• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repost from yesterday:

You can get free shipping on bestbuy.com if you add $35 worth of stuff in your cart. Ship the item(s) you want and select in store pick up for the items you don't want and you'll get free shipping. Someone in the GCU thread mentioned this and it works. I've done it before.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the items you don't pick up from store will get cancelled automatically in a week.

LegendX48

Just sitting here at the dentist but I got the Splatoon triple pack :D

Woot!

Edit: at least I think I did,the site bugged on my phone after I submit but I got an email though

bluehat9

Thanks for the 3-pack heads up. Just want Wario now, hopefully he might actually be one that makes it to store shelves (or I'm lucky to be on when amazon puts him up).

TheGrue

Got the Splatoon 3-Pack. All set for Wave 4 pre-orders and Splatoon. Can rest until Wave 5 unless something goes wrong with a pre-order.

Just want to give a huge shoutout to the LINE folks who made this possible. Never would have had a shot without you.

Shauni

Hi!

xgaQsDC.jpg

Seriously, would Target again.

Are these yours?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I looked up a random item, some K-cups, and plugged the SKU into the SKU identifier field in the address. Just hit enter and it brought it up. Lucky guess :) Glad everybody is getting them!

Nice find. I think a lot of folks were still trying to find them via SKU search while you posted the links.

rjinaz

Man so tempted with these amiibo but I can't justify spending anything outside of smash because then where will it end? Answer: It won't.

GeeDuhb

Nah, it's all about the context.

Take yesterday fro example. GameStop did one per SKU per person per transaction and a one per SKU address limit period; this allowed me to go to the back of the line twice after purchase one so I could get 9 squids.

It's fair, gives them money, doesn't impose limits that get in the way of lack of demand; everybody wins.

Imposing a one limit period when that one thing isn't selling rapidly at that point in time is foolish. It's all about the context; limit of one looks good on paper, but why be so stringent with low demand at order time IRL?

No, it really isn't foolish. If we are talking week 2 of pre-orders, okay maybe. Day 1? No way in hell. I had to work yesterday and by the time I got to a GS late last night, everything was gone. There is no excuse for not letting as many individual people get their hands on them as possible before letting people order 3 copies.

Gahhhhhh...must hold off...I want to buy through Amazon for prime shipping...

No, it really isn't foolish. If we are talking week 2 of pre-orders, okay maybe. Day 1? No way in hell. I had to work yesterday and by the time I got to a GS late last night, everything was gone. There is no excuse for not letting as many individual people get their hands on them as possible before letting people order 3 copies.

Gahhhhhh...must hold off...I want to buy through Amazon for prime shipping...

Just add another thing you want to your cart. $35 is the necessary spending to get free release day shipping.

Calm and less salinated, but also laughing at people. Thanks but I'm ok with not being that. Again I have to ask, do you work for somebody in that you know exactly how this situation is playing out behind the scenes because you sure act like you have the facts? Seems to me you are just making a lot of assumptions and keep apologizing for Nintendo and the retailers when clearly they could have handled the situation better.

Edtt: And it took me this long to notice your tag. Guess there is a trend. I'll let you have the last word if you want it but let's agree to disagree.

After a couple of his post, I kinda get same impression *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom