• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really lucked out today. Granddad had a massive stroke, and while getting his catscan to see how bad the brain damage was, the preorder for the Splatoon 3-pack went up on Best Buy. As a result, I was able to step into the lobby and grab it. Yippie!

it's sad I have to say this is a joke. anyway, I hope amazon goes up tomorrow. I need lucina, robin, and the 3-pack. if i get the 3-pack, that'll excuse for the lack of Ness for the boy.

Based on what has happened, we should probably let the requests chill so Diggeh can regain his sanity.

I want in as well, but sadly I didn't realize that I wasn't helping with the traffic.
We have no sanity left...

On the topic of Line, I didn't even know any more could join. A few months back I was told it was all full and I couldn't get in. I'm not going to PM now but I'm happy to see I can when I can.

Insaniac

Really lucked out today. Granddad had a massive stroke, and while getting his catscan to see how bad the brain damage was, the preorder for the Splatoon 3-pack went up on Best Buy. As a result, I was able to step into the lobby and grab it. Yippie!

it's sad I have to say this is a joke. anyway, I hope amazon goes up tomorrow. I need lucina, robin, and the 3-pack. if i get the 3-pack, that'll excuse for the lack of Ness for the boy.

sorry to hear friend, my sympathies go out to you and your family :(

zulux21

There is nothing unethical about selling your own goods at fair market value. The main issue people have is people who buy them with no intent other than that, I'm a game collector myself and I don't ever WANT to sell them, but if I ever need to, you bet your ass i'll get every penny I can. Your well being is more important than someones apparently very disposable cash to them.

indeed, heck I treat my game collection as an alternate investment/emergency fund. If things get desperate you can bet I would sell my NisA limited edition collection.

Converse

Banned
Essentially that's the assumptions based on the fact Splatoon seems to be an important new IP for them and not having the Amiibo readily available would lead to a much less ideal launch.

That's what I was figuring, thanks. I've got a lock on Ness, and him the Splatoon Inklings are the only announced amiibo I plan on adding to the collection. I'd love the three-pack, mostly for the in-game content, but I can live without the squid, if need be. Those Inkling amiibo are just too great looking, and I'm enamored with the design of the Inklings.

Also, is anyone else really excited that the days of ridiculous see-through plastic security stands are behind us?

GeekComplex

Neo Member
I feel great shame for buying an Ike amiibo for $34. :(

Hell, between Best Buy and Targets shipping cost for single amiibo buys it's hardly a bad price in comparison.
It seems the sudden rush to grab up Wave 4 amiibo on ebay are slightly driving down the cost of those previously ending near twice that.

ZugZug123

Just dropping by to thank this thread. Helped me get my Toad amiibo yesterday from Amazon at list price and also convinced me to go to GS on Wed instead of staying on my desk and hoping they would put Ness on their website.

Great for commiserating too :)

Now monitoring Amazon like crazy for Lucina.

Insaniac

Out of curiosity, did ANYONE nab lucina or robin yesterday when Toys r Us went up? Just how long was the window? Gotta figure out just how vigilant i need to be :(

CKD5989

Out of curiosity, did ANYONE nab lucina or robin yesterday when Toys r Us went up? Just how long was the window? Gotta figure out just how vigilant i need to be :(

I got them both and that was after putting in my order for Greninja. I would say the window was 3 - 5 mins. Once the links got posted on the thread I moved very quickly.

Edit: Also been noticing people mentioning Ike. I have a EU Ike that is NIB if anyone is interested.

AdanVC

The good thing about Ness being sold out in micro-seconds is that we finally going to get Mother 3 officially localized and Mother 4 for Wii U and NX next year. Can't wait.

CorvoSol

I honestly don't know if I did. I have the paypal transaction for them confirmed, but I never got an e-mail from TRU about it, and the TRU rep I spoke to last night said the system was so swamped that you couldn't even look up whether or not I had to fix it because the preorders were just crazy. It's been nearly 24 hours and no confirmation from TRU. I'd give up on it, except that the rep left me believing that since I had the paypal transaction pending my preorders were, in fact, in the system.

THIS IS THE AMIIBO LIFE NOW.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
indeed, heck I treat my game collection as an alternate investment/emergency fund. If things get desperate you can bet I would sell my NisA limited edition collection.

I could never do that :( As a hardcore LE collector I could never let go of my precious....

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Preface: Tinfoil hat suggested before continuing.
Redditor said GameStop system no longer lists any SKU from this wave except Ness.
As we know, GameStop never put their pre-orders online, and the SKUs used were in-store only SKUs...
Essestially my theory is GameStop are prepping for a more formal listing of Wave 4 amiibo (Ness aside, who in this nightmare scenario would remain in-store exclusive) with a potential second batch to sell. That bit is ENTIRELY speculation on my part.
I did also see an alleged letter sent to employees of GS from corporate apologizing for putting them through it, and no mention of stock in there whatsoever, just that they didn't anticipate so much traffic.

Jawmuncher

I EᗪITEᗪ IT OᑌT TO ᔕO TᕼᗩT I ᗪIᗪᑎ'T KIᒪᒪ ᗪIGGEᖇ.

I'ᗰ Oᑎ Iᑭᗩᗪ ᗩᑎᗪ TᕼE KEYᗷOᗩᖇᗪ Iᔕ ᗩᑕTIᑎG ᑌᑭ

Hello everyone,

I'm going to be in Tokyo next week and I will be on an amiibo hunt. Can anyone recommend any specific stores in the Akihabara area that would be a good place to look for amiibos? Or any other stores elsewhere that would be worth checking out?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

HiroTSK5

That font is neato

GeekComplex

Neo Member

I laughed really hard at this and then got a little jealous I can't type like that.

EDIT:

Say, you don't suppose the lack of Target pre-orders is directly related to their BOGO 40% off deal on Amiibo running through saturday?
This would also answer why the new Mario isn't able to be bought online just yet.

I was on it very fast, and here's what happened:

1. Added Greninja
2. Added Robin
3. Added Lucina... wait, Lucina isn't adding? what the heck?
4. Tried to add Lucina like 10 more times
5. Okay fuck it I'll just buy Robin and Greninja
6. Oh fuck where's my credit card?! (ran into other room to get it)
7. Okay now I have my credit card
8. Payment succeeded... wait, where did Robin go?

:\

Good god, Amiibo-GAF is so supportive. Like I mentioned before, I HOPE it doesn't come to that... but if it does, Amiibo-GAF will get first picks.

In a related note, I'd love to show my support for this community if someone wants to amiibo-fy my avatar. Nintendo and amiibos themselves can fuck right off - it's this group of dedicated GAFfers that makes any of this insane bullshit even slightly bearable.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

AwAR2pY.png

HiroTSK5

Gaf was quiet for 10 minutes and I freaked out because I thought pre-orders went up on one of the shops and I didn't know which one it was.

PsychBat!

Banned
Think I'll join amiiboGAF. I already had a damn hard time trying to get through the gamestop line. And it sounds like you guys also went through some hard times.

Insaniac

There will be a pause between this and the next wave, and everyone will recuperate... and then they'll announce a cotton-candy Kirby Amiibo.

I'm just glad we were spared the clay kirby amiibos... for now.

Think I'll join amiiboGAF. I already had a damn hard time trying to get through the gamestop line. And it sounds like you guys also went through some hard times.

Welcome, we can wallow in our sorrow together

Say, you don't suppose the lack of Target pre-orders is directly related to their BOGO 40% off deal on Amiibo running through saturday?
This would also answer why the new Mario isn't able to be bought online just yet.

TRU is doing a BOGO sale too, didn't stop them. They just need a little piece of text that says it doesn't include preorders and it's done.

BigBossJelly

Neo Member
I just got done playing some Smash friendlies with some people on campus and was afraid I'd miss preorders, looks like I haven't yet....but now I'm too afraid to go get food in fear of missing it xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom