• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gameboy415

Crap! Missed the 3-pack and Inkling girl. :(
At least I got an Inkling boy order in...

I guess I'll try Amazon if I'm around when those go up. :S

rjinaz

I just got my Little Mac that was sent to my old apartment months ago. Payed regular price for him at launch, and seeing how much he's going for on Amazon makes me tempted not to open him.

I really want to though. I've opened all of my amiibos. What do I do GAF?

Do whatever it is you really want to do. But you should already know the response you'll get in this thread, they'll tell you to open it and the like. Personally I have never opened an amiibo.

Kriken

Sheik?

190d2uggqubypgif.gif

Wait, Sheik is considered rare still? There was like 5 of them at my Gamestop yesterday

Mzo

I just got my Little Mac that was sent to my old apartment months ago. Payed regular price for him at launch, and seeing how much he's going for on Amazon makes me tempted not to open him.

I really want to though. I've opened all of my amiibos. What do I do GAF?

Open it. Open them all forever.

Fox Mulder

So what ultimately happened with Ness? I don't do Amiibo at all so I have no idea how any of this works.

If you weren't at a Gamestop yesterday at 3PM, you're basically screwed?

You got to stand in line for over an hour and talk with amiibros or scalpers.

Shulk is getting a second run, I expect ness to open up again at some point. Gamestop seems at least that much more dedicated than the other retailers that do one run and done.

crimnos

Shulk is getting a second run, I expect ness to open up again at some point. Gamestop seems at least that much more dedicated than the other retailers that do one run and done.

I sure hope you're right. Based on that Reddit post about GameStop serving niche exclusives, it certainly would make sense. I'll cling to that hope.

I agree. Mgr at my store seems to think Corporate wasn't happy how things turned out either.

Zombine

Banned
No Amazon yet? I had to pause the hype to record my show.

I can see how the companies they pair up with are starting to get pissed. Nintendo doesn't just "partner" with these companies. They don't shake hands and call it a day. There is money involved and these companies spend the money for the exclusives to draw people into their stores and sites to pick up said item and browse around. If you can't get a steady supply of what you paid for, it could end up costing stores like GameStop more on the back end because they end up with pissed off customers.

Have no idea. Nervously keep checking and all is still for sure. Just them and Walmart hasn't surfaced as far as I know.

Target hasn't put anything up other than Jigglypuff yet.

Correct. I believe we still

Amazon: Has not gone live yet
Target: Lucina, Robin, Charizard, PacMan,Wario, Splatoon have not gone live yet
BestBuy: all sold out
GameStop: all sold out in stores (none have appeared online)
TRU: all sold out online (can preorder in stores April 27)
WalMart: Has not gone live yet
Walgreens: j/k

crimnos

Well, if Amazon is going to happen today, I'd suspect it'll happen in the next hour. I'm starting to think it won't, though, owing to the semi-holiday.

Durden77

Open it. Don't be part of the problem.

My opened Rosalina and Shulk say "hello."

Open it and display or use it instead of scalping it.

Do whatever it is you really want to do. But you should already know the response you'll get in this thread, they'll tell you to open it and the like. Personally I have never opened an amiibo.

Open it. Open them all forever.

I don't knowwwwww!!! I wouldn't scalp him, he would just be the one I kept in mint condition...

But look at him! He looks so left out!

oiCwtUOh.jpg

I already opened Captain Falcon which is probably the only other one I have that's rare....SO CONFLICTED!!

MisterHero

Nintendo trolling amiibo hunters

Lol Shulk is the Amiibo God. I'm getting one, but couldn't the joke be on them? Xenoblade Chronicles 3D might've sold tons if they bundled him exclusively. :p

Jobbs

Banned
Thought this one was funny too:

That's how I feel about Pit, Rosalina, and Villager.

back when pit came out I bought two of him for some reason, and I still a packaged one, and just realized they became rare. maybe I have trade material for jigglypuff now.

I don't knowwwwww!!! I wouldn't scalp him, he would just be the one I kept in mint condition...

oiCwtUOh.jpg

I already opened Captain Falcon which is probably the only other one I have that's rare....SO CONFLICTED!!

I left mine sealed from Dec to the end of Jan. Once I opened them, it felt oh so good and I don't care anymore about mint copies. Only if I have a second copy would I care about it being mint and all.

Well this was annoyed enough I made a video about it on my youtube channel, won't link here as I believe that is against the ToS? (If I'm wrong let me know, I try to not get in trouble XD) but yeah, sick of this shit. Even the Splatoon ones are selling out like crazy they have to do better.

back when pit came out I bought two of him for some reason, and I still a packaged one, and just realized they became rare. maybe I have trade material for jigglypuff now.

If I were you, I would go to target at opening when Jigglypuff is released and see if anyone wants to trade. Or just keep asking here. Good luck!

Oh nm looks like someone here is interested!

I have a Jigglypuff preordered, which I want very much, but I want Greninja more. Anyone who missed out on Puff amd might consider a trade would be welcome if Greninja ends up impossible to get.

Touch

oiCwtUOh.jpg

There's no way I can be bothered trying to keep the boxes in mint condition. Opened with a nice display/case looks better in my opinion if your just going to collect/keep them.

The Finest Brew

Neo Member
Welp, my alarm didn't go off, but it seems I didn't miss much anyways, so I guess I can't complain. Apparently, the Splatoon Amiibos went up on Best Buy though? Am I mistaken?

Nori Chan

We can agree that Rosalina is more popular than Jiggs right? My local target had like 10 people in front of the line at 7 so I'ma be more safer this time around

Durden77

I left mine sealed from Dec to the end of Jan. Once I opened them, it felt oh so good and I don't care anymore about mint copies. Only if I have a second copy would I care about it being mint and all.

Yeah...I wish I had a second one. The only ones I have two of are Mario and Samus lol. Samus is still in the box.

I'll probably end up opening him. He and Falcon are really the ones I wanted the most.

I have a Jigglypuff preordered, which I want very much, but I want Greninja more. Anyone who missed out on Puff amd might consider a trade would be welcome if Greninja ends up impossible to get.
I can try to snag one on the 27th deal they're doing.

I'll take Jigglypuff if I can, since that was one of my main characters when I played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom