• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

CKD5989

Gold Mario still up on Walmart Canada. I'm looking for a North America Rosalina, Lucario or Villager if someones interested in trading for a Gold Mario.

Edit: Add Jigglypuff to that list.

NateDrake

Any good low impact iPad game recommendations while I play the Amiibo F5 game?

I was thinking of finally trying Plants vs. Zombies.

Is there any reason to believe a site will open pre-orders today for Wave 4 (mainly Lucina/Robin)? I'm curious as I don't want to start a movie marathon to end my Friday & miss my chance.

Cormano

this topic needs a little humor

029147c25257a9e637a30badffd539cf1253e42bd6e672d385ef34b24a7b20f3.jpg

Hahaha, makes me feel better about my extra rosalina for trade.

Pick up the new Steven Universe game. GREAT RPG.
I'm not really a fan of the source material.

Is there any reason to believe a site will open pre-orders today for Wave 4 (mainly Lucina/Robin)? I'm curious as I don't want to start a movie marathon to end my Friday & miss my chance.
I think the general consensus is that it's more likely going to happen tonight than over the weekend? I honestly don't know.

Maggots

Banned
Wait, Sheik is considered rare still? There was like 5 of them at my Gamestop yesterday

I've never seen a sheik in store ever. The only sheik I have seen in real life is the one I own. I bet different places have different shortages... or rather varying amounts of supply for certain characters.

LegendX48

So... the best buy page for Lucina says coming soon instead of sold out which, to me, implies that there's still a chance or is this just foolish wishful thinking on my part?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So... the best buy page for Lucina says coming soon instead of sold out which, to me, implies that there's still a chance or is this just foolish wishful thinking on my part?

That's what I said earlier and who knows :/ I'm still keeping my tab open... just in case.

shandy706

I've never seen a sheik in store ever. The only sheik I have seen in real life is the one I own. I bet different places have different shortages... or rather varying amounts of supply for certain characters.

Everyone must have one, lol

I've been trying to hook up anyone that is interested with a $14 shipped, new in box, Sheik.

brinstar

I see Sheik constantly. The other day I walked into Best Buy and saw a ton of Mega Mans and Sonics. I was shocked, but apparently they're much more common now?

LegendX48

There's like a bunch of Shiek amiibos in various stores where I am.

That's what I said earlier and who knows :/ I'm still keeping my tab open... just in case.

I'm doing the same

It's there to fool the latecomers.

Nintendo trolling is bad enough, we don't need retailers doing it too >.>

Just saw a video on youtube where the guy went on a three minute rant about amiibos not being rare, then went to the store and the first thing he does is point out six full rows of Peach, Donkey Kong, Luigi, and Yoshi.

Surprised that guy isn't getting a lot of hate.

Just saw a video on youtube where the guy went on a three minute rant about amiibos not being rare, then went to the store and the first thing he does is point out six full rows of Peach, Donkey Kong, Luigi, and Yoshi.

Surprised that guy isn't getting a lot of hate.

Was it Josh Thomas? I saw that video yesterday and laughed.

They're already doing it with how they're handling this situation. It's almost been 6 months, and both of them still don't know how to handle it.
I think they know how to handle it. Amiibo will be no where near as popular as it is today if it wasn't for the initial Villager/WFT/Marth discontinuation. In fact, those were still on shelves until that announcement.

Then people got worried and started preordering for Wave 2. Shit hit the fan with Wave 3, and now everyone remotely interested in gaming knows about it, and here we are at the Wave 4 troubles. To be honest, I don't think the JP/EU restocks will add much to the market because they still want to maintain hype for the Smash series amiibo. Once Duck Hunt, Falco, ROB and Mr G&W are out, I think they'll manufacture a lot more of most of them.

I've never signed up to Amazon's item notification thing. About how quickly do they send emails notifying you of their availability? If it's reasonably quick I'd rather do that than f5 the page all night :(

Snaku

Banned
I've never signed up to Amazon's item notification thing. About how quickly do they send emails notifying you of their availability? If it's reasonably quick I'd rather do that than f5 the page all night :(

You'll get a notification several minutes after it sells out. It's not fast enough.

lumber

Question. How the hell do you take the sticker thing off?
What sticker thing?

The wooden piece that holds the bat slides out and the piece of plastic that holds the ball comes right off. (It is held in place with like rubber cement and I just twisted it right off.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom