• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think its just the exclusives we need to worry about. With stores like Toys R Us enforcing 1 amiibo character per customer, we should be OK.

Soul Beat

Yo those SMTxFE amiibos will be the start of WWIII.
The tension's already rising...
NEeuPMl.gif

NateDrake

Is there something to base Amazon going up at 3am? I don't want to stay awake for another 2hrs for no reason. Help me, Amiibros.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Sadly, there's no way I can stay up a minute later. Got work to do in the morning. Congrats to all who will snag Amazon pre-orders 15 minutes after I go to bed.

Enforcer

This endless wait is making me jittery. I have to keep myself occupied while waiting for Amazon, so I've amiibo'd my avatar.

Now that that's done, I need to find something else to do while ruining the F5 key on my keyboard. I suppose I could sleep, but what if Amazon puts up preorders while I'm asleep? O_O

Hypothetically, let's say Amazon put up Wave 4, Splatoon, and Yarn up at once.
What do you get first?

Pac-man is really the only one I want from wave 4. I'd have to grab him, the Splatoon 3 pack, and then blue, green, and pink Yarn Yoshis, in that order. I really want the blue Yarn Yoshi, and I kinda want the green one two... and if I'm gonna get those two, I might as well get the last one to complete the set. Its like a sickness, and the only cure is more cowbell amiibo.

Managed to get my pre order at gamestop for Pac Man, the Splatoon 3 pack, and Ness. Couldn't get the FE duo and Wario, which is what I want to get next.
The one I really want the most is Lucina. I feel like Wario will be easy to get, and although i want Robin, he's not a priority in comparison to Lucina.
Anyone know where I could find one for under $30?

What do you get first?
pink yarn yoshi is true love, pink yarn yoshi is true life

blue yarn yoshi is "you're at least a 7 on the scale, you'll do just fine" love, blue yarn yoshi is "you're at least a 7 on the scale, you'll do just fine" life

green yarn yoshi is "i'll divorce you before I'm 30" love, green yarn yoshi is "i'll divorce you before I'm 30" life

weevles

I'm shooting for one amiibo and one amiibo only. I'm not getting cart-jacked fumbling around for all the Wave 4 SKUs again like I did with TRU.

skaflone721

Neo Member
I'm shooting for one amiibo and one amiibo only. I'm not getting cart-jacked fumbling around for all the Wave 4 SKUs again like I did with TRU.

Yep. Shipping is not even a factor anymore for me, which is usually why I fumble about to reach a limit.

Missed Lucina on BB and TRU specifically because I was fumbling about. Could have gotten both easily had I just went straight for checkout.

zulux21

What do you get first?

that's easy, robin and female marth. the answer would be the same even if I didn't already get splatoon preordered earlier today on best buy... and I don't care about the yoshis so yeah.

BigBossJelly

Neo Member
Decided just to order a pizza instead of just going out to eat. I'm just going to cuddle with my Sylveon pillow and hang out with you guys til Pre-orders xD

Also I'm definitely going for Lucina and Robin first no question. Blue Yarn Yoshi is a bonus!

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Silly question
How many people here besides me are collecting Amiibo without yet owning a WiiU or New3DS?
I doubt I'm alone, just curious what the breakdown really is between those who collect to collect and those who collect to utilize/collect.

Converse

Banned
Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood Converse that tomorrow (Saturday the 4th) is the last day of Target's 25% off amiibo sale. The regular $12.99 figs are reduced to $9.74 and the $9.99 amiibo (if you can find them) are $7.49.

I finally snagged the Smash versions of Mario and Luigi for $20 total. Feels good to have the Bros bookend my collection, and I tell you what, those are two underrated figures. I love the detailed denim stitching, Mario's painted-on lighting, and the overall weirdness of Luigi.

BigBossJelly

Neo Member
Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood Converse that tomorrow (Saturday the 4th) is the last day of Target's 25% off amiibo sale. The regular $12.99 figs are reduced to $9.74 and the $9.99 amiibo (if you can find them) are $7.49.

I finally snagged the Smash versions of Mario and Luigi for $20 total. Feels good to have the Bros bookend my collection, and I tell you what, those are two underrated figures. I love the detailed denim stitching, Mario's painted-on lighting, and the overall weirdness of Luigi.

Might have to pick up Sheik tomorrow

Touch

Silly question
How many people here besides me are collecting Amiibo without yet owning a WiiU or New3DS?
I doubt I'm alone, just curious what the breakdown really is between those who collect to collect and those who collect to utilize/collect.
My brother doesn't own either and is starting to collect them.

Salamando

Intentionally cancelled my Robin preorder at BB. Realized I didn't actually want him. I think I'm at a weird point where I enjoy the hunt more than the Amiibo themselves...or maybe I've just gone mad.
Still got Lucina on pre-order though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom