• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't get Greninja staying up last night but I did get my Pink Wool Yoshi at least!

Doing a trade for Greninja instead. Ditto Gigglypuff.

So I've got Wave 4 and Splatoon preordered except for Greninja and Gigglypuff who I am trading for.

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
Friend of mine just swung into a tru and was told they think they will get more stock next week on preorders. "Check every morning"

Not optimal, but any news to drive out the anger this morning. Sodium is justifiably at an all time high.

I didn't get Greninja staying up last night but I did get my Pink Wool Yoshi at least!

Doing a trade for Greninja instead. Ditto Gigglypuff.

So I've got Wave 4 and Splatoon preordered except for Greninja and Gigglypuff who I am trading for.

The wool yoshi's went up for preorder?

Penguin

Oh yes. I'm sure GameStop and Target are just FURIOUS with Nintendo right now. Driving customers to their websites and their stores. They must be absolutely full of ANGER that these things sold out in one day. So upset that people will continue to come into their stores, visit their websites and call for updates on these products.

So MAD!

Damn that unwarranted foot traffic!

Oh yes. I'm sure GameStop and Target are just FURIOUS with Nintendo right now. Driving customers to their websites and their stores. They must be absolutely full of ANGER that these things sold out in one day. So upset that people will continue to come into their stores, visit their websites and call for updates on these products.

So MAD!

GameStop employees are pissed at both Nintendo and Corporate because of the shit show that was yesterday. My store got 1 preorder done for 4 of us and by the time it came to get the second all of the Amiibo anyone wanted was sold out and the rest of the line left

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Damn that unwarranted foot traffic!

Paul Raines is in his office right now, on his knees in defeat. "Damn you Nintendo! Damn you all to hell!"

GameStop employees are pissed at both Nintendo and Corporate because of the sit show that was yesterday. My store got 1 preorder done for 4 of us and by the time it came to get the second all of the Amiibo anyone wanted was sold out and the rest of the line left

Most GameStop employees can't see the forest for the trees. As a manager, I was happy. It drove traffic into my store which was having a Buy 2 Get 1 free sale. People came for Amiibos and I ended up making a ton of profit off my those games sales. And I sold some Amiibos.

It was mission accomplished. Full stop. It will continue to be.

Just because some dimwitted GameStop workers couldn't see the point and was ANGRY about doing their jobs, doesn't mean a damn thing.

Dominator

I'm really pissed I could have had a Greninja but Amazon had to charge me for a Prime an hour before he went up. The frustration I experienced was real lol but thank the heavens for this:

273D63B4-C391-47F1-AC0E-C4863A687C1F_zpsbc2yalwj.png

Jiggly and Greninja will be mine at some point.

Fox Mulder

So MAD!

i wonder how much money gamestop lost yesterday due to their entire website being down, lines clogging up stores for over an hour, and being unable to take preorders for anything else.

Geedorah

Just got a change notification for TRU... nothing real yet, but that might be a sign of things to come? Maybe?
please...

CH4OS

What is with this stuff going up at like 3AM anyway?!

Do these monsters make their web designers work at these ungodly hours?
Or is this some sick joke by the web designers to set these to go up in the wee hours of the night??

Either way, somebody hates us.
And my bet is on Nintendo.

Zombine

Banned
What is with this stuff going up at like 3AM anyway?!

Do these monsters make their web designers work at these ungodly hours?
Or is this some sick joke by the web designers to set these to go up in the wee hours of the night??

Either way, somebody hates us.
And my bet is on Nintendo.

Just like when I do social media posts, I'm sure that they have a timer associated to the posting of the product. It's why when you see pricing errors it takes hours to correct them.

Nobody is at work.

LostAnkh

Is that the quote you want on your Tombstone? There's a chance they might not even go live today.
Sorry, I'm just a little annoyed at all this. I haven't gotten into the online pre-order mess everyone else has with the other waves, outside of Gamestop.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
i wonder how much money gamestop lost yesterday due to their entire website being down, lines clogging up stores for over an hour, and being unable to take preorders for anything else.

I can't speak for GameStop as a whole. My store? We did pretty fucking well thank you very much. =)

TheGrue

Went to Target as they showed 4 Mario Party Marios in stock. Was told they have them, but they're street dated until next week.

However, thanks to Reddit, I just found out Amazon has it, so got one.

Here's the link for those who need him:

http://amzn.com/B00UL0BMA6

The Finest Brew

Neo Member
Nowinstock just gave me a notice that Greninja came back up at TRU's website, but it doesn't add to the cart when I try to do so. It definitely shows up as preorder availible though!

CH4OS

Waiting on Splatoon 3 pack on Best Buy.

In the beginning:
I won't collect amiibo
I'll just collect characters I like
Just Smash and done
Mario line looks like quality, that, smash, and done
I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT SPLATOON IS BUT I MUST HAVE THEM!!! BLERG! EXCLUSIVE GREEN SQUID THING!!

rjinaz

Nowinstock just gave me a notice that Greninja came back up at TRU's website, but it doesn't add to the cart when I try to do so. It definitely shows up as preorder availible though!

Yeah preorder button came back up, I'm using a website change extension, but I immediately tried to checkout since I have one in my cart already and no go. If it went for sale there must have been just a couple.

Penguin

I can't speak for GameStop as a whole. My store? We did pretty fucking well thank you very much. =)

Don't work there, but I can't imagine a random Thurs afternoon with no major release is one of their busier times.

If anything, probably drove business to their stores as people lined up or heard about the lines on Twitter and FB and had to go for themselves

In the beginning:
I won't collect amiibo
Just Smash and done
I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT SPLATOON IS BUT I MUST HAVE THEM!!! BLERG! EXCLUSIVE GREEN SQUID THING!!

Story of my life, lol.

In the beginning:
I won't collect amiibo
Just Smash and done

Basically me from yesterday morning to this moment now.

In the beginning:
I won't collect amiibo
Just Smash and done
I actually avoided buying them yesterday. I had the chance when I was waiting for the SSB ones... but I know that realistically... I won't play much of Splatoon enough. I'll let someone else grab them that might be in love with them.

Dem Yoshis though... and the AC cards. I will drop cheddar on boxes of the cards (and trade with CrossingGAF).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom