• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo has my bank account info when it comes to Animal Crossing. I'm looking forward to collecting all the cards via blind packs, although I hope I can buy blind boxes of blind packs to expedite the collection completion.

I know; I'm the problem. Sorry, but, it's AC.

ShyMel

So I have Greninja in my cart on TRU but there is no way for me to change the "How to get it" section. Should I just close the tab that it's on?

I didn't pay attention to Ike during its NA release because already imported one. For reference for Robin/Lucina, how hard was it to obtain Ike?

Shauni

Yeah, Wave 3 had a pretty good window of preorder time, excluding the retailer exclusives (though I don't think many had a problem finding Shulk for the first month or so)

zulux21

I didn't pay attention to Ike during its NA release because already imported one. For reference for Robin/Lucina, how hard was it to obtain Ike?

to be fair the situations are completely different.

Back when Ike was preorderable we didn't know how rare these things were going to be and how quickly nintendo would discontinue them so they lasted a bit longer. I had a chance to preorder ike back then as he was up for a few days, but didn't because back then I figured I would just wait for a sale.

now robin/female marth are selling out in around 5 minutes when they go live without warning.

I am expecting female marth to be one of the rarest amiibo period, while robin will likely only be top 10 in rarity.

ZeroCDR

Robin and Lucina sold out before my local GameStop could even get the website to load for the first customer, felt bad for the guy :/

I just wanted Ness so I lucked out later in the day when it started working, he lasted pretty long all things considered.

SaviourMK2

So I have Greninja in my cart on TRU but there is no way for me to change the "How to get it" section. Should I just close the tab that it's on?

I would leave it in your cart, leave the tab open. If it gets kicks out of the cart, then when it does go up, a couples seconds could make the difference when trying to re-add them.

Lucinia and Robin have been in my cart for a whole day, I'm not closing the tab and running the risk of missing them.

Soul Beat

Alrighty. I'm back with some LED Lights and a new Sonic Amiibo. What did I miss?

Robin and Lucina sold out before my local GameStop could even get the website to load for the first customer, felt bad for the guy :/

I just wanted Ness so I lucked out later in the day when it started working, he lasted pretty long all things considered.
Same thing happened at the store I went to. Only one person got the 6 Amiibo bundle. Which was the girl I've mentioned before.

I only want Lucina, damn it!

I've got all of Wave 4 locked down. Had to result to trades for Greninja and Jigglypuff.

Picked up all the Splatoon ones (pack and singles) along with that Pink Wool Yoshi that went up on Amazon DE

Should be good until the next Wave!

I've got all of Wave 4 locked down. Had to result to trades for Greninja and Jigglypuff.

Picked up all the Splatoon ones (pack and singles) along with that Pink Wool Yoshi that went up on Amazon DE

Should be good until the next Wave!
Lucky! Did you already find someone for those Best Buy preorders?

Neoxon

Preorders for W4 already started?
Best Buy: Smash Wave 4 & Splatoon Amiibos Sold Out
GameStop: Smash Wave 4 (including Ness) Sold Out, Not Sure About Splatoon
Toys R' Us: Smash Wave 4 (including Greninja) Sold Out, Not Sure About Splatoon
Target: Jigglypuff Sold Out, Rest of Smash Wave 4 & Splatoon Aren't Up Yet
Amazon: Smash Wave 4 & Splatoon Amiibos Aren't Up Yet
Walmart: Smash Wave 4 & Splatoon Amiibos Aren't Up Yet

Somehow I managed to snag an extra Lucina and Robin - think I'll be able to flip them for a NIB Ness and Jiggly when they get released?
From the way Lucina and Robin sold out quick when they were available, I'd say yes. Using MegaMan as an example, I feel as though Pac-Man will be hard to obtain at first but will become relatively common as the days go by.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Hopefully Jiggly is like Rosalina and its relatively plentiful at store launch. Most had success who went when they opened.
And another batch opens up online.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Jigglypuff.

I think all the amiibos will have another shot online when the release date hits. Hasn't that been the normal means of doing things?

Hopefully amazon opens up preorders soon. This has become an addiction.

Oh, I'm half awake I read it as "another batch opens TONIGHT" for whatever reason...

I feel like Amazon will open up when I'm either at work or sleeping or something dumb. I do have another set of eyes looking out for me, but still.

Oh, I'm half awake I read it as "another batch opens TONIGHT" for whatever reason...

I feel like Amazon will open up when I'm either at work or sleeping or something dumb. I do have another set of eyes looking out for me, but still.

I'm just fortunate to have a desk job so I can keep an eye on things from time to time during our down time... But with my luck, Amazon will open up pre-orders during the commute to/from work.

So am I completly screwed for getting Greninja? I have a hard time believing that he will be rarer than Ness...
Too early to say that any of us are fucked. We still have time left and the ball's in TRU's court for Greninja and in Gamestop's court for Ness.

Shauni

Yeah, I do have a feeling that Ness will be back at some point. Not to say he'll be common, or easy to pre-order, but Shulk was the most effortless retailer exclusive to preorder and obtain before release, I think. Though, I don't know if he ever actually made it to the actual stores or not like the other retailers did for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom