• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
You should get an email confirmation if you're solid.

It didn't... :( What a bummer... was in there and everything, then all of a sudden... empty cart. Now I can't even add him anymore.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yikes. NoA social networks are 100% hell right now. Every amiibo related post they do and people insult them so bad because of wave 4 madness. This is getting out of control and honestly this is just not funny anymore :S

GOOD. This is where you listen to the literal voice of the customer. They are making sales, but it's ruining their image and turning people bitter against them. In the long run, you might want to satisfy your consumer base...

Absolutely. These need to be limited to one per person, no question. The scalpers are making this whole situation worse, and it is disgusting.

It's also become a problem with everyone wanting to buy multiples for trade fodder, as seen with Rosalina. Just because you're not scalping doesn't mean it doesn't make it harder for people to get just one. I was in the boat of trying to get two, one to open and one to keep sealed, but I've come to the conclusion I should be lucky to get at least one.

Limit on per person should be a thing from now on, sorry.

CowntChocula

Neo Member
I had a Greninja in my cart all morning but could never checkout. Had the ship option show up about 5 minutes ago and took it all the way to the page and clicked submit order. It then took me to a blank screen (which I should have seen my confirmation #) and nothing happened. Got all excited there for a minute...

The_Afroman

Welp.. I ordered Wario and PacMan from Best Buy (they cancelled my Charzard) and GS was sold out when i got off work... and ToyrUs Shafted everyone with a 3am Preorder.. so..

Here is my official "Trade Pile"

QkU1OmJ.png

WFT and Villager will be my High cards to use to trade for.. but my other ones are 1 to 1.. for any wave 4 other than Pac and War.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I had a Greninja in my cart all morning but could never checkout. Had the ship option show up about 5 minutes ago and took it all the way to the page and clicked submit order. It then took me to a blank screen (which I should have seen my confirmation #) and nothing happened. Got all excited there for a minute...

Same with me... same situation. What a total bummer.

kirby_fox

Banned
It's also become a problem with everyone wanting to buy multiples for trade fodder, as seen with Rosalina. Just because you're not scalping doesn't mean it doesn't make it harder for people to get just one. I was in the boat of trying to get two, one to open and one to keep sealed, but I've come to the conclusion I should be lucky to get at least one.

Basically it's people buying multiples and more people buying multiples, like the scalpers did. But now it's also more scalpers too.

I still have yet to get any order in anywhere. I'm about done- I've been sitting on my computer since 8 AM. Didn't even have lunch. Wasted the day over dumb shit today.

RootCause

Welp.. I ordered Wario and PacMan from Best Buy (they cancelled my Charzard) and GS was sold out when i got off work... and ToyrUs Shafted everyone with a 3am Preorder.. so..

Here is my official "Trade Pile"

WFT and Villager will be my High cards to use to trade for.. but my other ones are 1 to 1.. for any wave 4 other than Pac and War.
Dat gold Mario.

Boogiepop

Similar to what you guys are describing: it finally let me go all the way through with inputting payment and info for the Greninja that was in my cart all morning... and then after it went "processing" it booted me back to an empty cart. I'm guessing I didn't get it, and now I no longer have whatever "leg up" it may have somehow possibly 1 in a million chance it being in my cart may have offered.

rjinaz

They know the amounts, that's why they have a preorder cap. Internal allocation is the culprit with miscommunication. There's nearly 2 months before these hit, they don't have to open preorders if they are unsure about follow up shipments, delays and the like.

I'm trying to get my pre-orders too and for sure not going to score a Ness anytime soon and that's a bit disappointing. I'm just not part of the hysterics, I'm erring on the side of rationality. It's amusing when preorder mania brings down Gamestop's internal computers and some people are really worked up over these which can also be funny but also a bit sad. If you think taking a calm and less salinated look at the situation is aimed to rile people up, I don't know what to tell you but you should maybe reflect a bit too.

Calm and less salinated, but also laughing at people. Thanks but I'm ok with not being that. Again I have to ask, do you work for somebody in that you know exactly how this situation is playing out behind the scenes because you sure act like you have the facts? Seems to me you are just making a lot of assumptions and keep apologizing for Nintendo and the retailers when clearly they could have handled the situation better.

Edtt: And it took me this long to notice your tag. Guess there is a trend. I'll let you have the last word if you want it but let's agree to disagree.

Basically it's people buying multiples and more people buying multiples, like the scalpers did. But now it's also more scalpers too.

I still have yet to get any order in anywhere. I'm about done- I've been sitting on my computer since 8 AM. Didn't even have lunch. Wasted the day over dumb shit today.

I agree. I think it's bullshit that yesterday some people at Gamestop got their orders in and went back into line to put in more orders. Sorry, but one order per person so everyone can get a chance. It was a mess yesterday and I feel bad for people who waited hours to come up empty handed.

-Horizon-

Yikes. NoA social networks are 100% hell right now. Every amiibo related post they do and people insult them so bad because of wave 4 madness. This is getting out of control and honestly this is just not funny anymore :S
While I think that Nintendo is causing at least half of the overall problem, I also think that fans in general, while I can understand their frustration, should be more civil in making their concerns known.

Amazing. This game has everything!

Did anything happen in the last 3 hours?
Chaos? But that was since last night so no, same as usual.

Similar to what you guys are describing: it finally let me go all the way through with inputting payment and info for the Greninja that was in my cart all morning... and then after it went "processing" it booted me back to an empty cart. I'm guessing I didn't get it, and now I no longer have whatever "leg up" it may have somehow possibly 1 in a million chance it being in my cart may have offered.

Well, at least some people in here have the chance for next time, if there is one.

I agree. I think it's bullshit that yesterday some people at Gamestop got their orders in and went back into line to put in more orders. Sorry, but one order per person so everyone can get a chance. It was a mess yesterday and I feel bad for people who waited hours to come up empty handed.

People were doing real shady shit at my Gamestop, but I didn't care since I got my Ness. Like the first 4 people in line worked there as well and put in multiple orders.

Yeah, its not funny, but it was writing on the wall that gave me a peek in yet what was to come when it started with 3 amiibo... Marth, Villager and Wii Fit. Not a fortune teller, but the following waves yet to come .... look out!

kirby_fox

Banned
I'm really on the edge of scalping what I have in box and keeping the open ones.

If I sold them for what they were going for on ebay, I'd probably have all the money I've invested so far...

Armaly

Splatoon set going up on Best Buy soon. Link

Hola once again amiigos! We're getting ready to put the Splatoon series amiibo figures online and wanted to give the heads up. This will work the same way as yesterday's pre-orders for the SSB series (Ship to home only; online orders only) and as we all know timing may be key. Here are the SKU numbers for your ease: * Splatoon Series Inkling Boy - 6370114 * Splatoon Series Inkling Girl - 6375137 * Splatoon Series Inkling Girl/Inkling Squid/Inkling Boy - 6373111 Good luck to everyone, I hope you're all able to get the one(s) you want! Don't forget that GCU members save 20%!

People were doing real shady shit at my Gamestop, but I didn't care since I got my Ness. Like the first 4 people in line worked there as well and put in multiple orders.

Mmhmm. It's annoying to see people in this thread admit to that practice. If your friends can't get to Gamestop, tough luck. Those who waited in line should have their fair chance.

HUELEN10

Nah, it's all about the context.

Take yesterday fro example. GameStop did one per SKU per person per transaction and a one per SKU address limit period; this allowed me to go to the back of the line twice after purchase one so I could get 9 squids.

It's fair, gives them money, doesn't impose limits that get in the way of lack of demand; everybody wins.

Imposing a one limit period when that one thing isn't selling rapidly at that point in time is foolish. It's all about the context; limit of one looks good on paper, but why be so stringent with low demand at order time IRL?

kirby_fox

Banned
Mmhmm. It's annoying to see people in this thread admit to that practice. If your friends can't get to Gamestop, tough luck. Those who waited in line should have their fair chance.

When they say they're going to sell them online, I pick up hours that night at work that morning and then wait at 3 PM to find out that was a lie- yeah totally fair to the consumer base.

GeeDuhb

Yep. How much benefit are they getting when they sell all their stock online? At least gamestop got people into their stores to buy their figure. And we have to go back to get them (assuming we wanted free shipping) they are actually creating some traffic. Of course the stores can't make ninte do make more figures.

Honestly, it seems like it does more harm than good. A) people get pissed because of all the miscommunication/issues and B) people in store still had a shitty experience having to wait an hour or more just to get them pre-ordered.

If I was any of these retailers, I would get out of this shit fast...

I don't think it's a lack of shelf space, they don't even make it that far. Retailers are probably giving Nintendo some nice kickbacks given how Amiibo are. I think it's literally the effort to produce them, whether that be an unwillingness to open news lines, complications to do so, the complication of the Smash Amiibo needing to be constructed and painted many colors with manual steps (unlike design-for-manufacture peers), the amount of Amiibo variants they need to push through the lines, and just general inexperience selling figurines at such a volume scale. Demand isn't a static target either, it just keeps growing, and it's not primarily from children but adults who have a lot of money and resources to seek these things out.

Well, I was referring more to NoA's comment months back about why certain ones would not be reprinted (wave 1 when they came out and said Wii Fit Trainer, Villager and Marth were done.) They cited shelf space as a reason they could not just infinitely produce the lesser known characters. But I can see the manufacturing process could also be an issue, as you said...but they obviously are not breaking things up correctly when you go into a Toys R Us store and they have half an aisle full of Link, Pikachu and Yoshi.

This is true as well. That does magnify the problem because then it is not only scalpers going after multiples but just regular collectors as well. I too was hoping to get 2 of a few to open and keep 1 sealed, but I have come to the same conclusion.

Honestly, I'm not really too down on that if it is actually for someone. I know how desperate it can be just wanting to get one and knowing that scalpers will get them all either way. Doesn't mean I like it, but I understand where it comes from and would rather they, and people that get them for trades, get them before people that are selling them.

HUELEN10

Bullshit, there is zero difference between a friend being in the line, and me going to the back of the line after purchase one.

Gartooth

Best Buy employee da real MVP for giving heads notice. (Yes I am mad about Jiggs and Greninja)

Shame they're the one not to get an exclusive this round, stupid Toys R Us. grumblegrumble

Rocky

Banned

I agree. And I find it even more annoying when they post pictures of their multiples and brag about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom