• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonto340

All I need for a complete wave 4 is Jiggs and pacman. If pac man is anywhere near as common as sonic and megaman I'll be fine, but jiggly puff is going to be a problem.

Illucio

Banned
I leave the computer to help my grandfather for an hour and come back home literally the moment the Splatoon pack goes down.

GAAAHHGREPUIEBGFDSPUINUPIGBREFIRGEFIGREUBGERAVFUIGHRFJU.

I'm highly considering just selling off my Wave 1, 2, and 3 Amiibo (with the exclusion of Cap. Falcon) on Amiibo and just being done with this chizz. It's not fun anymore. School has been less stressful then collecting amiibo, and it's almost time for finals....

NateDrake

I leave the computer to help my grandfather for an hour and come back home literally the moment the Splatoon pack goes down.

I'm highly considering just selling off my Wave 1, 2, and 3 Amiibo (with the exclusion of Cap. Falcon) on Amiibo and just being done with this chizz. It's not fun anymore. School has been less stressful then collecting amiibo, and it's almost time for finals....

Can I have your Villager if you choose to sell them?

rjinaz

There is still Walmart and Amazon and even Target since these aren't the exclusive nonsense. Don't give up yet.

So TRU, Best Buy and Gamestop are 100% out of everything (except the 2 splatoon singles at BB).
Target just sold Jigglypuff.

So for all non-exclusives, still have a chance at: Target, Walmart and Amazon.

And Nebraska Furniture Mart!

Seriously, everyone. NFM doesn't take pre-orders, but if you're still looking for the non-exclusives once they release, DON'T SLEEP ON MRS. B.!!!

Ugh I accidentally bought 2 of each Splatoon amiibo. And I think they'll be common. Better cancel the order..

I'm one of the people saying that they will be super common when t hey come out, but it may still be a good idea to just wait and return the extra ones to a store in case I'm wrong. Best Buy allows that right? Taking online orders back to any store?

I got in on the Splatoon 3-pack, but didn't know it could apply towards the free shipping. Could've gotten another amiibo I didn't have.

Insaniac

anybody know if meijers has had the rares in the past like Ike and what not? I may try to score some amiibo there on launch since they don't take pre orders

And Nebraska Furniture Mart!

Seriously, everyone. NFM doesn't take pre-orders, but if you're still looking for the non-exclusives once they release, DON'T SLEEP ON MRS. B.!!!

Hahaha I completely forgot about NFM! I should check them out. Maybe they have some I'm missing.

So just to be sure,

The 3-pack Splatoon Amiibo isn't exclusive to anywhere, is it?

All I want now is just the 3-pack, Pac-man, Wario, and eventually, Silver Mario. Still have to get Toad though. And Kirby (I'm thinking my medium Kirby plushie is good enough, lol)

NeOak

Inkling Girl/Boy separate and 3-pack available on Bestbuy's website now.

It keeps going up and coming down, I just got both of the girl and boy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintend...ulti/6373111.p?id=1219661371309&skuId=6373111

a31f2c41a6c670f7792e1cb9f9b9ff7c.png
slow.gif

lol

By the time you posted and gloated, the 3 pack was already sold out

Oh. They just opened one near my house (and caused my property tax to spike crazy, heh).

Hmm. May 29th just got interesting.

Maengun1

I'm taking my chances on finding the Splatoon amiibos in stores if I end up really wanting them. I can't imagine them being anything but Mario/Peach-level common, considering:

- new Nintendo IP they are promoting hardcore
- only 2 new Smash characters coming out during the entire June-July-August period (more shelf space for Splatoon)
- only 3 different packs rather than the endless stream of Smash characters (higher production %)

They look awesome, and I'm planning on picking up Splatoon, but I can't justify pre-ordering a $35 accessory for a game I haven't even played yet/don't know if I'll enjoy.

So tempting though, lol

kirby_fox

Banned
I'm taking my chances on finding the Splatoon amiibos in stores if I end up really wanting them. I can't seem them being anything but Mario/Peach-level common, considering:

- only 2 new Smash characters coming out during the entire June-July-August period

They look awesome, and I'm planning on picking up Splatoon, but I can't justify pre-ordering a $35 accessory for a game I haven't even played yet/don't know if I'll enjoy.

So tempting though, lol

And that's why they'll be rare I bet. Less made, people wanting collections, and douches like myself who just ordered it so I could use it to trade for Wave 4 since I didn't get an order in on the rest.

Consider them collectible figures first, and accessory/DLC second. It's the only way it makes sense, haha.

CodeNfX

You got lucky. I went to lunch an hour early yesterday and missed Jigglypuff. 99/100 I go to lunch on time and the ONE day i go an hour early. XD

I go lunch on time too but decided to go a little later today. I also miss out on Jugglypuff. Went to GameStop yesterday during lunch for Ness and there was about 16 people in line, I had no time to wait that long during my break.

Somnid

I'm taking my chances on finding the Splatoon amiibos in stores if I end up really wanting them. I can't imagine them being anything but Mario/Peach-level common, considering:

- only 2 new Smash characters coming out during the entire June-July-August period
- only 3 different packs rather than the endless stream of Smash characters

So tempting though, lol

I dunno, they've been pretty conservative with shipments on many things. That stupid squid in particular is only in the LE and the triple pack so I imagine that could end up rare. So if you want it I'd jump on it or at least make your peace with not having it.

NateDrake

And that's why they'll be rare I bet. Less made, people wanting collections, and douches like myself who just ordered it so I could use it to trade for Wave 4 since I didn't get an order in on the rest.

Less amiibo characters to produce will likely lead to plenty of stock for Splatoon amiibo. The triple set may be "rare" but the two main characters will likely be available.

crimnos

- only 2 new Smash characters coming out during the entire June-July-August period (more shelf space for Splatoon)
- only 3 different packs rather than the endless stream of Smash characters (higher production %)

So tempting though, lol

That's solid thinking, especially if you're not 100% on board with the game yet. For all I know, my excitement in the game could be misplaced.

border

So what ultimately happened with Ness? I don't do Amiibo at all so I have no idea how any of this works.

If you weren't at a Gamestop yesterday at 3PM, you're basically screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom