• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTU

Banned
Intentionally cancelled my Robin preorder at BB. Realized I didn't actually want him. I think I'm at a weird point where I enjoy the hunt more than the Amiibo themselves...or maybe I've just gone mad.
Still got Lucina on pre-order though

Dumb x10

Silly question
How many people here besides me are collecting Amiibo without yet owning a WiiU or New3DS?
I doubt I'm alone, just curious what the breakdown really is between those who collect to collect and those who collect to utilize/collect.

I don't own a WiiU, just like to collect cause they look fucking cool. Ill buy a WiiU when Starfox is released.

Placed pre-orders for 12 Amiibo's today, including all 3 Wooly Yoshi colours.

Didnt order the Splatoon figures. On the fence if I should get em.

weevles

Intentionally cancelled my Robin preorder at BB. Realized I didn't actually want him. I think I'm at a weird point where I enjoy the hunt more than the Amiibo themselves...or maybe I've just gone mad.

F5'ing like a MOFO right now lol.

NateDrake

Make Robin available, Best Buy. My money is ready!

skaflone721

Neo Member

I think I've gone mad because I canceled Greninja this morning because I bought a bunch of commons with it and didn't want to waste 60 miles in round trips to return the commons.

Well, stupid site only canceled the Greninja and the commons are still on their way. So now I don't get a Greninja plus have to go to TRU to return them (anyone know if I can refuse delivery for free?)

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Alright, I can't do this again.
I'm going to sleep.
Best of luck, will probably pop back on in a couple hours knowing my anxiety levels around this.

Joei

When this next wave hits, Amiibo will only have been on the shelves for 6 months. 6 months, that's it. When you think about it, they will have released a lot of these considering the retail size and space they take up.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
When this next wave hits, Amiibo will only have been on the shelves for 6 months. 6 months, that's it. When you think about it, they will have released a lot of these considering the retail size and space they take up.

I was thinking the same.

By wave 6, which isn't that far off, I'd expect to see retailers picking and choosing what to stock based on past sales. I can't imagine the Amiibo sections will suddenly expand.

Salamando

And that's been their biggest problem. It's their first foray into toys in a long time, and they're putting out more characters than Skylanders or Disney. Once they're done with Smash they'll cool their jets. Hopefully.

This hell has been going on for less than a half year?

Time anti-flies when you're having anti-fun

NateDrake

And that's been their biggest problem. It's their first foray into toys in a long time, and they're putting out more characters than Skylanders or Disney. Once they're done with Smash they'll cool their jets. Hopefully.

Smash was a bit too ambitious for them to launch the brand with since the roster size is so massive.

Salamando

Smash was a bit too ambitious for them to launch the brand with since the roster size is so massive.

Smash is the best and worst thing about Amiibo.

best: They're making toys for Fire Emblem, Punch Out, F Zero, Kid Icarus...and releasing them in the US!

worst: ...but you can't get them since they have too many SKU's to populate shelves with

Dear GAF,

How long is too long to fight a double dose of extra strength sleeping pills. Should I do it regardless in hopes my waifu Lucina will be available for preorder soon. Your friend, brew ha ha the rubber cover (orwhatever that GAF meemee is)

Parham

Banned
Dear GAF,

How long is too long to fight a double dose of extra strength sleeping pills. Should I do it regardless in hopes my waifu Lucina will be available for preorder soon. Your friend, brew ha ha the rubber cover (orwhatever that GAF meemee is)

It already sounds like you're fighting a losing battle. Don't let a toy get in the way of your sleep.

It already sounds like you're fighting a losing battle. Don't let a toy get in the way of your sleep.
amiibo: my anti-drug

you did your due diligence, citizen, and recommended me the healthy course of action. now you're off the hook while we both wait in harmony together for the moment that may never come

who needs sleep when you got them nfc chips

Soul Beat

Esteemed members of GAF. If one of you has it in their heart to get an extra Lucina Amiibo for me I will be forever grateful and I shall pay you back the amount as well as shipping when the time comes.

Signed,
Some dude with an Amiibo problem

Esteemed members of GAF. If one of you has it in their heart to get an extra Lucina Amiibo for me I will be forever grateful and I shall pay you back the amount as well as shipping when the time comes.

Signed,
Some dude with an Amiibo problem
Are we already at the point where people have EXTRA Lucina preorders?

I'm more behind schedule than I realized x_x

Bass260

Has there been any indication of when/where Pacman is going to be available? He's pretty much the only one I care about for this wave lol

Pacman will definitely be a semi-common, like Sonic or Mega Man. He's simple to produce and looks good next to Mario for consumers in awe.

Velcro Fly

I know I said I never would but I'm legit thinking about taking a personal day at work for May 29th to get a Jigglypuff in store. I have plenty of days and the school year ends the very next week and my days do not roll over.

I have a problem :(

Christopher

I know I said I never would but I'm legit thinking about taking a personal day at work for May 29th to get a Jigglypuff in store. I have plenty of days and the school year ends the very next week and my days do not roll over.

can't you just order if from another venue be it amazon.de or amazon.fr or amazon.jp instead of taking a whole day off work?

Jiggle, jiggle, puff and wiggle

I've been living by that mantra for a century now, and i can tell you that jig life has served me well

go forth into the sun that glorious splatoon launch day, brother, for nintendo ip will already be on your side

69wpm

Has this been posted?

4hBGbjk.jpg

Hey guys. I never bought any amiibo until the Super Mario series came out alongside Mario Party 10. I bought all six of those, and I cleaned up on the commons during the current Target sale. I'm not even going to think about the rares from past waves right now, and I haven't bothered with the madness from the past few days.

However, I haven't come across a Fox yet. From what I have read he used to be fairly uncommon but has been popping up quite a bit lately. Can anyone tell me which retailer might be my best bet to find him? I'm looking to pick one up in-store, as he doesn't seem to be listed on any retailer websites. Last time I checked Amazon it was going for $30, but at this point I'm not looking to spend over MSRP for any of them, especially if they can be found at least somewhat reliably in stores.

I've read through some of the headaches people here have been dealing with lately, and it's a shame. I hope Nintendo re-releases the amiibo that are impossible to find at some point, even if it's after the Smash Bros series is finished.

kirby_fox

Banned
Hey guys. I never bought any amiibo until the Super Mario series came out alongside Mario Party 10. I bought all six of those, and I cleaned up on the commons during the current Target sale. I'm not even going to think about the rares from past waves right now, and I haven't bothered with the madness from the past few days.

However, I haven't come across a Fox yet. From what I have read he used to be fairly uncommon but has been popping up quite a bit lately. Can anyone tell me which retailer might be my best bet to find him? I'm looking to pick one up in-store, as he doesn't seem to be listed on any retailer websites. Last time I checked Amazon it was going for $30, but at this point I'm not looking to spend over MSRP for any of them, especially if they can be found at least somewhat reliably in stores.

I've read through some of the headaches people here have been dealing with lately, and it's a shame. I hope Nintendo re-releases the amiibo that are impossible to find at some point, even if it's after the Smash Bros series is finished.

I see a lot of people on here still finding Fox at best buy. But really, it's all YMMV for him- I think some have found him in Walmart and target too. I haven't seen one in awhile personally, but I also got out of it for a couple months.

Best Buy.

SalvaPot

Best Buy is the retailer that has it the most often, try to go there early and if you don´t see it on the section, ask for it, Don´t forget to be nice =).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom