• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

*add to cart*

"There are currently no items in your cart"

rmdSxh.jpg

Soul Beat

What sticker thing?

The wooden piece that holds the bat slides out and the piece of plastic that holds the ball comes right off. (It is held in place with like rubber cement and I just twisted it right off.)
Well, more like the paper that's in front on the glass. It leaves residue.

ash321

Oh my fking god, I have an greninja in the cart since 8 am but can check out, now it transform into a freaking charizard. Fk you TRU. It was my last hope.
P/s and I can't even preorder the charizard. Where is god ? I want to talk to him right now.

Etzer

"This product is temporarily not for sale
Expected Release Date: 2015-05-31"

BUT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CHECKOUT FOR 13 MINUTES

LostAnkh

I think they know how to handle it. Amiibo will be no where near as popular as it is today if it wasn't for the initial Villager/WFT/Marth discontinuation. In fact, those were still on shelves until that announcement.

Then people got worried and started preordering for Wave 2. Shit hit the fan with Wave 3, and now everyone remotely interested in gaming knows about it, and here we are at the Wave 4 troubles. To be honest, I don't think the JP/EU restocks will add much to the market because they still want to maintain hype for the Smash series amiibo. Once Duck Hunt, Falco, ROB and Mr G&W are out, I think they'll manufacture a lot more of most of them.
I don't think they're popular because of the rare amiibo(far from it), but that they're popular because they're great figure representations of our favorite Nintendo characters. Not only do they compliment their characters, but the wide assortment of Nintendo games that bring more value to their application.

As for Wave 6, I highly doubt they'll put any effort in producing enough, because how they looking at these characters. One of them is going to be a new game, fine, but the others are beyond retired and haven't had a game in years.

Josh5890

The reddit Amiibo Swap has a ton of people who have Gold Mario and are looking to trade for something else. Makes me wonder how rare that amiibo really is.

zulux21

The reddit Amiibo Swap has a ton of people who have Gold Mario and are looking to trade for something else. Makes me wonder how rare that amiibo really is.

I would imagine that it's just popular to trade right now because it's the most recent more rare one and thus a number of people that are willing to part with him is still high.

Slermy

Yeah, they're re-printing them. Little Mac too. I don't think NA has been confirmed to get more, but I think it's implied?

Hobbun

Yeah, they're re-printing them. Little Mac too. I don't think NA has been confirmed to get more, but I think it's implied?

I hope so. I'm more particular than others, I want NA packaging.

I had heard rumors awhile back that Marth was going to be re-released.

Moshio

Neo Member
For those that got the "Temporary Suspension" email from Toys R Us, have any of you gotten that resolved yet by calling them?

Gusto

Some guy here offered me his 2 gold Mario. He's all I need and after hearing the price, I was like NOPE. Sorry, I'm not down with eBay prices.

I wonder if GameStop will regular preorder next shipment of Marth.

What they did yesterday was nothing short of spectacularly moronic.

maxcriden

I want my first ever amiibo in the form of Yarn Yoshi bc it's cute and cuddleable. So, how hard will it be to find if I'm okay with a game + amiibo bundle? I'm in NA.

Alex

That Gamestop stuff is the worst for me. I can handle going in on opening on the weekend for a Target or something, it's not far and I'm usually up anyway but Gamestop opening it up in the middle of the day on a Thursday is really shit, it's like they want to target unemployed scalpers.

NMFried

This is insane. Snagged the Splatoon 3-pack and Pac-Man from Best Buy.

Also got Greninja, Charizard and Lucina from Toys R Us last night.

Ness is coming from a fellow GAFer.

Wario will probably be common, so now it's time to worry about Robin and Jigglypuff.

That Gamestop stuff is the worst for me. I can handle going in on opening on the weekend for a Target or something, it's not far and I'm usually up anyway but Gamestop opening it up in the middle of the day on a Thursday is really shit, it's like they want to target unemployed scalpers.

Totally agree.

I want my first ever amiibo in the form of Yarn Yoshi bc it's cute and cuddleable. So, how hard will it be to find if I'm okay with a game + amiibo bundle? I'm in NA.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you'll have any problems. In fact, in my personal opinion, NoA is holding Yoshi's Wooly World back until fall in order to have more than enough Amiibo to go around. Any Mario-related figures (outside of Rosalina) have been very common and easy to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom