• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0523

Damn, Best Buy has just been great about the Wave 4 amiibo. And they don't even have a retail exclusive this time around. Funny how that works...

Vidiot

The last wave of exclusive were like $30 each with prime for import versions. Fuck it, I'll do that for Greninja and Jiggelypuff. Fuck this shit.

Tanukid

Grabbing my Masterball. This pokemon aint getting away!

1035.gif

Please TRU! ;__;

Nah, it' sell about the context.

Take yesterday fro example. GameStop did one per SKU per person per transaction and a one per SKU address limit period; this allowed me to go to the back of the line twice after purchase one so I could get 9 squids.

It's fair, gives them money, doesn't impose limits that get in the way of lack of demand; everybody wins.

Imposing a one limit period when that one thing isn't selling rapidly at that point in time is foolish.

Sorry, but it's bullshit.

With the way the pre-order system was set up yesterday, it was a nationwide thing. People were still trying to pre-order hours after they went live. I managed to get lucky and get a Ness by doing it over the phone, but people were still trying to pre-order after I got mine in and were turned away. With any Amiibo at this point, it should be a one limit thing.

weevles

Darn, I left to take a dump and missed Lucina but I got a 3 pack splatoon.

Wait I don't even want the game. -_-

FINALLY, my first taste of amiibo success! Got my Splatoon 3-Pack Preordered from Best Buy, and I'm a GCU member, so that pretty much nullified the shipping cost!

Bullshit, there is zero difference between a friend being in the line, and me going to the back of the line after purchase one.

When I went to Target to get Rosalina there was a huge car of teenagers who got out, only one of them was interested in Rosalina. The others bought them for either their friend to trade/sell or for other people. We lined up for that shit and unless you can get there yourself, it affects other people who are there waiting in line that get turned away.

People got turned away yesterday and what you did doesn't help the situation. Plain and simple.

georly

Ugh they're sitting in my cart because i'm a hopeless amiibro... but I don't even know if I want them.

Edit: Nope, I'm not gonna do it.

crimnos

Thanks!

How'd you find these? Putting the SKU into the search bar didn't work for me.

I looked up a random item, some K-cups, and plugged the SKU into the SKU identifier field in the address. Just hit enter and it brought it up. Lucky guess :) Glad everybody is getting them!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Did Lucina even go up?

I also noticed that Wave 4 is listed as "coming soon" on Best Buy. Possible second chance later?

Nabbed the three-pack. Thanks for posting the heads up and links. This makes this the first successful Amiibo purchase I've been able to make since yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom