• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Don't work there, but I can't imagine a random Thurs afternoon with no major release is one of their busier times.

If anything, probably drove business to their stores as people lined up or heard about the lines on Twitter and FB and had to go for themselves

This is correct. It drove people to my store, where they could browse while we got the store up and getting their Amiibos orders. We had a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale, A Buy 2 Get 2 free figure sale (preowned Skylanders) and have Mortal Kombat X, and Xenoblade 3DS coming up.

So many ways to get additional sales while waiting on Amiibos, its stupid. These things did exactly what they are supposed to. Drive business.

I find the silliness around these things absolutely stupid. It's not the product themselves, but the people enthralled by their hyper-consumerism that amuses me. Grown men and women (I don't get kids coming in for these things!) acting like fools over these toys.

It's making me money though so I can't complain! =)

The Finest Brew

Neo Member
Aaaaaand, back to sold out, though Nowinstock is still showing as Preorders are up? This is weird, but it happened a lot to me when I was trying to get a MM3DS XL too, so maybe it's just wrong.

Fink

I got one in my cart but I'm getting this issue:
Screen%20Shot%202015-04-03%20at%2012.45.39%20PM_zpskmrico7w.png

I can't pick a store... so idk what happened here lol.

EDIT: Oops everyone else's problem lol

Rocky

Banned
Nowinstock just gave me a notice that Greninja came back up at TRU's website, but it doesn't add to the cart when I try to do so. It definitely shows up as preorder availible though!

I was able to get it in my cart, but still getting the error about selecting a store for pickup. So now I have both Greninja and Lucina in my cart but can't check out.

Somnid

As someone who deals with ecommerce sites it's been enlightening to see exactly how each of these sites breaks and get a look into the black box powering them.

//ARCANUM

so i decided not to join the insanity this morning, how much of a clustercuss was the greninja drop and what else did i miss today?

Shauni

Something just occurred to me - won't Wave 7 be around Black Friday, if it stays the course with the other waves' release dates?

I kind of doubt there will be a Wave 7, since all we have left is Falco, ROB, Game & Watch, and Duck Hunt. Well, I guess there's also the DLC characters, depending on how many we get I suppose the could get their own wave.

Unless you meant Wave 6 there, in which case, yeah, November is likely. Unless the Super Mario Line is November and Wave 6 is October.

Geedorah

As someone who deals with ecommerce sites it's been enlightening to see exactly how each of these sites breaks and get a look into the black box powering them.

Just got done talking to TRU support - they were INSISTENT that the only reason that I could have possibly seen the stock notification 20min ago (and get the item in my cart no less...) was due to my cookies.

Yeah, that's right, cookies on my side. Sure.

I kind of doubt there will be a Wave 7, since all we have left is Falco, ROB, Game & Watch, and Duck Hunt. Well, I guess there's also the DLC characters, depending on how many we get I suppose the could get their own wave.

Unless you meant Wave 6 there, in which case, yeah, November is likely. Unless the Super Mario Line is November and Wave 6 is October.

Wave 6 is in September with Olimar, ZSS, Bowser Jr., Ganondorf and Dr. Mario.

Just got done talking to TRU support - they were INSISTENT that the only reason that I could have possibly seen the stock notification 20min ago (and get the item in my cart no less...) was due to my cookies.

tell them your diabetic

Fink

After going this far, I'd be surprised if they didn't release them. I really want a Duck Hunt amiibo. It's the last Smash character I care about after Greninja and Jigglypuff.

I just sold a Rosalina amiibo for $45 on Ebay; it sold in 5 minutes. I'm not helping the situation.

Please note that I sold my first two to Gafers at cost and was going to do the same for the third, but he didn't need it.

Somnid

Odd to think nearly all of these retailers were once powered by Amazon and how Amazon is on a completely different level.

rjinaz

Odd to think nearly all of these retailers were once powered by Amazon and how Amazon is on a completely different level.

The ease of use of Amazon puts almost every other retail website to shame. They really are on a different level.

georly

He called me the F-word. You know, the one that bigots use, so yea. Blocked him.

Yeah, I saw that he called you that, which is why I blocked him, too :/

Yet he, someone who has the twitter profile of a Pokemon, is the one who has been trolling people in that tweet's replys for the last 45 minutes.

Didn't reply, but anyone who gets off self-righteously insulting others isn't worth seeing on twitter.

I like how he is angry that people are boycotting Nintendo over toys when Nintendo is a...video game company, lol.

But that's all I'll say about it. Will report him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom