• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
No no no we're talking about the login/account only. Some were saying they couldn't use their US/West login account for Japan, but dallow and I have no such issue.

I've been able to use my US account on Amazon Japan for years, having imported the most recent Persona magazine just last month. I can't import amiibo, but I've been able to get Blu-rays, CDs and books since forever.

Also, when I tried to order the Persona 4 Dancing All Night vita bundle, I was forced to use a forwarding service, though I bought and paid for it with my own CC.

Again, they won't let you import video games and accessories, but you can still use your account.

Don't do it Diggeh/Ch4os!

No more people to steal Jigglypuffs away from me.

No more!

spideytobey4.gif

Such an ugly face.

Only one of those were sold at my GS.

The worst part was that I had to wait in line and right behind me were two scalpers. They said they could make so much off them, they were checking ebay listings of past amiibos....

They couldn't wait and left 30 minutes in....
Glad they didn't get anything. But I didn't either...

RootCause

I've been able to use my US account on Amazon Japan for years, having imported the most recent Persona magazine just last month. I can't import amiibo, but I've been able to get Blu-rays, CDs and books since forever.

Also, when I tried to order the Persona 4 Dancing All Night vita bundle, I was forced to use a forwarding service, though I bought and paid for it with my own CC.

Again, they won't let you import video games and accessories, but you can still use your account.
Dunno about ordering, but it doesn't let me sign in with my account.

RootCause

The worst part was that I had to wait in line and right behind me were two scalpers. They said they could make so much off them, they were checking ebay listings of past amiibos....

They couldn't wait and left 30 minutes in....
Glad they didn't get anything. But I didn't either...
I haven't come across a scalper yet, but I despise them just by reading the stories, and seeing some of the crazy listings.

Dunno about ordering, but it doesn't let me sign in with my account.

That's odd as the Amazon account is usual for the most part.

I've ordered from Amazon France and Amazon UK as well with my account.

Only thing I had to do for each account was add my CC since that doesn't transfer over.

I haven't come across a scalper yet, but I despise them just by reading the stories, and seeing some of the crazy listings.

Apparently my local gamestop has a known scalper who's a woman in her 70s. Was very upset when she found out she could only get one of each. Claimed they would never sell out that way.

weevles

Yeah I know that. Again, the comments by dallow and I were just about the universal account, not importing certain items from Japan.

Edit: rootcause is saying he can't login with his account for the Japan site...

Yeah I know that. Again, the comments by dallow and I were just about the universal account, not importing certain items from Japan.

I read a bit further and see that it's changed apparently. Everyone else I know that has an Amazon account has been able to order from other countries with no problems so it's the first I've heard of it until now.

So my apologies for not understanding what was going on for some people.

RootCause

Apparently my local gamestop has a known scalper who's a woman in her 70s. Was very upset when she found out she could only get one of each. Claimed they would never sell out that way.
That's very sweet of her. You see! Not all scalpers are bad. She just wants to help them sell the amiibos.

Bog

Junior Ace
As long as I actually get my extra Jiggly, I'd trade him/her for a Greninja. Sorry, friend at work...

Phu

Banned
I can log in on those, it's just jp.
I think they're right about the changes. Maybe you had the account before the change.

In any case, you can just sign up for a Japan account with a non-Japan address and everything.

I have an Amazon US and Amazon JP account with the same email and everything just fine.

weevles

I'm hopeful of getting Jigglypuff in store. I did have an opportunity to get Rosalina in store but for some reason I passed. I must've just got there after a restock 'cause there were a good number of her. Obviously I'm regretting that decision now lol. T_T

I'm hopeful of getting Jigglypuff in store. I did have an opportunity to get Rosalina in store but for some reason I passed. I must've just got there after a restock 'cause there were a good number of her. Obviously I'm regretting that decision now lol. T_T

I have a roslina. Willing to trade or have it bought.

VICI0US

welp I F5'd this thread all day through my 12 hour shift.

managed to buy the splatoon 3 pack before best buy sold out, no luck with the rest of wave 4 though.

really hope amazon puts up their pre-orders over the weekend, hopefully not randomly at 2 AM.

maxcriden

I could be wrong, but I don't think you'll have any problems. In fact, in my personal opinion, NoA is holding Yoshi's Wooly World back until fall in order to have more than enough Amiibo to go around. Any Mario-related figures (outside of Rosalina) have been very common and easy to find.

You'll probably be okay for that one, but never say never.

I thought I'd be able to go to GameStop casually and preorder Robin like I did with Shulk, and I went early the day of and got screwed.

Alright, that sounds good. Thanks guys!

Anime

Neo Member
So who here is trying thier luck on the 27th? Online should go up again by then assuming thier entire allocation isnt gone already.

I see people talkin trades... i need a jiggly or greninja and Id be willing to trade any of my non exclusive wave 4 (sans ness) and/or shulk to get them.

We trade talkin' now?

I have Club Nintendo Platinum status I'd be willing to trade for an amiibo... that's a Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze download code right there (which is by far the best reward they have on Platinum, as it's one of the best platformers ever created in human history).

Though maybe I should sit on this idea for now in case I can't get a favorite Gen 6 Pokey Greninja or favorite 2014 Waifu Lucina :(

Feels bad man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom