• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Passed out a few hours after work and had a NIGHTMARE that I missed the pre-orders on Amazon. Was still on Gaf in the dream and now I'm here. I can't wait till these horrible things are done releasing.

Thanks for the quick responses. I'll try Best Buy tomorrow. Fox still shows up on their website if you do a generic search for amiibo, but when you try to go to its page it gives an error message so I can't check store availability.

I also noticed that Meta Knight, Dedede, and Ike are still listed on Best Buy's site. When you go to the pages for Ike and Dedede and check store availability it actually shows that it's available for in-store pickup in 3-5 days and even has a button to add to cart, but when you click it there's like a split second where it looks like it's trying then you get the red "there was a problem adding this item to your cart" banner at the top of the page. Teases.

Sort of off topic, but is anyone also collecting the World of Nintendo line by Jakks Pacific that launched shortly before amiibos? They're pretty neat as well. Can't wait for the 6" Metroid and Ganondorf (Wind Waker) later this month!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Well, looks like today was a quiet one after yesterday/last night. Been lurking around here and well not much today. Well I guess Best Buy had Splatoon stuff, but yeah.

*sighhhhhhh* I'm still crossing my fingers for more Robin/Lucina to be made for Codename STEAM. I mean, if they advertise it and even reprint Marth for it. Right? RIGHT??

CorvoSol

25 hours since TRU-DAY happened. No Live chat on website. No confirmation. No cancellation.

Will this paypal pending transaction hang in the ether for all time and eternity, a bitter testament to the fruitless struggle of fan versus scalper in the hellscape created by an angry nintengod of america?

Melchior

Has this been posted?

4hBGbjk.jpg

That's not an official account right?

Right?

Oh okay it's definitely not.
https://twitter.com/SplatoonNA/status/563529058945085440

Insaniac

Need an opinion guys:

I've got Ness, Pac, and Greninja pre-ordered. Robin (most likely) through another gaffer. Really the only other 2 I want are Lucina and Charizard. I expect Charizard to be fairly obtainable after they release. I'm thinking of just getting Lucina for over retail price from some site, just so I don't have to worry about missing pre orders and waht not.

Is there a reliable site to get Lucina from right now or no?

GameStop.com Ness pre-orders haven't gone up yet? I definitely missed out on the WIS because of work, and I asked yesterday if they still had any and was shot down. :(

Tabasco

GameStop.com Ness pre-orders haven't gone up yet? I definitely missed out on the WIS because of work, and I asked yesterday if they still had any and was shot down. :(
They were supposedly taking orders over the phone, and I was in your situation but forgot to do this.

Sucks, since Ness was one of the ones I really wanted.

Well, I just pre-ordered the Lucina figma (along with DMC4:SE) from AmiAmi just now. I'm still gonna try and get the Robin and Lucina amiibo (big Fire Emblem fan), but this wave is just ridiculous. This way I still have something for the character.

...Now if only I could summon the courage to buy the Tharja statue without the fear my family judging me...

Considering the month of April just started and Wave 4 won't release until the end of May. I'm hopeful that some of the preorders from Greninja, Ness, and Jigglypuff will be made available for preorder again on at least more than one occasion before the 29th of May.

Now I need to make sure I'm on my computer when they are available again.

NeOak

Esteemed members of GAF. If one of you has it in their heart to get an extra Lucina Amiibo for me I will be forever grateful and I shall pay you back the amount as well as shipping when the time comes.

Signed,
Some dude with an Amiibo problem

There aren't any.

Beckx

The existential hell of waiting for amazon links to go live.

I really should just bite the bullet and buy lucina and robin from an amazon.jp reseller, I already have stuff that's gotta ship from tenso at the end of the month to combine it with.

I will be getting my in store preorders today. Which leaves me with an extra preorder with Amazon UK for the main 6 (no Jiggly or Greninja)

Anyone want them? These are from the first wave of preorders on Amazon UK. I likely won't have the funds for the preorder so we would have to work something out.

PM me if interested

CorvoSol

I will be getting my in store preorders today. Which leaves me with an extra preorder with Amazon UK for the main 6 (no Jiggly or Greninja)

Anyone want them? These are from the first wave of preorders on Amazon UK. I likely won't have the funds for the preorder so we would have to work something out.

PM me if interested

Sent you a PM!

illgrillchill

Neo Member
So while we're awkardly waiting for some movement from amazon, walmart and target...

Can someone help me find a how-to or some sort of link (tried looking but without any major sucess) that helps with purchasing from Amazon Japan to US? I know there needs to be a proxy, but any help beyond that would be fantastic.

Thanks!

Sushigod7

Esteemed members of GAF. If one of you has it in their heart to get an extra Lucina Amiibo for me I will be forever grateful and I shall pay you back the amount as well as shipping when the time comes.

Signed,
Some dude with an Amiibo problem

Watch for pre-orders wait till release nobody is scoring 1 let alone 2.

Costia

So while we're awkardly waiting for some movement from amazon, walmart and target...

Can someone help me find a how-to or some sort of link (tried looking but without any major sucess) that helps with purchasing from Amazon Japan to US? I know there needs to be a proxy, but any help beyond that would be fantastic.

Thanks!

i dont hink that you need a proxy,
I just signed up and i could order.
There is even a link there that makes everything in English.
But so far none of the products had shipping to my country.
http://cdn.halcyonrealms.com/japan/how-to-order-from-amazon-japan-a-detailed-buying-guide/

CorvoSol

Thanks!

Actually yeah, I'd like to know this, too.

Effect

This is the first time this Amiibo situation has gotten me actually angry. After all this time Nintendo is still screwing up inventory and still not selling these directly in advance. If scalpers want to buy extra inventory so be it. At least give actual customers a chance to buy. I'm okay with paying now and not getting the items until a few weeks or months later. I don't even get the chance to pay for anything.

The Splatoon issue is what is pissing me off the most because there is content locked to it now. I doubt I'm even going to get a chance to attempt a preorder on Robin, Lucina, and the re-released Marth.

rjinaz

It's sad to me that so many people are feeling forced to try and figure out how to import from Japan for amiibo. NoA what are you doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom