• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

georly

I feel better now that I made this.

y08cbZa.jpg

Humor does great things.

Hamazing

Good things come to those who are able to F5 all day.

I laughed at that pic up there about toys r us being in your sleep... So TRU. But then I cried again. Going to the store in an hour and hope to get him.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Whoa, wtf happened with the standalone Mario at Target? Before it opened, each store showed about 12 on hand, with about 16 stores in the general area.

I was driving to work then I stopped by Target at 8:15 and they had two left. Figured they didn't put out the other 10 I saw in stock.

I just checked and all 16 stores are cleaned out. WTF. I guess people came in that 15 minutes and wiped them clean. Left me with the extremely bent ones too and figuring I'd exchange them later. Oh well.

it's ... it's just Mario. What the heck?

Crom

Good things come to those who are able to F5 all day.

I laughed at that pic up there about toys r us being in your sleep... So TRU. But then I cried again. Going to the store in an hour and hope to get him.

I am sure no one wants or needs to hear this but I am on the toilet F5ing. That is how bad it has gotten

mindsale

Bought a Lucina and Robin pre-sale from a Japanese supplier, spent $88. I swear, Ganondorf and Zero Suit Samus will be my last. Oh, and Greninja. And Falcon, that's my last. And those Yarn Yoshis, those are my last, for real this time.

Pyrokai

Got to TRU and it's raining. A line of about 6 people outside. Guy came out to tell us they are not doing pre-sales in store and they don't know if they will be at all. He told us early so we wouldn't be waiting in the rain.

Just thought I'd share.

crimnos

Got to TRU and it's raining. A line of about 6 people outside. Guy came out to tell us they are not doing pre-sales in store and they don't know if they will be at all. He told us early so we wouldn't be waiting in the rain.

Just thought I'd share.

Nice of the guy, but man, that sucks. TRU upping their shitty amiibo handling game.

Man, this thread title is so perfect. Whoever thought that up is a genius. I'm usually up at 3am but I went to bed early because of that stupid info, and I sure am salty about it.

But as someone who cares way too much about these things... some people here are maybe a little too worked up.

Let's all take a breath and remember a few things:

1) Its not over yet. No amiibo has gone up for preorder only once ever.

2) they're just dumb toys, not actually anything that matters on any real consequential level

3) it is highly unlikely that polygon lied to you, if anything the TRU rep did and they were probably mixed up. They're a super mega huge retail store that sells millions of toys every day, amiibo are not a priority for them.

4) factories do not magically produce figures on demand. There are levels to this process that none of us even have a glimpse of, and its a machine that takes months of scheduling and coordination between Nintendo, manufacturers, factories, retailers. There are a lot of moving pieces to coordinate between, and none of them are swift.

5) waifus aren't real :3

hwy_61

Banned

Just thought I'd share.

Oh god that's so sad.

I didn't go to toys r us because I'm so irrated at this whole thing but my part timer and my manager did (we work at GS) and same deal as someone else stated manager came out, took down names and numbers in case it changed but said they weren't doing in store reserves.

At least they didn't make people wait much better then what I dealt with when I tried to get Lucario.

Parshias7

I find it hard to believe that this is specifically a NoA problem. (but hey, gotta hate of Reggie!) We have the data from Nintendo's last investor meeting that 2/3rds of the amiibo sales are coming from North America. That not only tells us that the demand is much high in NA, but also that the supply is much higher there as well. We are seriously at the point where every single amiibo could be sent to North America and it still wouldn't be enough, so I can't exactly shit on NoA because they haven't supplied the continent with literally every figurine manufactured.

I was willing to cut Nintendo (as a whole) some slack for earlier shortages because they probably weren't expecting amiibo to be as popular as it ended up being, and then Waves 2 and 3 were probably ordered print runs before any of this fervor happened, but Jesus Christ its been almost six months now this should have been plenty of time for Nintendo to figure out they need to triple their output.

^ they know, Nintendo of America is doing this on purpose , it's actually "easier" than a game / system cause it's only $13.99
They know

Just thought I'd share.

Saved me a trip, bummer

Been a while, Amiibros. How are we doing? After being in for Waves 1-3, I've resigned to only getting a few select characters from here on out. Got Ness after waiting an hour and a half for Gamestop's servers to come back up. This TRU and Target nonsense just has me shaking my head. Those two retailers have given me the most trouble besides Gamestop themselves, who failed to fulfill my preorders for Ike and DeDeDe - both in-store and WIS. Still holding out hope for the Spring/Summer restocks.

Spoke with a rep about my order and he said

"The status of your order is "Backordered" which means we are waiting for new inventory to complete your purchase. If we do not receive more Greninja amiibo within 30 days your order will be cancelled and we will not charge your payment method."

No indication what so ever on my account saying it's backordered so this might be the case for a lot of people.

Crom

Man, this thread title is so perfect. Whoever thought that up is a genius. I'm usually up at 3am but I went to bed early because of that stupid info, and I sure am salty about it.

But as someone who cares way too much about these things... some people here are maybe a little too worked up.

Let's all take a breath and remember a few things:

1) Its not over yet. No amiibo has gone up for preorder only once ever.

2) they're just dumb toys, not actually anything that matters on any real consequential level

3) it is highly unlikely that polygon lied to you, if anything the TRU rep did and they were probably mixed up. They're a super mega huge retail store that sells millions of toys every day, amiibo are not a priority for them.

4) factories do not magically produce figures on demand. There are levels to this process that none of us even have a glimpse of, and its a machine that takes months of scheduling and coordination between Nintendo, manufacturers, factories, retailers. There are a lot of moving pieces to coordinate between, and none of them are swift.

5) waifus aren't real :3

Very true. I don't let it get to me. I spend way too much time on these things but it is fine.

I was just hoping to get everything early so I didn't have to keep searching and F5ing everyday (like Wave 3)

I missed out on all 3 store exclusives but will keep trying. If I can't get them I will have to make some trades and work on building a little bit more of a trade pool

crimnos

Anybody have direct links to Robin and Lucina on Amazon, by any chance? Getting tired of refreshing and getting Link over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom