• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Gold Mario for a Lucina or Robin will be a fair trade? Seems like Gold Mario might actually be easier to obtain than those two.

The Finest Brew

Neo Member
I can't go on without a nap at least. Knowing my luck, Amazon will update in the hour or so I'm conked out, or my alarm won't go off. But at this point, I'm willing to test my chances. Hope I see you guys again soon!

georly

https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/584048722734096384

CBr1N-lUAAAo7yx.png:large

Or not, it's seemingly real. April 27th.

botty

Banned
I wonder how many manchildren are consistently getting their hearts broken because they can't get their favorite Nintendo character's amiibo. Nintendo is horrible.

Tabasco

Sucks that I missed out on Ness because I couldn't get out of work. I could have called GameStop and possibly make an order over the phone, but it didn't cross my mind at the time. :(

At least I have a few, but getting Robin, Lucina, Jigglypuff, and Ness would be amazing.

I can't go on without a nap at least. Knowing my luck, Amazon will update in the hour or so I'm conked out, or my alarm won't go off. But at this point, I'm willing to test my chances. Hope I see you guys again soon!

10 minutes after I went to bed last night Greninja went up. 10 minutes! But good luck to you haha.

Shauni

Preach. Look at Bravely Second as example, Square Enix didn't know there was/is an interest in the West, as well as games like Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandora Tower. Its like Nintendo/NOA are happy living in Mario Land, on a Galaxy far away and are so distant from their customers, they haven't a clu.

I understand your point, but your wording here seems to imply Square Enix had something to do with Xeno, Last Story, and Pandora. Also, I'm not sure bringing Bravely Default up adds to your point, since it was Nintendo who actually brought that out of Japan, since in that case NOA actually knew what was going on.

Fox Mulder

Doesn't Nintendo fashion themselves as a toy company though?

But on a serious note. The US is getting shafted and I doubt that will change anytime soon.

Thank God the only Amiibo's I wanted I lucked out and got. This entire situation is madness.

all of my favorites have been common or relatively easy to get for a time. Even Dedede and Shulk were up long enough in december to casually preorder, now everything is gone in like 5 minutes. I felt like a moron standing in line for 50 minutes for a toy yesterday. But it was for ness.

I fully expect Waves 5 and beyond to be fucked like little mac, as many of the ones left are pretty niche characters they won't want to make many of while the demand only increases.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
That's 5, right? Or are we counting Jigglypuff and Greninja as Wave 5 or something? Or Dark Pit and Paultena? I would just say those are later/earlier parts of Wave 4 and 5, respectively, myself.

dFjtppO.png

Best OT has you guys covered. Read Best OT pls :)

CorvoSol

Spoke to a TRU help chat person thing about why I never got the confirmation e-mails.

P: Corvo, I do apologize for the inconvenience, I see that currently the pre orders are not in the system yet.
Corvo: Yet?
P: Yes, since there is a high volume of preorders they have not been put into our system to look them up.
Corvo: So my pre-order might yet be in the system?
P: It is in the pre ordering system that you ordered it since you have a pending charge to your account, it just isn't in the lookup order system here for us to view.
Corvo: Okay, so do you think I can still expect to receive the confirmation e-mails in the future, then?
P: I do believe so and if you don't receive one a few hours you may always check back in with us and we will be more than happy to check the system again for you to get that resent.
Corvo: Thank you!

SO I MAY HAVE HOPE AFTER ALL.

Shauni

I fully expect Waves 5 and beyond to be fucked like little mac, as many of the ones left are pretty niche characters they won't want to make many of while the demand only increases.

Ganondorf? Bowser Jr? Mewtwo? Dr. Mario? I wouldn't call any of those "niche". Well, maybe Bowser Jr, I guess, but he's still part of the Mario franchise, and every character of the Mario has been common as hell outside Rosalina, but I chalk that up to retailer exclusive bullshit. Of course, any of these mentioned could get caught up in that bullshit, too, though I at least expect Ganondorf to be common.

The rest, though, yeah. Zero Suit Samus may be more common than people expect, since regular Samus was super common for awhile and I think it still more uncommon than rare now.

Shauni

dFjtppO.png

Best OT has you guys covered. Read Best OT pls :)

Guilty, I honestly didn't look at the OT. Forgive me, Diggeh.

So, how are we going to set up the Line group then? I know it's a bit early to be worrying about that, but are we really going to have a group dedicated to just those two?

So, how are we going to set up the Line group then? I know it's a bit early to be worrying about that, but are we really going to have a group dedicated to just those two?

Given how things are going, its never too early. I'm already kicking myself for not taking up Brian's offer of ordering them through EB AU, but i was a bit worried about money, and by the time i got home and had time to actually check finances, stuff was already going away.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Waiting on Splatoon 3 pack on Best Buy.

In the beginning:
I won't collect amiibo
I'll just collect characters I like
Just Smash and done
Diggeh made me buy them and figures as well
Mario line looks like quality, that, smash, and done
I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT SPLATOON IS BUT I MUST HAVE THEM!!! BLERG! EXCLUSIVE GREEN SQUID THING!!
AND HOW DID ALL THESE FIGMAS GET IN HERE
DIGGEH PLS

Fixed.

ZeroCDR

"Extremely limited quantities per store"

Glad I'm not terribly attached to the newer gen pikamans, get ready for campers.

I understand your point, but your wording here seems to imply Square Enix had something to do with Xeno, Last Story, and Pandora. Also, I'm not sure bringing Bravely Default up adds to your point, since it was Nintendo who actually brought that out of Japan, since in that case NOA actually knew what was going on.

Yeah my wording with Xeno, Last Story and Pandora. The bit about Second, I recall reading somewhere about Square being surprised. Didn't realize Nintendo involvement with listening. Thanks for pointing that out and glad you could make sense with rant. I just go on hyperventilate talking about Nintendo and all this madness. Lol

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

MOqAti7.jpg

We're going to have the current Wave then the rest go in the old Waves. Not sure about Splatoon or Yarnmiibo yet. We're talking about it.

Shauni

Damn. You think offering a Greninja for Little Mac is a fair trade?

It's hard to say until the wave is released and we see what falls where, but honestly, I think all of the retailer exclusives have ended up being pretty rare. That trade probably will end up being pretty fair, I imagine.

Vuapol

Got back from my local Toys R Us where, surprise surprise, no Greninja pre-order slips. All online only. The employee I spoke to told me that they are doing pre-orders online so that they will actually have stock in-store on release for people who want to just walk in. During the whole Lucario fiasco, if you didn't have a pre-order slip when you walked in you were screwed. So now with Greninja they're hoping that people will be able to just walk in without a pre-order and buy Greninja since all the pre-orders will be shipped through the online Toys R Us store.

The exact quote he told me was "to reward those who waited". I don't know if the 'who' is those who pre-ordered or those who are going to wait until May 27th. I really don't follow any of the logic.

In short, the whole situation is fucked, but I think we all already knew that.

haha on a monday, sure why not i'll try, hand out the pre order cards as we enter the store though

i can see a ton of people run to electronics that day

clem84

Gold Member
I'm reading this thread and... it's pure madness. If the amiibos would all be readily available I would getting them all.

It was one thing to be caught off guard at launch, but if Nintendo now knows the demand to be huge, why aren't they making more?

Greninja - Monday, April 27th - In-store only
Jigglypuff - Friday, May 29th - Online and In-store
Ness - TBA?

Ffff Mondays... Looks like i'll have to trade for Greninja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom