• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk2025

Are we expecting Yarn Yoshis to go up in the US any time soon?

Or is the fall release date probably going to keep them from going up for a while?

kirby_fox

Banned
I guess I can always use some of the other stuff for trades here.

Lucario for Greninja, got the 3 pack Splatoon for...some of the rarer ones.

Sigh.

I can assure you Pit and Villager are real but we can continue the quest for Rosalina together, my Amiibro ;__;
We're in this together, whether we're celebrating or crying in a corner over the continued search for the mythical. I would just to see one... ;_;

back when pit came out I bought two of him for some reason, and I still a packaged one, and just realized they became rare. maybe I have trade material for jigglypuff now.
I'd say you certainly do.

fernoca

Received a $5 coupon from TRU, so ordered a Mario from the Super Mario line for $9.

Still disappointed and not been able to preorder anything from Wave 4. Splatoon, Ness...nothing. Wanted everything to actually open and use them. Will see.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I guess I can always use some of the other stuff for trades here.

Lucario for Greninja, got the 3 pack Splatoon for...some of the rarer ones.

Sigh.

At this point it's the only way to survive the amiipocalypse.

Fox Mulder

I left mine sealed from Dec to the end of Jan. Once I opened them, it felt oh so good and I don't care anymore about mint copies. Only if I have a second copy would I care about it being mint and all.

i like the box artwork and colors a lot and have them lined up where I keep my wiiu and games. I have no interest in these as investments, there's just not much of a reason for me to use any. I'm about to start captain toad, but toad's use is probably better held off until you finish the game.

lol, where were these kinds of articles last wave?

I only wanted ness from this wave and put up with gamestop's issues for some official merch. Jigglypuff was a bonus I lucked into at the right time, so I'm good until the fall waves. Which is when the salt will have faded and we'll fall for the same bullshit all over again.

Geg

I haven't paid much attention to amiibos for a while, what's the deal with them this time? Is the release of wave 4 particularly worse than the previous waves or is it just more of the same shit burning people out?

Lum1n3s

I haven't paid much attention to amiibos for a while, what's the deal with them this time? Is the release of wave 4 particularly worse than the previous waves or is it just more of the same shit burning people out?
Think of it like this, get all those rare amiibos that were hard to get and then multiply it by 1000.

Melchior

Had the day off today and spent most of it waiting and refreshing for amazon to post preorders. Please just post it so I can do something productive with my day. :'(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Quick swung by my Meijer for some things & noticed that TOON LINK & SHEIK WERE ON CLEARANCE!

.................for $1 less, so they were $11.99 instead of $12.99.

Aint that cute art? Ika creator made several pieces of Splatoon fanart

I need moar.

1VpyzpNm.png

https://twitter.com/masahiro_lemon/status/530559409429430272

jndjWZOm.png

https://twitter.com/masahiro_lemon/status/479068696996888577

M3tDcOym.png

https://twitter.com/masahiro_lemon/status/476493097484816384

Rizific

so i was thinking, how was gamestop able to have wave 3 pre orders open for as long as they did but wave 4 this time around only available for only a few hours?

Blunoise

Al I have is the samus and the now preorder amiibo boy inkling. I'm kinda glad I have saved the heartache early on to know not to try and get every amiibo like some of you all and feel the burn when there sold out.

kirby_fox

Banned
Quick swung by my Meijer for some things & noticed that TOON LINK & SHEIK WERE ON CLEARANCE!

.................for $1 less, so they were $11.99 instead of $12.99.

A couple weeks ago I was at one and they had a TON of Diddy/Donkey on the same clearance. It took me back to when Diddy was hard to find and people were paying ridic prices.

I wept for them.

vazel

Banned
I just want to say this thread has been an invaluable resource. I would not have gotten my Lucina, Pac-Man and Inkling Girl amiibos last night if it weren't for the timely posting of their links by gaffers. I've now gotten every amiibo I want, I'll only get another if they make an Arwing amiibo(which is a good possibility since Miyamoto wants to see it happen).

I'll post one more time before leaving the thread for the day.

NFM has 20 different amiibos available on their site. Most of them are $8.99 this week. Peach and Donkey Kong are $6.99. LIMIT 1 on all $8.99 ones.

http://www.nfm.com/list.aspx?dsNav=...101|-1|&dsDS=D:amiibo&dsCDS=D:amiibo&q=amiibo

Bowser (SMB) - $8.99
Bowser (Smash) - $8.99
Diddy Kong - $8.99
Donkey Kong - $6.99
Kirby - $8.99
Link - $8.99
Luigi (SMB) - $8.99
Peach (SMB) - $8.99
Peach (Smash) - $6.99
Pikachu - $8.99
Mario (SMB) - $12.77
Mario (Smash) - $8.99
Mega Man - $8.99
Samus - $8.99
Sheik - $8.99
Sonic - $8.99
Toon Link - $8.99
Yoshi (SMB) - $8.99
Yoshi (Smash) - $9.77
Zelda - $8.99

Josh5890

Good evening folks. Just got home from work. I checked and it seems like nothing has changed on Amazon, Walmart, or Gamestop websites. Any new news from the day?

lumber

Good evening folks. Just got home from work. I checked and it seems like nothing has changed on Amazon, Walmart, or Gamestop websites. Any new news from the day?
Splatoon amiibos went up on BB. Other than that, not much since the middle of the night TRU preorders.

All exclusives are done, and BestBuy(splatoon earlier today came and gone), TRU and Gamestop are completely done.

So that leaves Amazon, Walmart and Target for all non exclusives.

Josh5890

Splatoon amiibos went up on BB. Other than that, not much since the middle of the night TRU preorders.

Thanks. I got my Splatoon 3 pk from Gamestop yesterday so I'm good. I saw the TRU chaos this morning but it looks like there will be an in-store pre-order for Greninja at the end of April so I have a shot.

Been out all day, still no amiibos..really want the splatoon pack, pac-man, wario, and whatever else I can get my hands on but those three are the ones I really want

kirby_fox

Banned
this topic needs a little humor

You're right.

What happened when Nintendo asked for more amiibo from it's manufacturer?

They said they were all sold out. GET IT?! BECAUSE NO ONE CAN GET THE AMIIBO...

I'm in a hurry to leave, awkward humor is all I have at the moment.

So I was informed that my local Wal-Mart got 10 Golden Marios in this morning. And apparently, all were bought by ONE person.

So much for enforcing that 1-2 per customer limit.

Any good low impact iPad game recommendations while I play the Amiibo F5 game?

I was thinking of finally trying Plants vs. Zombies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom