• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

And that's why they'll be rare I bet. Less made, people wanting collections, and douches like myself who just ordered it so I could use it to trade for Wave 4 since I didn't get an order in on the rest.

I am figuring the boy will be easy to find, the girl will be uncommon, and the 3 pack will be non existent after the first week.

it will be like the smash brother bundle
game easy to find
controller uncommon
game cube adapter non existent.

That's solid thinking, especially if you're not 100% on board with the game yet. For all I know, my excitement in the game could be misplaced.

I can walk into best buy and get a full refund for my amiibo order if they aren't rare/splatoon sucks. there is no risk ordering right now if you got free shipping. while a wait and see might result in you not being able to get them at retail prices.

anybody know if meijers has had the rares in the past like Ike and what not? I may try to score some amiibo there on launch since they don't take pre orders

I live by a few different Meijer stores and they're always the secret place. They usually get uncommon Amiibo but not many of them.

My guess is that the 3 pack will be non existent and the boy and girl will continue to sell.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Maybe not non-existent but a lot more rare. It'll probably restock sometime around where the game comes out or shortly after.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if this has been posted, but brings in A LOT of insight to the NoA Amiibo situation. Didn't even think about why the exclusives went with those picks.

zulux21

That's kind of what I was thinking. Maybe not non-existent but a lot more rare. It'll probably restock sometime around where the game comes out or shortly after.

don't both the game and the amiibos release on the same day?

I would imagine they would ship pretty much all they have of the splatoon amiibos launch day via preorder and for in store purchase.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Well, missed the 3-pack but at least got the boy and girl characters.

I have a feeling the 3-pack will be more common on other sites by the time the game is released.

Somnid

They have got to be trolling - there is absolutely no way their PR department can be that out of touch.

I don't think people who genuinely read their Twitter for information know much about Xenoblade. It's like that for several Smash characters.

They have got to be trolling - there is absolutely no way their PR department can be that out of touch.

I feel like if they're trolling, it's just the guy who runs the twitter account being a smart ass. I do not find it hard to believe that their PR department are that ignorant.

CH4OS

I feel like I'm doing pretty darn good. It's stressful but the LINE alerts are definitely helping! I have everything secured so far except Jigglypuff. I'll get you, you pink monster...

A huge thanks to all those keeping us informed! Hero Prinny, Geedorah, Jeric, Akim and of course Diggeh just to name a few!

apqQfhR.jpg

weevles

Not sure if this has been posted, but brings in A LOT of insight to the NoA Amiibo situation. Didn't even think about why the exclusives went with those picks.

Yeah, makes sense to me and all was alluded to in multiple threads here. I didn't really think about why what was exclusive to whom, but I wasn't really focused on that either.

shanafan

No matter what they tweet, there will be salt.

"Coming this May - Splatoon"

Replies.. Wii U is dead, no one bought this system
Replies.. Get a PS4.
Replies.. Play COD.

Just a fact of life when companies are on social media.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
That's not really insider information, it's all common knowledge or easily ascertained through common sense.

I wouldn't say it's all common knowledge. I would've had no idea for instance, that even employees only have the same amount of access to items as customers do. It's not exactly "common sense" in that regard, since I've never worked there and every company does things differently.

PM Diggeh or Chaos for the info.
I thought the Line thing was filled up? I remember asking to join a few months back and was told it was full. Should I send a PM now?

anybody know if meijers has had the rares in the past like Ike and what not? I may try to score some amiibo there on launch since they don't take pre orders
I've managed to find a spare DDD and Ike at my nearest Meijer (LP, MI).

Shauni

is it me or does the splatoon one look pretty big?

The Super Mario line is, for the most part, bigger than their Smash counterparts. I'd have to see them side-by-side, but the SM line might be the standard for non-Smash amiibos from this point forward.

Even if I don't get the other wave 4 amiibos besides the Ness I got...I guess I'm pretty happy I got the 3 pack for Splatoon. The character design for those are adorable.

I'm taking my chances on finding the Splatoon amiibos in stores if I end up really wanting them. I can't imagine them being anything but Mario/Peach-level common, considering:

- new Nintendo IP they are promoting hardcore
- only 2 new Smash characters coming out during the entire June-July-August period (more shelf space for Splatoon)
- only 3 different packs rather than the endless stream of Smash characters (higher production %)

They look awesome, and I'm planning on picking up Splatoon, but I can't justify pre-ordering a $35 accessory for a game I haven't even played yet/don't know if I'll enjoy.

So tempting though, lol
This is how I feel too. I'm definitely getting the game, but I don't know what to think of spending $35 to get exclusive gear when I haven't even played the game yet. I probably won't even make full use out of the gear. I'm better off just seeing how rare these will turn out eventually.

Piscus

This is how I feel too. I'm definitely getting the game, but I don't know what to think of spending $35 to get exclusive gear when I haven't even played the game yet. I probably won't even make full use out of the gear. I'm better off just seeing how rare these will turn out eventually.

Keep in mind the future potential use in other games, too. Sure, they're coming out alongside the Splatoon game. But like all other amiibo, they could be used in other games, too!

Durden77

I just got my Little Mac that was sent to my old apartment months ago. Payed regular price for him at launch, and seeing how much he's going for on Amazon makes me tempted not to open him.

I really want to though. I've opened all of my amiibos. What do I do GAF?

I just got my Little Mac that was sent to my old apartment months ago. Payed regular price for him at launch, and seeing how much he's going for on Amazon makes me tempted not to open him.

Open it. Don't be part of the problem.

My opened Rosalina and Shulk say "hello."

Ibuki

Banned

Open it and display or use it instead of scalping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom