• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeOak

If the people at Amazon are smart, they are ordering everything they can from Nintendo.

Someone email Jeff Bezos.

crimnos

I'm not really interested in splatoon amiibo since i havent even played the game. I'm sure they'll be long sold out by the time it comes out anyways.

news about the in store only preordering leaked a bit before it started. They announced one thing publicly and did something else internally.

I was going to say, there was a memo circulating well in advance of the site collapse, so I don't buy that the collapse led to that decision. The memo specifically cited, as I recall, trying to get people in store.

news about the in store only preordering leaked a bit before it started. They announced one thing publicly and did something else internally.
Is there a link or something? We had been in line for at least 30 minutes to an hour before we started seeing reports that they were canceling the online preorders due to the website breaking under the load.

The timeline went:

1) GameStop tweets that preorders will be WIS and Online at 2pm CT
2) Preorders start, immediately everything crashes
3) Rumors begin to circulate online from GS employees that the online preorders will be delayed due to server overload
4) expanding on previous rumors, people hear that online preorders are cancelled completely with all resources going to Web In Store orders

I was going to say, there was a memo circulating well in advance of the site collapse, so I don't buy that the collapse led to that decision. The memo specifically cited, as I recall, trying to get people in store.

Oh what the fuck, really? It's not that I don't believe any of you I just remember the timeline working out differently. If there was a memo that leaked contradicting their tweet before things went pear shaped then yes, that is fuckin shitty.

SmithnCo

Do we know anything about Amazon preorders, like when they come out or how they'll work? I'm hoping to pick up Robin and Lucina (and am not feeling too confident about my chances).

No, I've just had page monitor running since yesterday night sitting on the Splatoon page.

Megatron

I'm not really interested in splatoon amiibo since i havent even played the game. I'm sure they'll be long sold out by the time it comes out anyways.

Yeah, and while the game looks fun, the actual characters (and therefore their amiibos) look like rejected ideas from a nikelodian kids show.

SalvaPot

tumblr_nm7r0zZwb91s9oa44o1_540.png

Fox Mulder

Is there a link or something? We had been in line for at least 30 minutes to an hour before we started seeing reports that they were canceling the online preorders due to the website breaking under the load.

The timeline went:

3) Rumors begin to circulate online from GS employees that the online preorders will be delayed due to server overload
4) expanding on previous rumors, people hear that online preorders are cancelled completely with all resources going to Web In Store orders

it's somewhere in this big ass thread. I didn't even go to gamestop until 230 est, and only did because news of in store only preordering hit here.

posted here at 12:50 pm est, source was a twitter post even earlier than that.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158578006&postcount=1145

crimnos

The timeline went:

Oh what the fuck, really? It's not that I don't believe any of you I just remember the timeline working out differently. If there was a memo that leaked contradicting their tweet before things went pear shaped then yes, that is fuckin shitty.

I seem to remember seeing an email, but I can't find it. Here's the first mention I can find, from 10:44 AM ET: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158560318&postcount=620

Edit: Oh sweet, Fox Mulder was on the case!

backlot

People who ordered Greninja last night and said their order info wasn't showing up on the site: mine is showing up now so check again.

Fink

I just entered payment info for Greninja but I'm not sure if it went through? I submitted my order but it's not in my cart anymore

Rocky

Banned
Well, i'm glad at least someone got through finally. I could fucking feel it, but right at the last second, snatched away.

Tell me about it. I still had to type address info even though I was logged in. I was freaking out lol. Now just waiting for the email.

it's somewhere in this big ass thread. I didn't even go to gamestop until 230 est, and only did because news of in store only preordering hit here.

posted here at 12:50 pm est, source was a twitter post even earlier than that.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158578006&postcount=1145
First off, thank you for looking up that link for me

Secondly, oh my god fuck offffff GameStop. They should have absolutely tweeted an update that online orders were being cancelled in favor of WIS. That is bullshit.

It's a good account of the Wave 4 shitstorm and yet they still came to a non-sense conclusion. The exclusives aren't the reason you can't get them, it's the low stock. In an ideal world I could go online and ship all 3 exclusives in like 5 minutes to my house but I can't do that because there are too many people who want to do that. Also, there is no secrecy, they gave dates (in fact we have a roadmap into September) but retailers can allow preorders whenever they feel like. It's not even the day of the preorders that matters, it's been literally down to the minute.

For me, the "secrecy" about dates I learned after the Nintendo Direct, which was like Bam! Its happening Tomorrow and then crazy happened. Its hard to keep up with this ever fast internet and news breaking events all the while, life is happening. Between Nintendo and Retailers, lies a bridge of truth.

Somnid

Dates mean little when retailers don't know allocation amounts. Rumors surfacing before the direct was that retailers were frustrated that Nintendo was not communicating with them.

Though I'm not sure why I keep responding to you considering you think it's all so entertaining, and have no doubt the agenda of riling people up for that purpose.

They know the amounts, that's why they have a preorder cap. Internal allocation is the culprit with miscommunication. There's nearly 2 months before these hit, they don't have to open preorders if they are unsure about follow up shipments, delays and the like.

I'm trying to get my pre-orders too and for sure not going to score a Ness anytime soon and that's a bit disappointing. I'm just not part of the hysterics, I'm erring on the side of rationality. It's amusing when preorder mania brings down Gamestop's internal computers and some people are really worked up over these which can also be funny but also a bit sad. If you think taking a calm and less salinated look at the situation is aimed to rile people up, I don't know what to tell you but you should maybe reflect a bit too.

All I've wanted since Amiibo were first announced was a Ness Amiibo, and I didn't get one. I had to work, and I even went on my lunch and was 4th in line when they started having system issues. I wasn't going to risk my job so I had to leave, and by the time I got off work they were already sold out.

I'm heartbroken, I just want my Ness. He's my main since SSB64 and the whole reason I got into Amiibo collecting in the first place. I despise Nintendo for making him exclusive, and GameStop for lying to us about online ordering.

I'm going through a really difficult breakup right now and securing a Ness preorder would have really lifted my spirits :-/

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I submitted and everything on Greninja and then it just went to a weird blank page... no idea if that went through or not... :(

I have it in my cart. I got that far, but it won't let me select which store to ship it to. Any secret to getting past this page? Has ANYONE got past this page today?

Hawk269

If the people at Amazon are smart, they are ordering everything they can from Nintendo.

Someone email Jeff Bezos.
You can't order what does not exist. Every retailer would order millions if they could..
But it is up to Nintendo to make them available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom