• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Finest Brew

Neo Member
I remember there was a point where I wanted a Hyrule Warriors run of Amiibo. Considering how they're treating this run, I'm p. sure a HW run would be Nintendo World exclusive for even just Link. :/

I want my first ever amiibo in the form of Yarn Yoshi bc it's cute and cuddleable. So, how hard will it be to find if I'm okay with a game + amiibo bundle? I'm in NA.
You'll probably be okay for that one, but never say never.

I thought I'd be able to go to GameStop casually and preorder Robin like I did with Shulk, and I went early the day of and got screwed.

DooD1234

I know it was late because I was busy at work but I managed to snag splatoon 3 pack on time on BB and got the GCU discount thanks to Line during my break. Also preorder splatoon because why not.

Now that said, has any other preorder for Robin and Lucina went up? What about the other exclusives?

Also Diggeh, if you're reading this, you should have blasted that Line chat like a alarm clock so I could have preordered that Greninja!

Regiruler

That Gamestop stuff is the worst for me. I can handle going in on opening on the weekend for a Target or something, it's not far and I'm usually up anyway but Gamestop opening it up in the middle of the day on a Thursday is really shit, it's like they want to target unemployed scalpers.
I was completely free but screw me for not paying attention to twitter and wanting to play my wii u while I could.

If I was more spontaneous I wouldn't have had to deal with this as the splatoon pack apparently lasted longer at GS.
I know it was late because I was busy at work but I managed to snag splatoon 3 pack on time on BB and got the GCU discount thanks to Line during my break. Also preorder splatoon because why not.

Now that said, has any other preorder for Robin and Lucina went up? What about the other exclusives?

Also Diggeh, if you're reading this, you should have blasted that Line chat like a alarm clock so I could have preordered that Greninja!
Wait, BB has inklong pre-order?

Boogiepop

Mario line Mario has yet to show up on Best Buy. Which is a minor thing compared to all the other nonsense going on, though that's a bit annoying as I've waiting for him so I can finish that line (except Gold Mario, who's the first amiibo I have no interest in bothering with. Don't need any repaints, much less having to spend the effort to track it down).

Hello fellow amiibo hunters. Just wanted to make a post and say its truly been complete disaster with pre orders. My GAF account just got approved. So i figure why not join with all the madness happening. I'm not out to get everyone, just the ones i like. But now a friend of mine wants me to get him robin and lucina.... Who are sitting in my toysrus cart along with greninja and charizard... The pain.....

But during my hunt I ended up with a second US roslina.... It has a crease at the bottom. But otherwise perfect....
At the moment the only thing i'm looking for is ness...

All I have left to say is where are you amazon?

I don't really think so, I think he's fairly clueless when it comes to most things. I would hope that's not what Nintendo is trying to go after anyway.

Ignorance sometimes makes the best customers.

"We have plenty of amiibos! Come buy a Mario or Yoshi please even though you came all this way for another character in a less popular game to us!"

Expecting that the cards will be everywhere and will be praised as the solution to the Amiibo problems.

The Finest Brew

Neo Member
Also, how likely would it be that I'd be able to trade an unopened US Captain Falcon and Sonic for a Ness, do you guys think? Trying to gauge if I have any good chance of at least getting him via trades.

Briarios

The one thing I will say to everyone worrying about availability ... we should probably wait until they release so we can see the retail availability. I don't have a lot of hope, but maybe there will be more stock than we expect.

weevles

Did I miss my chance at bestbuy for the inkling?

Is it possible to pre-order in store still?

Yes.

No.

Historically does Amazon put preorders up close to when other retailers do?

No one knows.

The one thing I will say to everyone worrying about availability ... we should probably wait until they release so we can see the retail availability. I don't have a lot of hope, but maybe there will be more stock than we expect.

Well, there has to be in-store stock for sure. I think we have a reasonable idea of which will be the "commons" (Wario/Charizard/PacMan) versus the rares (Lucina/Robin)...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/02/jigglypuff-amiibo-will-be-exclusive-to-target

Not sure if it has been posted already but Target told IGN that Jigglypuff will be available in stores on May 29th, probably similar to Rosalina.

Makes sense.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned

See I would back this, but do you remember how wave 3 went down? Freaking amiibos came out on random ass days, so when you say "release" that not what you mean I think. I think what you mean is when ever the hell they decided they'll sale them in a launch window

I wish I had that kind of confidence in Nintendo.

After they literally retweeted Gamestop's apology for the whole mess and that was basically their only statement on the subject, I really don't think they care all too much.

This is lunch money for them.

DooD1234

I was completely free but screw me for not paying attention to twitter and wanting to play my wii u while I could.

If I was more spontaneous I wouldn't have had to deal with this as the splatoon pack apparently lasted longer at GS.

Wait, BB has inklong pre-order?
Yeah, it went up. Think it gone now. Strange though, I don't have an email confirmation but it still on my account as well as an authorization charge. I think I'll be alright.

[Write your predictions!]
Common
- Inkling Boy
- Inkling Girl
- Wario
- Charizard
Semi Rare
- Pacman
- Ness
Rare
- Robin
- Greninja
Unicorn
- Jigglypuff
- Lucina
- Splatoon 3-Pack

Brian★;158761792 said:
Common
- Wario
- Charizard
Semi Rare
- Pacman
- Ness
Rare
- Robin
Unicorn
- Jigglypuff
- Lucina

Needs more Greninja.

Anyway my predictions:

Common:
Charizard
Wario

Uncommon:
Pac-Man

Rare:
Robin
Lucina

Unicorn:
The exclusives

Christopher

Anyone want Greninja for Puff?

Or does anyone have an extra Jigglypuff I'm suprised no one PMed me I helped 4 people get Pitts and 2 Rosalinas :/

Briarios

See I would back this, but do you remember how wave 3 went down? Freaking amiibos came out on random ass days, so when you say "release" that not what you mean I think. I think what you mean is when ever the hell they decided they'll sale them in a launch window

It seems like they're planning to release them all on the 29th this time ... well, seems like. We'll see. It would be nice if they were, so people could plan ...

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Isn't everything gone?

Also, I doubt it but does Amazon JP do international shipping by chance?

CDs and books only (directly sold and shipped by Amazon.co.jp). For amiibos, you'll have to use a forwarding service.

weevles

Common: Wario/Charizard/Pac-Man/Splatoon singles
Uncommon: Splatoon 3 pack/Ness/Greninja/Jigglypuff
Rare: Robin
Unicorn: Lucina

I think the Exclusives will be uncommon just because they have to make a decent amount for in-store, but they could be rare. Lucina seems more popular than Robin so she appears to be a tough get.

Brian★;158761792 said:
Common
- Inkling Boy
- Inkling Girl
- Wario
- Charizard
Semi Rare
- Pacman
- Ness
Rare
- Robin
- Splatoon 3-Pack
Unicorn
- Jigglypuff
- Lucina
- Greninja
You pretty much (and very likely) nailed it but I'll switch Greninja and the Splatoon 3-Pack just for the heck of it,

Regiruler

Brian★;158762740 said:
Only for Books and CDs. You'll need a forwarding service (Tenso, BigInJapan)

Which of the two would you say is better overall?
The yen is actually weaker than I thought so the amiibo themselves are actually cheaper, it just depends on how much the forwarding costs.

illgrillchill

Neo Member
Can someone help me with explaining how the shipping works for Amazon Japan? (I saw a previous post but am a bit confused).

So they don't ship to the US, but you use a proxy company?

Is that safe/guaranteed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom