• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Horizon-

What is the advantage of LINE over this thread? Seems like the latest updates always appear here quickly!
If you put the Line app on your phone, when someone posts in the release thread, you'll get a notification so that you don't have to keep hovering over this thread 24/7.

Just got a notification from nowinstock for Jigglypuff, but it's not showing in stock.
nowinstock is not a good choice if you want something on time and accurate

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Before this wave, I was resisting the urge.
I had not bought a single amiibo...
This thread is so fantastic, and all of you so fun to hang around here with, that I just couldn't hold out any longer.
My name is Tyler and I am an addict.
D72xUD6.jpg

Hikami

I've been refreshing Amazon's page for Lucina all day today and yesterday..
Hope I can actually get her :I

the only amiibo I want really

skaflone721

Neo Member
She's up on Target's site, but she can't be pre-ordered.

I guess this means that the other non-exclusive Wave 4 Amiibos are incoming as well. Prepare yourselves, AmiiboGAF.

Jigglypuff had been sold out since yesterday actually. Target will just put up the rest randomly one day.

Since you guys all seem so cool I figured maybe you would want to see my custom painted Mega Man Amiibo set my girlfriend did for me. Bonus Meat Boy and Big Daddy!

P08u01Ym.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
What is the advantage of LINE over this thread? Seems like the latest updates always appear here quickly!

We have a fun chatroom with stickers. That's it. A lot of people were very rude to us saying that LINE was ruining the thread, but we have as much a chance as everyone else.

MY LINE IS FREEZING AND I AM DYING

ash321

We have a fun chatroom with stickers. That's it. A lot of people were very rude to us saying that LINE was ruining the thread, but we have as much a chance as everyone else.

Sorry man, i also want to join the group but after seeing this, i will just use nowinstock.

shanafan

I must admit, I had some pretty good luck with this thread the past couple days with amiibo preorders. Grant it, I have a desk job at work so I can always have this tab open!

So here's an interesting ethical dilemma question, Amiibo-GAF.

I'm losing my job at the end of May, and I have several hundred dollars of student loan repayment due every month. I have enough in savings to survive about three months of unemployment, but I just got to thinking - I have 12 amiibo (the rarest being Villager and Rosalina... everything else being uncommon or common), but they are all unopened.

If I get super desperate, how shitty would it be of me to resell my collection at an above market-value price? I realized that this might ACTUALLY be a legitimate source of income for me to skate by for another month, if it comes down to it. Obviously this would be a super last resort type of deal (so hopefully this question only ever stays as a hypothetical), but I'm wondering what this community's thoughts on it would be, because I have specifically cursed the scalper cause with a fucking furious aggression since last November. The last thing I would want to do is betray Amiibo-GAF's ideals when this community has been nothing but kind and helpful and wonderful.

Hell, I'm not even a real PART of this community - I've had maybe 15 or so posts in these threads TOTAL (though I lurk daily). But if you all thought this shit I'm thinking about is unethical, I wouldn't go through with it because I wouldn't want to let any of you down - even if it were only in spirit.

I dunno man. Regular life is hard, amiibo life is harder. That's the goddam gospel truth.

Neoxon

ah okay cool thank you!

also, could anyone pretty please invite me to the LINE group? (and maybe give me a little push in the right direction as to where I set it up?) thank you so much if possible!

hey, i quoted this but when I quote I don't see anything....... :/ any help?
Same here, I'd also like to join.

Insaniac

I'm losing my job at the end of May, and I have several hundred dollars of student loan repayment due every month. I have enough in savings to survive about three months of unemployment, but I just got to thinking - I have 12 amiibo (the rarest being Villager and Rosalina... everything else being uncommon or common), but they are all unopened.

If I get super desperate, how shitty would it be of me to resell my collection at an above market-value price? I realized that this might ACTUALLY be a legitimate source of income for me to skate by for another month, if it comes down to it. Obviously this would be a super last resort type of deal (so hopefully this question only ever stays as a hypothetical), but I'm wondering what this community's thoughts on it would be, because I have specifically cursed the scalper cause with a fucking furious aggression since last November. The last thing I would want to do is betray Amiibo-GAF's ideals when this community has been nothing but kind and helpful and wonderful.

Hell, I'm not even a real PART of this community - I've had maybe 15 or so posts in these threads TOTAL (though I lurk daily). But if you all thought this shit I'm thinking about is unethical, I wouldn't go through with it because I wouldn't want to let any of you down - even if it were only in spirit.

I dunno man. Regular life is hard, amiibo life is harder. That's the goddam gospel truth.

sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Also what do you want for villager :)

to be a little more in-depth. If you're selling your collection for some money cause you need it, there's no problem in that. Just don't be the scalper that buys 20 amiibos soley to resell, thats what we don't want. If you've got time to snatch up tons of amiibo, then you've got time to apply for jobs :)

goldenpp72

There is nothing unethical about selling your own goods at fair market value. The main issue people have is people who buy them with no intent other than that, I'm a game collector myself and I don't ever WANT to sell them, but if I ever need to, you bet your ass i'll get every penny I can. Your well being is more important than someones apparently very disposable cash to them.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
There's some difference between selling off merchandise to pay bills when you're in a tight spot and arranging to buy 40 rosalinas with your Target contact the day before they go out on the shelf.

I wouldn't feel bad about doing what you must to survive when you really have to.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

They're yours, and you can do what you want with them.
Like sell me Villager. :)

But no, if you have to, go for it.

ah okay cool thank you!

also, could anyone pretty please invite me to the LINE group? (and maybe give me a little push in the right direction as to where I set it up?) thank you so much if possible!

hey, i quoted this but when I quote I don't see anything....... :/ any help?

I'm quoting but there's nothing.

Guys, take a pause for the cause. The cause being Diggeh's sanity. They took the quoting part out because he kept getting hammered with requests and it blew up his phone.

Geedorah

There is nothing unethical about selling your own goods at fair market value. The main issue people have is people who buy them with no intent other than that, I'm a game collector myself and I don't ever WANT to sell them, but if I ever need to, you bet your ass i'll get every penny I can. Your well being is more important than someones apparently very disposable cash to them.

Without a doubt, this ^

rjinaz

What others have said. You do what you got to do. Why do you care if random people on the internet will be upset with you when you are talking about money to live off of?

What they said. I recently had to do something very similar, and honestly, fuck anyone that calls me a scalper because of it. if you're just selling your current collection for the going market price and didn't originally intend to scalp, I wouldn't call that scalping, but surviving. It would be stupid of you not to sell what you have for its fullest potential when you're out of a job or just in desperate need.

//ARCANUM

Guys, take a pause for the cause. The cause being Diggeh's sanity. They took the quoting part out because he kept getting hammered with requests and it blew up his phone.

ah okay cool no worries! well if anyone wants to invite me when it calms down, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

GeekComplex

Neo Member
So I'm not alone in sort of taking it as a given we should stay up?
I don't know how this works with Weekends as I just caught the bug...

Converse

Banned
Well, the Direct gave the Amiibo thread a hell of an adrenaline shot.

What's the situation on the Splatoon three-pack looking like? I see that Best Buy (and GameStop?) had pre-orders that came and went. Are we expecting it to be impossible to find? We're at least expecting the girl and boy Inklings to be common, right?

Neoxon

Can I get in on this line action too? The pushbullets have been pretty silent.
Based on what has happened, we should probably let the requests chill so Diggeh can regain his sanity.

I want in as well, but sadly I didn't realize that I wasn't helping with the traffic.

So, I managed to get a Greninja in my shopping cart. Does anyone know if it will stay there even when log off of my TRU account that I literally just created? Not sure if this increases my chances of actually obtaining it, but I don't want to risk losing it.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Well, the Direct gave the Amiibo thread a hell of an adrenaline shot.

What's the situation on the Splatoon three-pack looking like? I see that Best Buy (and GameStop?) had pre-orders that came and went. Are we expecting it to be impossible to find? We're at least expecting the girl and boy Inklings to be common, right?

Essentially that's the assumptions based on the fact Splatoon seems to be an important new IP for them and not having the Amiibo readily available would lead to a much less ideal launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom