• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vylash

walking into gamestop on may 29th and walking out with Splatoon, the Splatoon squid girl amiibo, and Lucina is gonna be weird

SalvaPot

This ride never ends!

Also, the more I think about amiibo card the more I want them, this is how I think they might work for Smash:

Blind Packs, 10 cards per package, three amiibo cards, one accesory card (To unlock Mii or character costumes or missions or other silly cosmetic stuff), one AR Card, 5 trading cards.

The amiibo card is based on the smash fighter. of course there are 51 of them (So far). The packs can belong to a theme. Mario Series Pack, Space Explorers pack, stuff like that.

The AR card can be something similar to the Kid Icarus Uprising pack, somethin funny to collect.

The interesting part is on the normal trading cards. This are based on the full history of nintendo! They can feature characters from all series and have cool art from their original games, or new art to celebrate them. They can put the rare cards here, not with the amiibo. Just imagine a full set of Nintendo´s history ready to be pulled from the packs.

And of course they can sell special packs that guarantee you the Amiibo card you want. You need Marth? Buy it with the Fire Emblem bundle that includes 3 boosters, Marth, and a collectors coin.

And yes, this takes a lot from Pokemon TCG, why fix it when it ain´t broken?

RootCause

You think nintendo will have trouble supplying enough Stock for wave 5? No reason to have trouble mass producing just two Amiibo in 2 months.

Adamator

I got the stand alone Mario party Mario at Target but it was not 25% off and I didn't ask about it. Should it of been? It isn't shown as on sale on their site either.

Armaly

It's hard to say until the wave is released and we see what falls where, but honestly, I think all of the retailer exclusives have ended up being pretty rare. That trade probably will end up being pretty fair, I imagine.

Thanks, i'll have my fingers crossed.

By the way, is there an amiibo trade thread?

You think nintendo will have trouble supplying enough Stock for wave 5? No reason to have trouble mass producing just two Amiibo in 2 months.

This is what Nintendo needs to do. Don't try to produce 10k ea of 6 character in a month. Produce 60k of one character every month. Release 1 character each month, and provide the level that was given to characters like Pikachu and Mario. I'd settle for Shiek and Toon link levels.

ghibli99

This ride never ends!

Also, the more I think about amiibo card the more I want them, this is how I think they might work for Smash:

Blind Packs, 10 cards per package, three amiibo cards, one accesory card (To unlock Mii or character costumes or missions or other silly cosmetic stuff), one AR Card, 5 trading cards.

The amiibo card is based on the smash fighter. of course there are 51 of them (So far). The packs can belong to a theme. Mario Series Pack, Space Explorers pack, stuff like that.

The AR card can be something similar to the Kid Icarus Uprising pack, somethin funny to collect.

The interesting part is on the normal trading cards. This are based on the full history of nintendo! They can feature characters from all series and have cool art from their original games, or new art to celebrate them. They can put the rare cards here, not with the amiibo. Just imagine a full set of Nintendo´s history ready to be pulled from the packs.

And of course they can sell special packs that guarantee you the Amiibo card you want. You need Marth? Buy it with the Fire Emblem bundle that includes 3 boosters, Marth, and a collectors coin.

And yes, this takes a lot from Pokemon TCG, why fix it when it ain´t broken?
As a Nintendo fan and as someone who just in the past few months got into collecting Pokemon cards, the possibilities frighten me. LOL I usually just buy base common/uncommon/rare holo/reverse holo sets, and flesh them out slowly with the others via well-timed auctions or good BINs. I can't hang with boosters anymore. They're fun though, especially when you get a secret rare or full art.

zulux21

Just spoke to Rajat who works for Amazon customer service and he has no idea when they will post the wave 4s

ah I guess I won't send them this message.

"When amiibo wave 4 listings went live on amazon 2 days ago I sat down and started refreshing the page constantly... it's now two days later and I am tired, and I smell bad... I was a little slow to the bathroom one time and since if I took a shower and changed clothes and preorders went live and I missed them I would be forced to kill myself, I am just dealing with the smell. I haven't slept for two days, I'm tired, my hand hurts from refreshing, and I feel disgusting. If at all possible could you tell me when this wave is going live so I can either go shower and sleep, or see a light at the end of the tunnel. If you can't tell me when it will go live, can you at least tell me if it would be ok to go to sleep for 8 hours or so... please"

:p

Snaku

Banned
ah I guess I won't send them this message.

"When amiibo wave 4 listings went live on amazon 2 days ago I sat down and started refreshing the page constantly... it's now two days later and I am tired, and I smell bad... I was a little slow to the bathroom one time and since if I took a shower and changed clothes and preorders went live and I missed them I would be forced to kill myself, I am just dealing with the smell. I haven't slept for two days, I'm tired, my hand hurts from refreshing, and I feel disgusting. If at all possible could you tell me when this wave is going live so I can either go shower and sleep, or see a light at the end of the tunnel. If you can't tell me when it will go live, can you at least tell me if it would be ok to go to sleep for 8 hours or so... please"

:p

Post it as a review.

Morts

Thankfully this wave doesn't really do anything for me, but I hope this shit gets ironed out by the time I try to get Olimar and Ganondorf.

zulux21

Thankfully this wave doesn't really do anything for me, but I hope this shit gets ironed out by the time I try to get Olimar and Ganondorf.

it doesn't right now, but once they announce that you can play as any amiibo in mario maker and each character plays with a unique style... then you will change your toon (link) MWA HA HA HA HA.

RootCause

This is what Nintendo needs to do. Don't try to produce 10k ea of 6 character in a month. Produce 60k of one character every month. Release 1 character each month, and provide the level that was given to characters like Pikachu and Mario. I'd settle for Shiek and Toon link levels.
I would prefer smaller waves too, but only if it increases the odds of everyone finding what they're are looking for.
It's a shame NOA decided to play the retail exclusive game. No one else is doing this nonsense.

NateDrake

Just spoke to Rajat who works for Amazon customer service and he has no idea when they will post the wave 4s

dSo00Yz.gif

I don't care about Pokémon but I will burn another lunch break and an hour of PTO to hit Toys R Us if they are also taking in-store preorders for Robin (and Luncina).

Was that specified?

I would prefer smaller waves too, but only if it increases the odds of everyone finding what they're are looking for.
It's a shame NOA decided to play the retail exclusive game. No one else is doing this nonsense.

I'd have no issue with exclusives if they could bother to do it like Walmart... it's crazy, but Walmart had the best experience. Multiple up times, cancelled duplicate orders, available stock on release day, etc. Obviously Walmart is the only company trustworthy enough to handle the responsibility.

alvis.exe

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm not sure whether I should be mad or sad right now hahaha.

Well, on the bright side, I guess it'll be easier to get ones with good paint jobs now that I can leisurely look through all the EU/JP listings on Ebay heh. Unless someone here would be kind enough to offer up their perfect paint job Amiibos for trade haha.

Megatron

Then you would have shelves and shelves of Wii fit trainers and Lucianas. They should be more rare, but not this much more.

Somnid

It's a good account of the Wave 4 shitstorm and yet they still came to a non-sense conclusion. The exclusives aren't the reason you can't get them, it's the low stock. In an ideal world I could go online and ship all 3 exclusives in like 5 minutes to my house but I can't do that because there are too many people who want to do that. Also, there is no secrecy, they gave dates (in fact we have a roadmap into September) but retailers can allow preorders whenever they feel like. It's not even the day of the preorders that matters, it's been literally down to the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom