• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I'm actively emailing the stores and Nintendo asking how someone is supposed to get this product when they have a normal sleep cycle, a regular job and no time to sit on a computer hitting F5 every 5 seconds.

I'm sure it'll do very little, but it sure makes me feel better. #MakeMoreAmiibo

I feel the way you do. I have sent a couple emails to them. First one was regarding these bundles Japan, UK and Europe seems to always get and we don't. Whether or not it does anything, I feel its better to bring it to their attention then not say anything at all. I'm already getting hypertension with all this salt. Lol

Ulysses 31

Secured pre-orders for everything except that pink yarn yoshi amiibo. >.>

Ain't seen no Greninja & JigglyPuff amiibo for pre-order anywhere in EU though.

rjinaz

saw this on reddit. So I guess it's time to stop refreshing Gamestop. Wave 4 is dead Jim.
1NTHHUv.jpg

mstevens

0-all so far this wave. Help me Amazon-kinobi, you're my only hope.

(Honestly don't really care anymore, if I get lucky - great, if not - I'm not going to lose sleep over it. This is more of a comedy of errors than a tragedy)

Thoraxes

Is there anywhere left one can import amiibos from?

Amazon UK, DE, and FR.

Though I heard they are blocking purchases of specific amiibos from there depending on your destination country now, I think... I can't verify it because I haven't had it happen to me. I have the core-6 of wave 4 all pre-ordered from UK.

Retailer exclusives. I just don't know what else to say.
It's not a retailer exclusive issue. It's that the retailer is not being given enough stock to meet demand. Gamestop I'm sure would happily sell many more if Nintendo would give them the allocations.

crimnos

Retailer exclusives are not the problem. Retailer exclusives, if done right, are fine. But this is not an instance when it's done right.

They are kind of the problem, though, because this one instance of not doing it right now means that we're essentially shut out of the only avenue of getting this. Where one retailer out of many might have handled it correctly, we have one who assuredly screwed things up, and no other recourse but scalpers and eBay.

Well yesterday went okay for me. But my Amiibo luck finally ran out. Prior to this I got lucky on all figures and and secured preorders (even for Rosalina and Shulk). Hell I even found extra Macs, Pits, Falcons, Ikes, Dededes, and others for friends and fellow GAF members. That changed yesterday.

It started with Jigglypuff. I was in class with laptop open and full site loaded, logged in, and payment ready. Also had Target app on phone and mobile page. I got the Line App notification when it first went up and none of the 3 methods was able to secure me that pink bastard before he was gone in 6 minutes.

Next, thanks to Reddit I knew Best Buy was coming and I was excited for my GCU discount. Being nervous about Lucina and Robin I got them in my cart and checked out quick, knowing they would be removed if I wasted even a second. I then went back and got Charizard, Wario, and Pac-Man. Yay! Then 5 minutes later I noticed I didnt have a confirmation email. I had forgot to hit confirm order on the checkout page for my second order. This isnt the first time I have done this with Best Buy, I feel there is one too many steps there I guess. So no problem these are suppose to be common so I go back and Wario and Charizard are gone! It wasn't suppose to be this way. So I only got Pac which meant the way I did it I had to pay for 2 shipping charges for the 3 I got (I am not even attempting to alter the orders).

I was in class till 6pm so all I could do was sit back and watch the chaos that was Gamestop Ness preorder process. I had no chance to secure one and while I feel that was BS at least I didnt wait in line for over an hour to get nothing.

Then I was woke up at 315am EST by Diggeh on Line (Thanks! Diggs) for the Toys R Us preorders. I got Greninja and Charizard. Wario was sold out again lol (are you serious?)

Can't believe this is real. Good luck to all. I now know how the other side feels and it is not good. I dont have JigglyPuff nor Ness. I guess I will have to trade my extra boxed Gold Mario I wanted to keep for one and then I will have to pay for the other or maybe camp at Target on 5/29.

It could have been worse but it could have been way better. sigh

edit:joggly to jiggly ha

crimnos

It's not a retailer exclusive issue. It's that the retailer is not being given enough stock to meet demand. Gamestop I'm sure would happily sell many more if Nintendo would give them the allocations.

I'm not saying Nintendo is free of blame here, but like I said, Gamestop DID screw this up, and that screw-up becomes magnified when they're the only game in town.

What does "never walk a sale" mean? Don't rush the customer?

If they don't have an item in-stock in the store, find a store that does have or use web-in-store to have the item shipped from the warehouse to the customer..

Basically, don't let that person leave without making the sale if at all possible.

VinFTW

3am est for greninja?

My fiance is gonna be distraught. After I told her I was out she wanted to stay in JUST for greninja...

But she has to get up at 5am for work. Real awesome Nintendo, you never cease to amaze me.

rjinaz

Retailer exclusives are not the problem. Retailer exclusives, if done right, are fine. But this is not an instance when it's done right.

they are a problem as far as I'm concerned. Missed your chance at Ness because they sold out fast or too damn early in the morning? No problem, there are several other retailers to try your luck at .Exclusives tie everything down to one company so how they handle things determines whether people will ultimately get one or not opposed to having chances elsewhere.

Sure if demand is low and amiibo are plentiful it might work, but it's like Nintendo can't figure out amiibo while I can do it just fine. Saw this coming a mile away.

I'm not saying Nintendo is free of blame here, but like I said, Gamestop DID screw this up, and that screw-up becomes magnified when they're the only game in town.
But ultimately they limited it to one per customer (from what I understand) and they sold their allocation. It was inconvenient for people, but I don't think was inherently unfair with a bunch of people buying 100 each or something. Outside of having a lottery system or something, I'm not sure what they can do. If they advertise a time they go on sale, the system crashes and people will complain. If they don't, people will complain they didn't have a chance. I don't think there a way for Gamestop or their customers to win here, and that's on Nintendo for woefully undersupplying.
hey are a problem as far as I'm concerned. Missed your chance at Ness becuse they sold out fast or too damn early in the morning.
But this wouldn't be a problem with decent supply. Gamestop has the ability to sell tons more and would gladly.

Zombine

Banned
3am est for greninja?

My fiance is gonna be distraught. After I told her I was out she wanted to stay in JUST for greninja...

But she has to get up at 5am for work. Real awesome Nintendo, you never cease to amaze me.

How nice is your couch? I hope it's comfortable. :/

Jomjom

Banned
Welp, I'm done with this crap. Guess I'm gonna sell of this stupid crap and just keep the Yoshi I gave my wife.

Yup same here. Gonna stick to Disney infinity from now on. Always did like those better and you never have to wake up at random ass times to buy them. Also no stupid under stocked retailer exclusives.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Anybody snag an extra greninja looking to sell it for $40?

:/ About all I got w/ nothing to trade

If my order goes through as intended I will have two. I only want one to keep and would happily take 40 for the other. I'm just worried about toys r us being toys r us.

crimnos

But ultimately they limited it to one per customer (from what I understand) and they sold their allocation. It was inconvenient for people, but I don't think was inherently unfair with a bunch of people buying 100 each or something. Outside of having a lottery system or something, I'm not sure what they can do. If they advertise a time they go on sale, the system crashes and people will complain. If they don't, people will complain they didn't have a chance. I don't think there a way for Gamestop or their customers to win here, and that's on Nintendo for woefully undersupplying.

But this wouldn't be a problem with decent supply. Gamestop has the ability to sell tons more and would gladly.

I respectfully disagree. It's fine that they decided to limit it to one per customer, but there were a few major gaffes in that their twitter explicitly promised online sales only to have that option pulled with no notification to the public (the most I saw was some rumor about it not being available online any longer) and that a lot of us just can't take time off of work with less than a day's notice.

As for the online issue, Amazon seems to manage just fine, and as I understand it, Gamestop does way more video game volume.

I mean, I can afford to import/pay a scalper (begrudgingly), so I'm not that upset about the whole thing, but you have to admit this was handled poorly. Even that email that was posted above pretty much admits it, albeit internally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom