• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Okay so I stopped paying attention around 6 EDT last night, and I don't have time to read the 40 pages that have been made since. So, what happened with the Ness amiibo? Did gamestop.com ever put it up for sale?

Never went online.
Sold out in store.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Got my Greninja confirmation e-mails and all that, but it's still not showing up in "my orders", anyone else having this problem?

Same boat - I looked up some reports from others on past waves and they had similar issues with TRU specifically, where they never got any order on the page, but it went through fine.
Drive me nuts not knowing though.

backlot

Got my Greninja confirmation e-mails and all that, but it's still not showing up in "my orders", anyone else having this problem?

Yeah. I don't have an account on Toys R Us but when I search the order number from my confirmation e-mail I get an error saying they can't locate the order.

LegendX48

Ever bet all your money on red or black in roulette only to have it land on 0? Probably this only instead of just money you're betting your spare time, sick days, vacation time, and personal life.
O_O Damn

All I want is Lucina and Amazon is my only hope

Comet

Mixed up? What happened?

I clicked on Greninja this morning, saw the Pre order button and click on that, go ahead and order and voila! I get a confirmation email saying I just order a Pokemon 3-Pack Greninja set thing, totally different. I spoke with TRU and they admit there was a mix up but don't know how it happened and I'm not getting a Greninja from that order.

ash321

I clicked on Greninja this morning, saw the Pre order button and click on that, go ahead and order and voila! I get a confirmation email saying I just order a Pokemon 3-Pack Greninja set thing, totally different. I spoke with TRU and they admit there was a mix up but don't know how it happened and I'm not getting a Greninja from that order.
Oh wow. That's suck.

Pissed at Nintendo, pissed at TRU, pissed at being human and having to sleep, pissed at the world. How about you?

and seriously to the people that keeping telling others to back off Nintendo. Jesus, it's a company, we're not hurting their feelings even if they aren't to blame (which they are). Let people feel how they want.

I'm with you, bud. I got around to watching the Nintendo Direct last night and it pissed me off when Trinen said, "Make sure you don't miss out on your second chance to get Marth." Like, they're well aware that this next batch will sell out in minutes and are just playing into it! "Don't miss out! hehehehe"

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Should have been up at 3am, other were able to get him online just fine.

Edit: Sorry, just super salty right now.

I know right lol I wish i was up at that time. I even set an alarm for 4 am.

edit: Well, there will be other opportunities hope. *shrugs

crimnos

I'm with you, bud. I got around to watching the Nintendo Direct last night and it pissed me off when Trinen said, "Make sure you don't miss out on your second chance to get Marth." Like, they're well aware that this next batch will sell out in minutes and are just playing into it! "Don't miss out! hehehehe"

Yeah, this plus a rep telling someone they could find a preorder on "auction sites" makes me think they know what they're doing.

TheGrue

Heavy heart reading this thread. I secured pre-orders for all of Wave 4, though still need to get Splatoon 3-Pack (I don't count this as Wave 4 since it's not SSB). I just wish everyone in this thread that wants a figure could get it. I happened to be very lucky and even though I set an alarm for 5 AM Mountain to get Greninja, I woke up out of nowhere at 1 AM and got one.

Nintendo really has botched this whole thing and it's a shame as I love their products and their characters.

Same boat - I looked up some reports from others on past waves and they had similar issues with TRU specifically, where they never got any order on the page, but it went through fine.
Drive me nuts not knowing though.

Yeah. I don't have an account on Toys R Us but when I search the order number from my confirmation e-mail I get an error saying they can't locate the order.

Yeah, what's weird is I can actually track mine when I'm signed out as a guest, but only when I copy and paste the order number from my initial order acknowledgement e-mail. Even though the numbers in the two e-mails are the same, the one in the second e-mail doesn't work... I need more sleep. :(

skaflone721

Neo Member
No keep it please. I will trade you for it. What would you want in return? PM me please

Haha, what a waste. I did cancel it, but the other amiibos are still on their way. Damn. I just didn't want to drive to the nearest TRU which was like 30 miles away. Was trying to avoid that and was even willing to give up on Greninja. Lol, oh well.

kirby_fox

Banned
Heavy heart reading this thread. I secured pre-orders for all of Wave 4, though still need to get Splatoon 3-Pack (I don't count this as Wave 4 since it's not SSB). I just wish everyone in this thread that wants a figure could get it. I happened to be very lucky and even though I set an alarm for 5 AM Mountain to get Greninja, I woke up out of nowhere at 1 AM and got one.

Nintendo really has botched this whole thing and it's a shame as I love their products and their characters.

This whole thing has gone from "Preorders should last for hours, good luck!" to "Preorders last for minutes, fuck you!"

You gotta be lucky like Jason here.

Anyone have any idea when Amazon is going up?

Nobody knows. Amazon is probably terrified after what happened with GameStop and the reaction NoA and the retailers are getting to this debacle.

So ZERO people have got Greninja at TRU in-store this morning so far? Not liking those odds.

A number of TRU employees in-store are saying there won't be in-store pre-orders - online wiped them all out.

TheGrue

I would rather miss out on a figure than pay a scalper.

Yeah, I understand. I hope it never comes to it. Actually, I guess I have options in getting them internationally, so could do that before a scalper. I open them, so I don't care which box. My goal is to make it out of this never having paid more than MSRP in the U.S.

Anyone else think that the Splatoon amiibos will be a huge rip-off?

As far as the amount of content you get out of them for the price. I can't see any games besides Splatoon itself using them for anything, and the content itself doesn't seem like it'll be worth $35 in the slightest.

I feel similarly about Toad after trying out the 'content' he unlocks in Captain Toad.

Thoraxes

If it all comes down to it, i'll take a work vacation, fly my ass to Japan, and buy Greninja and Jigglypuff.

As far as the amount of content you get out of them for the price. I can't see any games besides Splatoon itself using them for anything, and the content itself doesn't seem like it'll be worth $35 in the slightest.

I don't really care about the content, I just like how they look.

MADGAME

Nobody knows. Amazon is probably terrified after what happened with GameStop and the reaction NoA and the retailers are getting to this debacle.

Claiming Amazon is "terrified" is silly. They will get a certain stock number per Amiibo, list them, then close them out like they always do.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Here's a little riddle for everyone on this fine morning:

How was Take Two able to sell 11 million copies of GTAV on launch day alone?

They shipped more than two copies to each store

Here's another:

How was Take Two able go on to sell over 45 million copies of GTAV to date?

They shipped more than two copies lifetime to each store

TheGrue

I think the figures are cute, so I'm okay with it. I'm not buying them for the content, just for the figures. The content is a bonus and I do use it, but not the main draw.

Zombine

Banned
Here's a little riddle for everyone on this fine morning:

How was Take Two able to sell 11 million copies of GTAV on launch day alone?

They shipped more than two copies to each store

Here's another:

How was Take Two able go on to sell over 45 million copies of GTAV to date?

They shipped more than two copies lifetime to each store

Ayyyyy lmao

ash321

You could say the same for the pokemon series amiibo. That being said, Nintendo can easily patch in some Splatoon costume for Mario Kart.

Mitsurux

Between, all of the hoops..

Crazy Pre-order situation
Retailer exclusives
Limited Stock
Scalpers
Mysterious release dates

I'm just about to the point of being done with trying to get them all.... not really feeling like importing the next wave...

despite really wanting to buy them... I've grown tired of the hunt..

anyone else in this boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom