• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to TRU and it's raining. A line of about 6 people outside. Guy came out to tell us they are not doing pre-sales in store and they don't know if they will be at all. He told us early so we wouldn't be waiting in the rain.

Just thought I'd share.
The twist was that guy then went behind a dumpster, changed out of his fake TRU employee uniform and then casually walked inside and bought all the Greninjas.

rjinaz

Been a while, Amiibros. How are we doing? After being in for Waves 1-3, I've resigned to only getting a few select characters from here on out. Got Ness after waiting an hour and a half for Gamestop's servers to come back up. This TRU and Target nonsense just has me shaking my head. Those two retailers have given me the most trouble besides Gamestop themselves, who failed to fulfill my preorders for Ike and DeDeDe - both in-store and WIS. Still holding out hope for the Spring/Summer restocks.

Pissed at Nintendo, pissed at TRU, pissed at being human and having to sleep, pissed at the world. How about you?

and seriously to the people that keeping telling others to back off Nintendo. Jesus, it's a company, we're not hurting their feelings even if they aren't to blame (which they are). Let people feel how they want.

crimnos

Spoke with a rep about my order and he said

"The status of your order is "Backordered" which means we are waiting for new inventory to complete your purchase. If we do not receive more Greninja amiibo within 30 days your order will be cancelled and we will not charge your payment method."

No indication what so ever on my account saying it's backordered so this might be the case for a lot of people.

I wouldn't worry yet. This was the case with my Wave 3 TRU pre-orders and I ended up getting them all, even with the botched cancellation.

Zombine

Banned
Nintendo has loads of stock in Europe and Japan, yet America doesn't have enough? NoA has a problem and they need to address it soon, or else a lot of fans are just going to give up.

It has to do with marketing. NOA is subscribed to the idea that artificial shortages lead to more sales, but what they are doing is creating a market for resale which they will see $0 from instead of $12.99.

Crom

The twist was that guy then went behind a dumpster, changed out of his fake TRU employee uniform and then casually walked inside and bought all the Greninjas.

Hahaha. Damn. He would make it in the Scalper Hall of Fame with that move for sure. That would be evil.

MK_768

Nintendo has loads of stock in Europe and Japan, yet America doesn't have enough? NoA has a problem and they need to address it soon, or else a lot of fans are just going to give up.

For what it's worth, people said that in December. Here we are in April and people are still going crazy for these things.

Regardless, yes NoA has a problem. It's not just the port strikes.

I didn't realize the Ness preorders had opened up until about an hour after they did. Is it worth trying in-store at this point?

Really just wanted him, Wario, and Pac-Man. Man Mewtwo is going to be a nightmare eventually.

skaflone721

Neo Member
Anyone know if you are allowed to return items from an order with free shipping at a TRU store without penalty?

I ordered Greninja, but I had to pick up a bunch of commons to get free shipping. Can I return the rest like next week and walk away with a $14 Greninja? Will it affect the preorder?

Zombine

Banned
What are the odds that Amazon puts them up later today?

Ever bet all your money on red or black in roulette only to have it land on 0? Probably this only instead of just money you're betting your spare time, sick days, vacation time, and personal life.

Sushigod7

I didn't realize the Ness preorders had opened up until about an hour after they did. Is it worth trying in-store at this point?

Really just wanted him, Wario, and Pac-Man. Man Mewtwo is going to be a nightmare eventually.

Its confirmed sold out in stores so wait for online if that even happens or look to import.

Are the Amazon "Alert Me" sign ups even worth it? Or should I just rely on a third party tool? I've never even received one of those emails. Gotta get that Lucina.

rjinaz

Are the Amazon "Alert Me" sign ups even worth it? Or should I just rely on a third party tool? I've never even received one of those emails. Gotta get that Lucina.

Use a 3rd party tool like check 4 change.

Those alerts are worthless. By the time you get it, the amiibo will likely be gone.

e1b30d56b4.png

:(

crimnos

Looking back through old emails, I ordered Little Mac and Zelda from Amazon the moment they went up, and that was 1:51 on a Sunday. Same with the Super Mario amiibos, and that was 5:25 PM on a Wednesday.

Conclusion? Who the hell knows, I guess. :/ Afternoon?

Yikes, looks like I missed a bloodbath last night / this morning. I basically checked out yesterday evening when it became clear I wouldn't be securing any NA preorders.

Luckily, I preordered the original Wave 4 six from Amazon UK. No clue whether these will be honored, though. Anyone have any experience to share?

In any case, even if those six are fulfilled, Jigglypuff and Greninja are going to be an uphill battle. Here's to hoping we can snag one off of one of the overseas Amazons at some point...

Taxman

Okay so I stopped paying attention around 6 EDT last night, and I don't have time to read the 40 pages that have been made since. So, what happened with the Ness amiibo? Did gamestop.com ever put it up for sale?

I was at Toys R Us last night and the girl told me they had the preorder cards in the back. I came this morning and they said they didn't get any and don't know if they're getting any... :/

Lum1n3s

Okay so I stopped paying attention around 6 EDT last night, and I don't have time to read the 40 pages that have been made since. So, what happened with the Ness amiibo? Did gamestop.com ever put it up for sale?
No, all their pre-orders took up their entire stock so nothing went up. Vice versa for TRU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom