lucky so far with my collection but my patience with this can only go so far. I'm still in this thing, for now.

Same here. Have all the wave 1-3, plus gold mario... and now I feel like quitting, after getting so far. What's the point of getting the rest if there will just be holes in the collection?

I'm referring to the incident that was recent.

Going back up for a second or two? Like 20 minutes ago.

Lunarian

Neo Member
I really wish I could order these from Japan or Europe for under $25.00 but I feel like EU already sold out or something? And Japan hasn't had preorders for any of these as of yet?

LiK

if i am unable to obtain all of Wave 4 esp the FEA guys for a fair price, i'm out as well. Just gonna sell everything I have and call it a day. I can't stand how hard it is to buy some of these figures. I've had easier times with LE figures from overseas!

Rootbeer

Banned
if i am unable to obtain all of Wave 4 esp the FEA guys for a fair price, i'm out as well. Just gonna sell everything I have and call it a day. I can't stand how hard it is to buy some of these figures. I've had easier times with LE figures from overseas!

nintendo has no justification for making them so rare given their size. larger more coveted figures like hot toys can be for pre-order for weeks or months. they are incredibly valuable and grow in value over time. but they are also expensive to produce.

amiibo cost nintendo fuck all to produce, and are small requiring little material. yet they barely make enough to fulfill 7 mins of pre-orders or 30 mins on another site?

DryvBy

I'm not even trying to collect them all. I simply just want Pokmeon characters and the Ness. I might just sell everything if I'm unable to complete the Pokemon set.

ChaosXVI

All we can do is hope that this extra time has been spent in producing a lot more figures to have available in stores, but preorder amounts are the same as before...

...I mean...it's possible?...:(

georly

Yup, makes me want to quit entirely. I'm going to keep what I have just in case nintendo re-releases some of them by the end of this year/next year, but it's making me want to quit trying to get ones I want.

At this point, my 'victory' condition is no longer 'get them all' but rather 'Get all the zelda ones.' Hopefully Ganondorf is common. It *WAS* going to be 'get original 12' if this wave was tough... but uh... jigglypuff.

Fucking agreed, I'm so sick of this. I was so worried about it I lost sleep over it and STILL missed out on Tru so much bullshit.

Boogiepop

Ugh, whatever. Customer service chat couldn't do anything for me and could only provide a guest services phone number. Not worth calling I'm assuming, so I guess I'm just going back to sleep and hoping this'll somehow be better when I wake up or something, or that I'm at least not screwing myself by doing this. Can't deal with this crap any more right now.

nintendo has no justification for making them so rare given their size. larger more coveted figures like hot toys can be for pre-order for weeks or months. they are incredibly valuable and grow in value over time. but they are also expensive to produce.

amiibo cost nintendo fuck all to produce, and are small requiring little material. yet they barely make enough to fulfill 7 mins of pre-orders or 30 mins on another site?

Even with the sites forcing a 1 or 2 limit rule on these things they're still damn near impossible to preorder. Do I have to be on the freaking assembly line to get a hold of these things?!

Lunarian

Neo Member
Does anyone believe Nintendo might supply the demand with the success of this wave? I mean...They want money right? Am I wrong?

ChaosXVI

I'm so close to just calling it quits...if it weren't for me succeeding in snagging a Ness from Gamestop yesterday I think I would've given up entirely...

...But they gave me just a bit of success...so now I'm still in...also those damn Yarn Yoshi amiibos are just too cute to be able to ignore down the line.

Crom

Just like last time there were exclusives... TRU and Target are the absolute worst.

Yep. As much as people bash Wal-Mart....they actually handled their online exclusive much better than Target and Toys R Us. They put it up multiple times and not 3 in the morning

Zombine

Banned
There is no way I would ever pay $45 for the Lucina Amiibo when the Figma costs a little less. Scalpers can go on somewhere.

:/ I feel really bad for you guys. Honestly I'm worried about getting my orders cancelled since I checked out as a guest, but here's hoping it goes through.

LiK

I'm so close to just calling it quits...if it weren't for me succeeding in snagging a Ness from Gamestop yesterday I think I would've given up entirely...

...But they gave me just a bit of success...so now I'm still in...also those damn Yarn Yoshi amiibos are just too cute to be able to ignore down the line.

thankfully, the Yarn Yoshis won't be rare since he's one of the core characters that Nintendo deems popular so they'll probably keep making those. i'll be buying the game bundle.

ChaosXVI

Just imagine how bad this situation would be if the Wii U was as successful a console as the Wii?

Blood would fucking flow for these things...like legitimately. There would be fights in stores because I bet Nintendo would make the same amount they are making now.

Lunarian

Neo Member
Did Target ever do a PA about Jigglypuff being sold out? Are they going to open up preorders again this morning, maybe?

My shopping cart is not going through. I give up on getting them online.. Going to bed. I'll be up at launch day early to test my luck.

Awwww man, I came in here hoping there would be some tips for a new starters to start a collection but after reading these posts, what's the point.

I like holes in my swiss cheese but not my collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom