• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geedorah

Willing to trade
Ness, NiB NA Marth,
3-pack Splatoon, or Goldie Mario for
Greninja
- if we are all dumping our purses out.

edit:

Ness and Marth have been claimed pending trades - but if anyone wants to work something out, I am still looking for Shulk or Metaknight, any region (even open already, I don't mind, I want those two to play with)

Christopher

I can't believe I got Greninja too I literay just looked at my phone because I had overtime and you guys were all ordering him you literally have to be so lucky

I got a NA roslina for trade..... I REALLY don't want it.
Willing to trade. If anyone one has a extra ness.

I want it to go to someone who wants it... Was thinking about ebay but I don't want to around scalpers...

Regiruler

Girl is sold out on amazon jp. Ugh.

Not sure if I should just buy the squid at this point and try to find the boy and girl single.

Jobbs

Banned
since this is what we're talking about... I have spare NIB/NA rosalina, shulk, gold mario, and meta knight, any of which I'd trade for a jigglypuff or ness.

Fox Mulder

I could be wrong, but I don't think you'll have any problems. In fact, in my personal opinion, NoA is holding Yoshi's Wooly World back until fall in order to have more than enough Amiibo to go around. Any Mario-related figures (outside of Rosalina) have been very common and easy to find.

I dont. They released Kirby and codename steam with features tied to amiibos you can't get.

There's nothing until the holidays after splatoon, delaying yoshi for amiibos would be odd.

TheGrue

Here are pictures of it....
CBteIAtVEAAp8od.jpg

CBteMmxVEAAm2lu.jpg

I think you should evacuate your house. It is clearly filled with smoke and on fire.

Man, seeing people with spares for trade makes me bummed that I have nothing worth trading -- just whatever I bought for myself, and almost nothing rare and new.

Aquila

I still haven't gotten a confirmation or even a "Unable to process order-" email from TRU for Greninja. Am I right to assume that I'm SoL?

Erekiddo

Swapping a Greninja for a Ness. Feels good.

I was #9 in line at GameStop when preorders went up, but left after an hour when the first guy was still at the counter.

How long did the servers issues last that day?

Geedorah

I was #9 in line at GameStop when preorders went up, but left after an hour when the first guy was still at the counter.

It took me 2.5 hours, I got there 15min early. It was a brutal brutal day.

Also - thx for helping me set up that trade :)

Erekiddo

It took me 2.5 hours, I got there 15min early. It was a brutal brutal day.

Also - thx for helping me set up that trade :)

Yeah, that's crazy. I had other stuff to do that day.

And no problem! I happened to look at my phone right when TRU put them up. I have no interest but grabbed one to trade with a Gaffer.

I dont. They released Kirby and codename steam with features tied to amiibos you can't get.

There's nothing until the holidays after splatoon, delaying yoshi for amiibos would be odd.

Yes, but these Amiibo are being made specifically to promote this title. Not having a decent amount ready for its launch would be pretty pointless. And Yoshi is almost done, which is why it's releasing everywhere else in June.

By releasing it in EU and Japan first, they can spend the summer manufacturing plenty of yarn Amiibo for NA. Of course, it still likely won't be nearly enough, but at least they'll have more than they would have if all regions were receiving the game at the same time.

Edit - Oh wait, I'm not sure about the game's Japanese release date. Maybe it's in June or maybe it's fall. The game is definitely out in Europe at the end of June though, that much I'm sure about.

Fox Mulder

Yes, but these Amiibo are being made specifically to promote this title. Not having a decent amount ready for its launch would be pretty pointless. And Yoshi is almost done, which is why it's releasing everywhere else in June.

Welcome to almost the entirety of amiibo existence. I just have zero faith in them at this point, and would hate if a fun looking game is delayed months just for amiibos that will likely still be fucked given history.

Geedorah

That makes me fell a little less awful about missing it.

A little.

Absolute luck I got one. Only kicking myself for not seeing it was limit 2 and getting the max (I like to keep retailer exclusives sealed, and get dupes for playing with). By the time I realized, it had sold out - but that one is entirely due to LINEGaf and needing to wake up for a conference call.

OMFG, this is perfect

Kitoro

They were finally able to slowly checkout orders after about 55 minutes into the hour at my store. And I mean slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom