• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geedorah

I was able to get so close...

pNCwTj2.png

rjinaz

Got to love amiibo. Get up at 430 am to preorder. Already sold out hours ago. Wonderful.

Now they sit in my cart mocking me, Come on TRU

georly

Amiibo are still a nightmare. It'd be nice if once a wave sold out, we knew they'd make more... but....

;_; Nintendo killing my dreams here.

SaviourMK2

Lucinia and Robin are in my cart, I was stopped as soon as I hit checkout with paypal.

i'm not leaving this page or removing them

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
I managed to get every other amiibo yesterday so I'm not going to complain now about losing out on Greninja. I'll get him. I've got everyone else, I ain't backing down now...

So was this just a glitch or did anyone actually get anything ordered?

Might have been a glitch. I was one that page from the moment the Preorder Now button was live (not adding to cart) too only being able to have Greninja in my cart and the rest gone. For whatever reason, it won't checkout.

EDIT: Or not, the preorder page was probably live for all of a couple minutes only working for about 10 seconds. The window of opportunity was amazingly low.

I got Greninja, but i havent received an email. :/

Dunno if this is helpful at all, but almost immediately after I ordered earlier I received an email from paypal and an 'order acknowledgement' email from TRU. I later received an 'order confirmation' email and another email about the pre-order.

ideavruku.png

bumpkin

Maybe we'll get lucky -- if that's what you want to call it -- and they'll do an eBay listing like they did with Lucario. That's how I got mine.

Gartooth

to have it in your cart and not be able to checkout is so painful

it was for sale on the japanese site amiami earlier, sold out in minutes

Really not good to hear, but at least it didn't show up at the middle of the night on Amazon. stupidToysRUsgrumble

Sushigod7

I think I can do salty--

I'm actually vacationing in Japan as all of this is going down. Given I'm not about to sit around in my hotel room on a slow ass public connection in the hope of my cart timing out at ass o'clock in the morning, I think I'm finally going to relegate to trading all the extra rares I've obtained to any fellow gaffers for these remaining wave 4s, then bowing out. I literally missed every opportunity this far to obtain any before they were simply gone. I would say Nintendo has truly fucked this up beyond compare and has really taken any joy out of collecting these characters, and in that sense, deserve any financial hardships that befall them from here on out.

At least your in Japan being disappointed lol! I agree with you though.

Boogiepop

I wish this would just resolve so I could go back to sleep. Having it in my cart but unable to check out is a situation I can't leave right now, though. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom